Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

stat dec & certified copies..again!

stat dec & certified copies..again!

Old Jun 14th 2006, 10:50 am
broken but got a visa! :

katsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile stat dec & certified copies..again!

Hi all, sorry to bring this one up again...
ive searched the old threads and have come up with sooo much conflicting advice....
I want to get hubbys 'work experience declaration' stat dec'd, who can do this?
ive gathered that a teacher can certify all the copies of qualifications etc, (been very lucky and got 3 copies of all references, so dont need them stat dec'ing or certifying...do i?)
but can the same teacher do a stat dec or can a policeman?
wish the police man could do it all...best friend is one!
also on the certified copy, what do they write? 'i certify that this is a true copy of the original etc, do they put there position/place of employment on every copy?
tia everyone
kat xxx

also hubby was out of work for a couple of months when he moved to chelt, he has done a statement to explain his 'period of unemployment' does that need to be a stat dec too?
(hoping to send TRA next week...yippee)
Old Jun 14th 2006, 11:57 am
Forum Regular

DavidShea is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: stat dec & certified copies..again!

Originally Posted by katsmajic
Hi all, sorry to bring this one up again...
ive searched the old threads and have come up with sooo much conflicting advice....
I want to get hubbys 'work experience declaration' stat dec'd, who can do this?
ive gathered that a teacher can certify all the copies of qualifications etc, (been very lucky and got 3 copies of all references, so dont need them stat dec'ing or certifying...do i?)
but can the same teacher do a stat dec or can a policeman?
wish the police man could do it all...best friend is one!
also on the certified copy, what do they write? 'i certify that this is a true copy of the original etc, do they put there position/place of employment on every copy?
tia everyone
kat xxx

also hubby was out of work for a couple of months when he moved to chelt, he has done a statement to explain his 'period of unemployment' does that need to be a stat dec too?
(hoping to send TRA next week...yippee)
If you're outside Australia, the certification needs to be done by someone qualified to do so in that country. That means in the UK a notary public or solicitor. We got all our stuff done at a notary (normally cheaper than a solicitor), he took copies of all the docs we needed certifed, produced a cover note, then sealed and signed them. If you can, get them all done at once, it's cheaper!

As far as I know, the Australian Government won't accept any original documents, so everything has to be certified.

As for the stat decs, I had to do 3 for the Computer society to get my skills assessed - I wrote them, then the notery witnessed and stamped them. The wording went something like:

"I, [name], born [date] of [address], do solemnly and sincerely declare that [whatever the stat dec is about]"

Then on the bottom,

"I make this solemn declaration by virtue of the Statutory Declarations Act 1959 as amended and subject to the penalties provided by the Act For the making of false statements in statutory declarations. Conscientiously believing the statements contained in this declaration to be true in every particular."

and space for you and a witness (the notary) to sign and date.

They seemed happy with this and gave me my skills points!
Old Jun 14th 2006, 12:15 pm
broken but got a visa! :

katsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: stat dec & certified copies..again!

Thanks
Kat xx
Originally Posted by DavidShea
If you're outside Australia, the certification needs to be done by someone qualified to do so in that country. That means in the UK a notary public or solicitor. We got all our stuff done at a notary (normally cheaper than a solicitor), he took copies of all the docs we needed certifed, produced a cover note, then sealed and signed them. If you can, get them all done at once, it's cheaper!

As far as I know, the Australian Government won't accept any original documents, so everything has to be certified.

As for the stat decs, I had to do 3 for the Computer society to get my skills assessed - I wrote them, then the notery witnessed and stamped them. The wording went something like:

"I, [name], born [date] of [address], do solemnly and sincerely declare that [whatever the stat dec is about]"

Then on the bottom,

"I make this solemn declaration by virtue of the Statutory Declarations Act 1959 as amended and subject to the penalties provided by the Act For the making of false statements in statutory declarations. Conscientiously believing the statements contained in this declaration to be true in every particular."

and space for you and a witness (the notary) to sign and date.

They seemed happy with this and gave me my skills points!
Old Jun 15th 2006, 1:05 pm
Just Joined

rajparmar1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: stat dec & certified copies..again!

Kat - not sure if this will be of any help.....

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=378233

Good luck x
Old Jun 15th 2006, 1:32 pm
broken but got a visa! :

Smile Re: stat dec & certified copies..again!

Thanks, and sorry to have dragged it all up again....
i am now getting my very nice police man friend to certify doc's and do our stat decs...
Kat xxx