Starting Tra

Old Nov 10th 2006, 9:31 am
BE Enthusiast

chrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant future
Default Starting Tra

higuys iam currently in the process of applying for my tra. I am a little worried however, as i dont really want to ask my current employer for a referance as i dont have a contract and i am worried that if i ask for a referance she may ge rid of me. Also i have been at the company 8 months so it could mess up my visa chances if i was to lose my job. Wha do youguys think i should do? P.s i am a hairdresser
Old Nov 10th 2006, 9:34 am
Account Closed

sassycat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Starting Tra

Originally Posted by chrisandvee
higuys iam currently in the process of applying for my tra. I am a little worried however, as i dont really want to ask my current employer for a referance as i dont have a contract and i am worried that if i ask for a referance she may ge rid of me. Also i have been at the company 8 months so it could mess up my visa chances if i was to lose my job. Wha do youguys think i should do? P.s i am a hairdresser

Hi there - and welcome

I had a similar problem with my reference. In the end I did ask but said that I would be looking to go to Oz in a couple of years and on a short term visa. You do not have to tell your employer what sort of visa you are applying for and it doesn't need to be in the letter either.

Not sure if that will help but I just got my TRA back approved this week so I know that is ok from the TRA side.

Good luck with everything.

Love Sas x-x
Old Nov 10th 2006, 10:35 am
BE Enthusiast

chrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant future

thanks for the advice i appreciate it. We are you thinking of going?
Old Nov 10th 2006, 11:31 am
BE Enthusiast

scottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nice

I got a ref from my present employer.
I told them I was applying for a trade assessment called a TRA certificate.
(Trade Recognition, ehem Assessment)
which meant I had to get this job description signed on letterheaded paper.
They just thought it was a vocational qualification and signed it and wished me luck.
They hadn't a clue what it was really for and still haven't.

Scotty.
Old Nov 10th 2006, 11:32 am
Account Closed

thanks for the advice i appreciate it. We are you thinking of going?

Hopefuly heading to Perth - what about you???
Old Nov 10th 2006, 12:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Perth too! Probably around joondalup as we were there for six months last year and fell in love
Old Nov 10th 2006, 5:52 pm
Account Closed

Perth too! Probably around joondalup as we were there for six months last year and fell in love

Was that on a holiday then????????

Not sure where I will end up - really depends on work/houses etc - just decide when ready to go

Good luck with everything
Old Nov 10th 2006, 9:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

I went on a 12 month work visa last year had planned to stay in perth 3 months ended up staying 6 and had to force myself to leave and see the rest of oz I LOVED IT
Old Nov 10th 2006, 10:00 pm
Just Joined

Sideys is just really niceSideys is just really niceSideys is just really niceSideys is just really niceSideys is just really niceSideys is just really niceSideys is just really niceSideys is just really niceSideys is just really niceSideys is just really niceSideys is just really nice

We were told by our agent that i could get someone at the same level as myself to sign the reference although he did recomend getting management or above if possible. in the end i just could not risk it and i asked one of my collegues to sign it and asked him to keep it zipped. my TRA went through without any probs.