Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Starting a Thread

Starting a Thread

Old Jan 15th 2004, 8:30 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Starting a Thread

Whats nice , as ive noticed of late is to partake in or indeed begin a topic that is supported by posts,

watching the thread develop and meander its way from convo to convo is exilleratingly interesting, so much so, yesterday i was accused of drug taking due to my apparent interest within the posts, a comment said in JEST i hope

Whats your slant on threads ?

BTW i aint no Troll, sum git emailed me asking wtf i really was << this is my 1 and only name on here !

Old Jan 15th 2004, 9:04 am
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all
Default Re: Starting a Thread

Originally posted by Timber Floor Au
Whats nice , as ive noticed of late is to partake in or indeed begin a topic that is supported by posts,

watching the thread develop and meander its way from convo to convo is exilleratingly interesting, so much so, yesterday i was accused of drug taking due to my apparent interest within the posts, a comment said in JEST i hope

BTW i aint no Troll, sum git emailed me asking wtf i really was << this is my 1 and only name on here !

i see the early stages of an addiction coming on...
Old Jan 15th 2004, 9:05 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Just wanna make a comment about you:

I think that you're just a reasonably normal guy.
Maybe others feel differently because:
- usually 'newbies' start of slowly, but because you are used to forums, and have been reading this one for ages, you've jumped right in, and have made heaps of posts. Maybe some people just have to get used to you...??

- your spelling and grammatica (?? ) isn't all that great in you posts, so sometimes they are a bit confusing and hard to read! Oh, this also has to do with all the txt language

Anyway, I don't really care, most of your posts are good, and you contribute to the forum with your opinion, which is what a forum is about!

Old Jan 15th 2004, 9:18 am
BE Forum Addict

sjn2003 is on a distinguished road

You definitely put youself about - that bloody kangaroo is on every damn page I look at !!

Welcome on board and ignore all that troll rubbish - it will disappear soon enough.

Re: threads - there's nothing worse though than seeing no replies and it vanishing off the bottom of the page by the time you have come back from making a brew !!!!
Old Jan 15th 2004, 9:19 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Simone82
Just wanna make a comment about you:

I think that you're just a reasonably normal guy.
Maybe others feel differently because:
- usually 'newbies' start of slowly, but because you are used to forums, and have been reading this one for ages, you've jumped right in, and have made heaps of posts. Maybe some people just have to get used to you...??

- your spelling and grammatica (?? ) isn't all that great in you posts, so sometimes they are a bit confusing and hard to read! Oh, this also has to do with all the txt language

Anyway, I don't really care, most of your posts are good, and you contribute to the forum with your opinion, which is what a forum is about!

yeah sorry about my shorthandedness oops

I belong and participate and have done, to an online chat community , that is australian based, and you kinda get to speak in ways that ppl both understand and relieves typing amounts...

I will at some point today put a thread on, explaining the "lingo" and perhaps we can have some fun

cheers
Old Jan 15th 2004, 9:21 am
Banned

Originally posted by sjn2003
You definitely put youself about - that bloody kangaroo is on every damn page I look at !!

Welcome on board and ignore all that troll rubbish - it will disappear soon enough.

Re: threads - there's nothing worse though than seeing no replies and it vanishing off the bottom of the page by the time you have come back from making a brew !!!!

PMSL aint that a Fact ... I always thought i had interesting views and beliefs and then i see a thread that has about as much relevance and interest as rockin horse poo > get like 1200 views.... guess ur never to old to learn
Old Jan 15th 2004, 9:24 am
Banned

Originally posted by scutterUK
i see the early stages of an addiction coming on...

OMG it is so addictive, and i must admit , seeing how what you say and the way you say it is seen by others is somewhat disconcerting at times. cos <!> 1 mean one thing and i know for a fact its taken the other way.....

strange thing is, everyone ive met in oz says OMG ur like a bloody aussie < humour wise >

Aussies are very direct, as noted in another thread, i think Bondi mentioned it... so much so they can appear ABBRUPT when thats far from the truth, the laid back cant be arsed impression is a dangerous route... they are far from it.
Old Jan 15th 2004, 9:26 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

yeah sorry about my shorthandedness oops

I belong and participate and have done, to an online chat community , that is australian based, and you kinda get to speak in ways that ppl both understand and relieves typing amounts...

I will at some point today put a thread on, explaining the "lingo" and perhaps we can have some fun

cheers
I understand.
But there's a lot of people who have less experience with the txt stuff.

I always forget what pmsl and lmao is.

On another board I was on, it wasn't allowed. And you also had to use capital letters etc. Which I don't think is a bad idea. (there were more moderators there though)
Cos you can teach everyone now, but there will always be newbies who can't understand half of it.

Of course it'll change in time, like 'lol' I do think is all right because that's now so widely known.
And maybe a few others that I can't think of right now.....

But, yeah, explain some of it, cos I don't know half!!
Old Jan 15th 2004, 9:27 am
Go Banana's !!

Keep posting Timber, I love your frankness. :scared:

I agree with your comments, I guess it can be a bit demoralising for Newbies if they get no response whatsoever from their posts even though others may think they have replied before

Best wishes

Warren
Perth 2004

Old Jan 15th 2004, 9:30 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

OMG it is so addictive, and i must admit , seeing how what you say and the way you say it is seen by others is somewhat disconcerting at times. cos <!> 1 mean one thing and i know for a fact its taken the other way.....
Oh, I have that too. That's my most of my posts end up so long, so that I can explain everything well, and try stop people from taking it the wrong way before hand!

I think most of the arguments on here are because people aren't 'communicating' well enough.
I think a lot of people who get on much better in person.
Not that that applies to everyone, but still!

Luckily we've got smilies, otherwise it would be even worse!!
Old Jan 15th 2004, 9:31 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

I understand.

On another board I was on, it wasn't allowed. And you also had to use capital letters etc. Which I don't think is a bad idea. (there were more moderators there though)
Cos you can teach everyone now, but there will always be newbies who can't understand half of it.

Of course it'll change in time, like 'lol' I do think is all right because that's now so widely known.

Ditto, Simone....can only cope with so much txt language before my mind goes numb

Other than that, keep up the posts Timber Floor Au (or should that be TFA )
Old Jan 15th 2004, 9:31 am
Banned

Originally posted by Go Banana's !!
Keep posting Timber, I love your frankness. :scared:

I agree with your comments, I guess it can be a bit demoralising for Newbies if they get no response whatsoever from their posts even though others may think they have replied before

Best wishes

Warren
Perth 2004

Cheers warren and you, at least if i keep openin my HUGE gob it detracts from others posts, so that other newbies can post without ridicule
Old Jan 15th 2004, 9:32 am
Banned

Originally posted by bundy
Ditto, Simone....can only cope with so much txt language before my mind goes numb

Other than that, keep up the posts Timber Floor Au (or should that be TFA )

Touche !
Old Jan 15th 2004, 9:33 am
Banned

I understand.

Ill start a thread now lol, the other computer here is whirring away > so im ok for a while
Old Jan 15th 2004, 9:34 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Ill start a thread now lol, the other computer here is whirring away > so im ok for a while
NO!!!!!! Not now!
I'm supposed to be busy working!

And I'm addicted!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.