Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Starting to panic

Starting to panic

Old Sep 22nd 2004, 8:52 pm
Anxiously awaiting March

vicky o will become famous soon enoughvicky o will become famous soon enough
Default Starting to panic

Not a panicker by nature, but only 5 days left at work. Finish next Friday. Only just over a week until the shippers come, then it's all round the houses with anyone that will have us until the 19th Oct when we fly.
NOT ENOUGH TIME!!!!!!!!!
Still got loads to do, hubby keeps saying, "It'll be alright", whilst watching the bloody footie, and i can't even relax with my beloved Baileys bottle cos I'm 6 months pregnant.
Panic definately starting to set in. :scared:
Anyone got any soothing tips or karma???
Old Sep 22nd 2004, 8:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all
Default Re: Starting to panic

Originally Posted by vicky o
Not a panicker by nature, but only 5 days left at work. Finish next Friday. Only just over a week until the shippers come, then it's all round the houses with anyone that will have us until the 19th Oct when we fly.
NOT ENOUGH TIME!!!!!!!!!
Still got loads to do, hubby keeps saying, "It'll be alright", whilst watching the bloody footie, and i can't even relax with my beloved Baileys bottle cos I'm 6 months pregnant.
Vicky
Know how you feel as I am going on 5 October
Old Sep 22nd 2004, 9:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ushas will become famous soon enough

NOT ENOUGH TIME!!!!!!!!!
Not sure if it will help but...

Just think... you've done the most complicated bit and in 3 weeks you'll be done and beginning settling in to your new life in Oz. While us... well we're still waiting to hear and hanging about wanting things settled knowing we won't be there until Jan at the earliest.
Hubby's so relaxed? Go on strike! Run a lovely bubbly bath...get a good girly mag and lie back. Tell hubby you're stressed cause of the pregnancy and move and he's now got to organise the shipping.
Old Sep 22nd 2004, 10:42 pm
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

NOT ENOUGH TIME!!!!!!!!!
Panic is a completely natural response under the circumstances. You've made one of the biggest decisions of your entire life and it's sort of developed a momentum of its own. Like a hairy rollercoaster ride, its quite scary and you probably feel you have no real control at this point in time. But you built that rollercoaster, set it on its way and got it up to speed. It may be scary, but it can also be a real thrill of a ride!

Easy for me to say, I'm a long way off applying. But I feel that when the ride stops, and you've come out relatively unscathed, you'll be on a real high that you were brave enough to actually go through with it. And then you can share the excitement with others!

In plain English, big decisions are scary, because of the relative loss of control. If you are determined to adapt, then you will reap the rewards!

I wish you the very best of luck........and I hope you're still awake after reading this!

To the future!

Tony.
Old Sep 23rd 2004, 1:01 pm
Anxiously awaiting March

vicky o will become famous soon enoughvicky o will become famous soon enough

Thanks Guy's, Starting to feel a bit better today. Thanks for the karma. It's worked it's magic.
I'm sure everything will be fine and there will be enough time, you're right, it is the biggest thing I've ever done, especially with the pregnancy on top.
And I think I will have that long lie in a lovely bubble bath tonight.

Keep thinking positive thoughts!!!!
Old Sep 23rd 2004, 1:42 pm
I'm PR Now!! Yeah!!

Sam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really nice

Thanks Guy's, Starting to feel a bit better today. Thanks for the karma. It's worked it's magic.
I'm sure everything will be fine and there will be enough time, you're right, it is the biggest thing I've ever done, especially with the pregnancy on top.
And I think I will have that long lie in a lovely bubble bath tonight.

Keep thinking positive thoughts!!!!

Both Sam and myself have been through it, So I don't envy the taskof moving, ours was a nightmare, Pickords let us down, Crown came to the rescue and saved our assesBIG time!, what a great crew they sent to pack load and gone one day. worst part was moving the house ourselves using a nissan micra circa 1842,,, sorry 1980 and some really decent chaps called Budget removals and another guy who actually loaned me his Van for the morning. We had to move all our stuff into 3 100 cuFt storage and was only charged for 2..many thanks to Steve from American EZ storage for that.

Then all the paying off bills, trying to cancel direct debits and being told you can't (HSBC Strike again)

We moved in with a close friend for 4 days and flew out on the 22nd I think, but once you land in this sunny little country it will be all forgotten....trust me, it is Sooooooo worth it

As for the footie, cut the plug off the tv...

Andy
Old Sep 23rd 2004, 1:43 pm
Wannabee Queenslander

badri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant future

Breath in Breath out ....
Keep your self focussed make a short list and allocate different persons to different task.

Then as yiur hubby says things will be alright.....

Badri
Old Sep 23rd 2004, 2:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ushas will become famous soon enough

Glad you're feeling a little clamer today. Lots of karma and positives coming your way. Hopefully when it's our turn it will all come back to us!