Starting Out On A Long Road To Move To Perth

Starting Out On A Long Road To Move To Perth

Old Jan 26th 2007, 7:36 am
Has
Forum Regular

Has is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Starting Out On A Long Road To Move To Perth

Hello from a cold, miserable London

I'm a Brit in his mid-20s looking to move to Perth, a my fiancee lives there (non-Aussie). I've jsut been there and love the place. I know it might take me a year to get there, but I'm determined to do so. I know I can get work out there, as I work in finance in the City of London, and agencies would be prepared to sponsor me. I'd love to do my work there. I've had quite good feedback from a few firms.

I know it's going to be a year of ups and downs, but that is the life that I want. I would like to ask anyone if they can help me with tips, advice and hints.

First of all, are there expat hangouts in Perth? And how much (sensitive topic it is, but I would love to know so as to plan) does a person ned to live on in Perth (is 50 K aud enough) And how much does it take to get set up in terms of rents, etc?

I love Perth and leaving it and the missus was the hardest thing in the world, so I am determined that next time I go, I won't have to go back to the airport.

If there is anyone worknig in finance in Perth, please feel free to contact me, as I would welcome all the advice that I can get.

Many thanks in advance, thanks for having me here. Any advice would be more than welcome.
Old Jan 26th 2007, 9:09 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of
Default Re: Starting Out On A Long Road To Move To Perth

Originally Posted by Has
Hello from a cold, miserable London

I'm a Brit in his mid-20s looking to move to Perth, a my fiancee lives there (non-Aussie). I've jsut been there and love the place. I know it might take me a year to get there, but I'm determined to do so. I know I can get work out there, as I work in finance in the City of London, and agencies would be prepared to sponsor me. I'd love to do my work there. I've had quite good feedback from a few firms.

I know it's going to be a year of ups and downs, but that is the life that I want. I would like to ask anyone if they can help me with tips, advice and hints.

First of all, are there expat hangouts in Perth? And how much (sensitive topic it is, but I would love to know so as to plan) does a person ned to live on in Perth (is 50 K aud enough) And how much does it take to get set up in terms of rents, etc?

I love Perth and leaving it and the missus was the hardest thing in the world, so I am determined that next time I go, I won't have to go back to the airport.

If there is anyone worknig in finance in Perth, please feel free to contact me, as I would welcome all the advice that I can get.

Many thanks in advance, thanks for having me here. Any advice would be more than welcome.
If your fiancee is an aussie, then I am sure it will take less than a year for your visa to come through????????
Old Jan 26th 2007, 9:36 am
Has
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sj oldfield
If your fiancee is an aussie, then I am sure it will take less than a year for your visa to come through????????
She is, but we live in different countries, so joint bills, etc are impossible to produce. I've spoken to a few agencies and one in particular reckons that either a finance firm will sponsor me, or the agency will.

I need to plan the financials, so please if anyone can let me know if $50k per annum is OK to start on and live on in Perth? This is just a figure that I have in my head, but need to ascertain just how much I need.

Cheers
Old Jan 26th 2007, 9:44 am
Homeward bound

The O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Has,

Just wanted to say 'hello' and welcome to BE. This site is great cos of the peeps on here, everyone will try to be as helpful as they can, but sometimes you have to be patient. Good Luck

Nic
Old Jan 26th 2007, 9:47 am
Has
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by The O'Neills
Hi Has,

Just wanted to say 'hello' and welcome to BE. This site is great cos of the peeps on here, everyone will try to be as helpful as they can, but sometimes you have to be patient. Good Luck

Nic
Cheers Nick.

Seeing so many people here, inc those who've been through the experience, gives me hope. Right now, Im finding it tough to cope in London, so I reckon a year at the most and Ill be out of here.

Thanks everyone!!!