Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Starting New Business

Starting New Business

Old Jan 22nd 2005, 10:50 am
Down Under and Lovin It

Jacko1 will become famous soon enough
Default Starting New Business

Thinking of doing my own thing, niche market and all that.

Anyone set up a limited company here? (Perth, WA) Looking for the right route ie Company Registration etc

Will obviously be looking in more detail next week, just thought I would get a few ideas/impressions etc

PS I have a lot of previous experiance, having set up and run own successful Co in UK

Local advice apreciated

Paul J
Old Jan 22nd 2005, 10:54 am
Just Joined

wattle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Starting New Business

Originally Posted by Jacko1
Thinking of doing my own thing, niche market and all that.

Anyone set up a limited company here? (Perth, WA) Looking for the right route ie Company Registration etc

Will obviously be looking in more detail next week, just thought I would get a few ideas/impressions etc

PS I have a lot of previous experiance, having set up and run own successful Co in UK

Local advice apreciated

Paul J
Am also interested in this as i want to bring my company Rosette World to AU
Old Jan 22nd 2005, 10:58 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

We have set up our own company but as it is in Queensland I dont think it would be much help to you. This is a good place to start: http://www.asic.gov.au/asic/ASIC_INF...s?opendocument

Last edited by debsy; Jan 22nd 2005 at 11:00 am. Reason: typo
Old Jan 22nd 2005, 11:28 am
Forum Regular

Helium Kid is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by debsy
We have set up our own company but as it is in Queensland I dont think it would be much help to you. This is a good place to start: http://www.asic.gov.au/asic/ASIC_INF...s?opendocument
Could you tell me a bit about the process that took you over there Debsy as I am applying to buy a business in Queensland and wonder how long things will take.

I want to buy an up and running business with staff in place.

Any tips or advice would be appreciated and I'm curious as to how things are going for you and if you are meeting or have met the criteria for PR.

Regards,

HK.
Old Jan 22nd 2005, 11:35 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Helium Kid
Could you tell me a bit about the process that took you over there Debsy as I am applying to buy a business in Queensland and wonder how long things will take.

I want to buy an up and running business with staff in place.

Any tips or advice would be appreciated and I'm curious as to how things are going for you and if you are meeting or have met the criteria for PR.

Regards,

HK.
Hi HK
Well, to be honest the setting up of the company was very easy as our lawyer did it all for us. We are purchasing a business that is also running but we had to set up our own Company. All we had to do was tell him which name we had chosen and he sorted it out for us. If you have a look on the asic website you should get some ideas of what you will have to do.

Good luck.
Old Jan 22nd 2005, 11:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Helium
Sorry, forgot to add that we are on a PR visa anyway. Gazza222 might be able to help you though as I am sure that he knows about that kind of visa. Maybe you should PM him.
Old Jan 23rd 2005, 3:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Paul
Hubby has set up as a sole trader, using his name and reckons its easier - think you would have to speak to him. Helen has our no. so give us a call if interested, although it is very early days.
We also have a book we could loan out to you, if anyone else is interested in buying it is "Australian Master buisness managers guide 2003/4" ISBN 1 86468 691 X Its pretty thick and detailed and seems to cover stuff in detail.
ATB
Larissa
Old Jan 23rd 2005, 11:49 am
Down Under and Lovin It

Jacko1 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Larissa
Hi Paul
Hubby has set up as a sole trader, using his name and reckons its easier - think you would have to speak to him. Helen has our no. so give us a call if interested, although it is very early days.
We also have a book we could loan out to you, if anyone else is interested in buying it is "Australian Master buisness managers guide 2003/4" ISBN 1 86468 691 X Its pretty thick and detailed and seems to cover stuff in detail.
ATB
Larissa
Yup, may call, however my type of business is not really suited to sole trader, needs to be limited liability etc due to high turnover (just in case)

Will be looking into it all next week in a bit more detail

Paul J