Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

starting business up need info

starting business up need info

Old Jan 27th 2008, 2:22 am
Forum Regular

lisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nice
Default starting business up need info

My OH is buying a travel agency franchise which has prompted me into looking into starting a business up. In general how do people find wholesalers of genuine manufacturers of goods abroad.

This is an idea at the moment and the finding of reliable and trust worthy manufacturers abroad, would be what i really need information on.

Lisas
Old May 3rd 2008, 6:07 pm
Just Joined

TereseJ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: starting business up need info

Originally Posted by lisas
My OH is buying a travel agency franchise which has prompted me into looking into starting a business up. In general how do people find wholesalers of genuine manufacturers of goods abroad.

This is an idea at the moment and the finding of reliable and trust worthy manufacturers abroad, would be what i really need information on.

Lisas
I would be interested to find out more about the travel agency franchise? What visa goes with that? 163?457? Thanks Terese
Old May 3rd 2008, 6:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

shiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to behold

talk to austrade

http://www.austrade.gov.au/

cheers

Originally Posted by lisas

Lisas
Old May 3rd 2008, 11:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

You might want to check out franchising - there has been considerable discussion on our local radio of late where franchisees have basically been taken to the clearners by the parent company. I didnt hear the whole series on the topic but the stories went on for some weeks - I dont quite know where you would go to check it out but there are definitely some companies out there in the market place to avoid (a well known bakery chain and something to do with cars were oft mentioned) or at least take good care with.
Old May 4th 2008, 7:01 am
Just Joined

TereseJ is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by quoll
You might want to check out franchising - there has been considerable discussion on our local radio of late where franchisees have basically been taken to the clearners by the parent company. I didnt hear the whole series on the topic but the stories went on for some weeks - I dont quite know where you would go to check it out but there are definitely some companies out there in the market place to avoid (a well known bakery chain and something to do with cars were oft mentioned) or at least take good care with.
thanks for the heads up. We have also looked at Jims Group. So far cant dig up any dirt on them - any comments on them?
Cheers
Old May 4th 2008, 7:23 am
Forum Regular

stariston is a name known to allstariston is a name known to allstariston is a name known to allstariston is a name known to allstariston is a name known to allstariston is a name known to allstariston is a name known to allstariston is a name known to allstariston is a name known to allstariston is a name known to allstariston is a name known to all

[QUOTE=lisas;5843691]My OH is buying a travel agency franchise which has prompted me into looking into starting a business up. In general how do people find wholesalers of genuine manufacturers of goods abroad.

Lisas[/QUOTE

Are the Jims Franchises involved in Travel Agencies now That Beard and
the Dirty overalls Travel Agents Its a marketing nightmare please tell
me there not
Regards stariston