Starbucks ??

Old Apr 14th 2006, 10:42 pm
Forum Regular

FloridaLee has a brilliant futureFloridaLee has a brilliant futureFloridaLee has a brilliant futureFloridaLee has a brilliant futureFloridaLee has a brilliant futureFloridaLee has a brilliant futureFloridaLee has a brilliant future
Question Starbucks ??

The wife has been nagging me to ask if they have any Starbucks on the Gold Coast ?? Please tell me they do as I need a quite life

Lee
Old Apr 14th 2006, 10:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of
Default Re: Starbucks ??

So far we are pleased to say we have not seen anybut their are plenty of
Old Apr 14th 2006, 10:56 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Question Re: Starbucks ??

Originally Posted by FloridaLee
The wife has been nagging me to ask if they have any Starbucks on the Gold Coast ?? Please tell me they do as I need a quite life

Lee
There's probably some kicking around the place somewhere, but why the bloody hell would you bother with them in the first place?

In Australia, we drink real coffee, served by genuine baristas.

I'm willing to be that the average Starbucks employee wouldn't know what a barista was if one of them bit him in the leg.
Old Apr 14th 2006, 10:58 pm
Forum Regular

FloridaLee has a brilliant futureFloridaLee has a brilliant futureFloridaLee has a brilliant futureFloridaLee has a brilliant futureFloridaLee has a brilliant futureFloridaLee has a brilliant futureFloridaLee has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by karenjc
So far we are pleased to say we have not seen anybut their are plenty of

Oh balls ... that's good and bad news ...

Good for me , but bad for the wife

"There's probably some kicking around the place somewhere, but why the bloody hell would you bother with them in the first place?" -- The wife is an addict !!

Oh also .. on a side note , are all the pubs in QLD smoke free now ??

Sorry for all the questions
Old Apr 14th 2006, 11:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

BenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
There's probably some kicking around the place somewhere, but why the bloody hell would you bother with them in the first place?

I'm willing to be that the average Starbucks employee wouldn't know what a barista was if one of them bit him in the leg.
I don't claim to be a coffee expert, but I know enough to say thank God there aren't Starbucks everywhere you turn. The whole "yes our coffee is sh*t, but you get a lot of it" sums up America. If you are looking for decent coffee, there are many other options and I am sure that some of those living on the Gold Coast can let you have the names of a few places to go.

Now, as for the comment about "real coffee", a friend of mine who is very much into his coffee told me there are fewer than 80 actual qualified barristas in Australia. Training to be a barrista takes weeks, so I suspect that number is pretty much spot on. However, 95% of people don't know the difference between a properly made latte and flat white, so as long as they enjoy their coffee it doesn't matter. I am told by various friends who do like coffee that the coffee in a lot of places in Melbourne is superb, so I will have to see if they are right.
Old Apr 15th 2006, 12:00 am
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

No you are still allowed to give other people cancer
Old Apr 15th 2006, 12:04 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Starbucks.... overpriced frothy crap IMHO

(Can I have it wet?= Yes, I'd like some bloody liquid in the cup)
Old Apr 15th 2006, 12:20 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Lee
Starbucks have just opened a store in COLONADES shopping mall south of ADELAIDE , but they will have trouble , their is a lot of good competion. The guy who took out Worlds best Barista award for 2005 comes from Adelaide. ....mm
Old Apr 15th 2006, 12:32 am
Karma earned, not whored

CadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of light

Lee
If it is so critical to your wifes move then why not head to Melbourne, there are plenty of Starbucks there. Coffee is coffee, there are a hundred and one places that probably sell better coffee.
Old Apr 15th 2006, 1:11 am
C&R
Always the last to leave.

C&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CadburysFingers
If it is so critical to your wifes move then why not head to Melbourne, there are plenty of Starbucks there. Coffee is coffee, there are a hundred and one places that probably sell better coffee.
Starbucks is only decent coffee when there are two shots in it. Other then that, you may as well be drinking coloured water or hot milk. They do do a good mocca frappacino, but thats only viable when its steaming hot outside. Australia has the best coffee shops, flat whites, proper cappo. No need for Starbucks.
Old Apr 15th 2006, 1:44 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Lee
Lee
There are Starbucks on the GC at the following locations:
Surfers x 2 One in Cavill Ave and one at the Renaissance
Westfield Helensvale
Stocklands Burleigh
Pacific Fair.

These should keep you going.

Debs
Old Apr 15th 2006, 2:07 am
Banned

232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede

In Australia we do mate - but you're in England!!!
Old Apr 15th 2006, 2:09 am
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

An old favourite avatar ...
Attached Images  
Old Apr 15th 2006, 2:12 am
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by karenjc
No you are still allowed to give other people cancer
I knew there was a reason I'd been hanging onto my Xmas Coles voucher ... can I get a lung-full gift-wrapped?

Counter question ... are people still allowed to drive in Australia? ... those tail-pipes are so close to the kiddy-widdy faces aren't they?

Last edited by Deadmeat; Apr 15th 2006 at 2:13 am. Reason: Just being a smart-arse ... no-one likes the truth.
Old Apr 15th 2006, 7:12 am
jib
BE Enthusiast

jib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nice

Originally Posted by mr mover
Starbucks have just opened a store in COLONADES shopping mall south of ADELAIDE , but they will have trouble , their is a lot of good competion. The guy who took out Worlds best Barista award for 2005 comes from Adelaide. ....mm
Wrong again, m Paul Bassett won in 2003

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.