Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

A star has passed.

A star has passed.

Old Jun 6th 2003, 5:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

jockney is an unknown quantity at this point
Default A star has passed.

Hi,Our dog Muppie who was all jabbed up and chipped for the trip to oz has died.We were looking forward to taking him walks on the beach etc but after 24 months waiting for our visa he ran out of time.When you look at this picture you cant help smiling even if you did`nt know him.He was to dogs ,what Joe Strummer was for music .SUPER COOL
Attached Thumbnails A star has passed.-muppie2.jpg  
Old Jun 6th 2003, 5:29 pm
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute

awwwwwwwww bless.....
Old Jun 6th 2003, 5:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

r.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant future

that's sad , but probably the stress may have got to him anyway and the flight may have got him

opening up the crate at the other end wouldn't have got the new life off to a particulary nice start..so maybe it's for the best..

i wonder did muppie have a heart attack too?

cheers

richard
Old Jun 6th 2003, 7:35 pm
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough

I remember sitting in your garden, he wouldn't leave me alone. He liked being made a fuss of, didn't he.

It's sad news, mate. Sorry.
Old Jun 6th 2003, 8:25 pm
visa'd member oh yeah!

CROSSY is an unknown quantity at this point

Definately one cool looking dog, sorry to hear he's gone
Old Jun 6th 2003, 9:08 pm
Forum Regular

The Clarkes is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: A star has passed.

Talk about bring a lump to your throat! Really feel for you mate, we've got 2 hounds that are coming along to Perth, couldnt imagine them not coming with us.
All the best,

The Clarkes
Old Jun 6th 2003, 9:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

terryg is an unknown quantity at this point

Bless his cotton sox

Old Jun 6th 2003, 9:40 pm
Forum Regular

Jamesy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by jockney
Hi,Our dog Muppie who was all jabbed up and chipped for the trip to oz has died.We were looking forward to taking him walks on the beach etc but after 24 months waiting for our visa he ran out of time.When you look at this picture you cant help smiling even if you did`nt know him.He was to dogs ,what Joe Strummer was for music .SUPER COOL
Brought tears to my eyes. Looks like he had a great life though. Joe Strummer, what a star too! The Clash were the best all time, enjoy your new life

Nicki
Old Jun 6th 2003, 9:45 pm
Forum Regular

philj6969 is an unknown quantity at this point

What a great looking dog. I am sorry your family member will not be there with you. I have two cats that are older family members than my three children, they all have equal rank as family, and I would not go without them. Sincere commiserations to you.

Phil.
Old Jun 7th 2003, 10:01 am
Forum Regular

adelaidegirl is an unknown quantity at this point

So sorry, he looked like a smashing little bloke. adelaidegirl
Old Jun 7th 2003, 10:09 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

What a fantastic looking dog. Sorry to hear your news, but at least he died without having to go through the journey and quarenteen etc.
You never know you might want to get a replacement when you get out there.

Best wishes
Tina
Old Jun 7th 2003, 11:09 am
Forum Regular

poggle is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Jockney!

Ive just burst into tears seeing your post, brought back memories of when my dog went to that 'kennel in the sky'! i still think of him all the time even though he died 5 years ago suddenly, aged 10. He was one in a million, as im sure Muppie was to you!

My heart goes out to you and your family .
A star passing indeed!! I contacted universal star listing and 'named' a star after my dog, oliver! and chose a star in the constellation of 'Canis Major' a fitting tribute to a wonderful dog!

Im so sorry to hear of your loss, but maybe it was for the best as the journey and quarantine may have been a bit too much for muppie and may have made your start to a new life a sad event.

There will never be a 'replacement' Muppie, but you may find you will have a great life here and hopefully get another dog to enjoy life with!

Good luck and all the best for the future!

Cheers!
Attached Thumbnails A star has passed.-xmas-pup.jpg  
Old Jun 7th 2003, 11:55 am
BE Forum Addict

jopaulss will become famous soon enoughjopaulss will become famous soon enough

Aw bless , my daughter and i are both sat here with a lump in our throat how sad , we are sorry
Joanne and Shawnie xxx
Old Jun 7th 2003, 1:05 pm
Forum Regular

pudnut is an unknown quantity at this point

So sorry to hear your sad news Jockney, I know how you feel, I lost my old dog last year after having her for 14 years.

I'm sure he will live on larger than life in your memories though.

All the best

Pudnut..
Old Jun 8th 2003, 11:14 am
BE Enthusiast

jockney is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,Thanks all for your kind replies.Although we are sad a sense of relief is also there because we did not know how bad he would get.We just made sure he did not suffer and will be able to remember him as he was.Although none of us admitted it we`ve both known deep down for a while that he would`nt make the flight.On the positive adelaide is looking good for september.thanks again dog lovers. jockney

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.