British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   St Stephens, Carramar (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/st-stephens-carramar-538703/)

worzel May 25th 2008 2:52 am

St Stephens, Carramar

Did anybody's kids get in?

0 from 3 for the people we know. You had to register by 2004 for 2010 intake for girls (2005 for boys for some reason) unless you are a happy-clapper! We weren't even in the country then.

northernbird May 25th 2008 3:21 am

Re: St Stephens, Carramar

Originally Posted by worzel (Post 6390490)

0 from 3 for the people we know. You had to register by 2004 for 2010 intake for girls (2005 for boys for some reason) unless you are a happy-clapper! We weren't even in the country then.

St Stephens in Duncraig wouldn't even let me put Lauren down on the waiting list for Year 8 and she is only in pre primary. Scary scary. If I have to rent out our house and go and rent in catchment for a good high school is something we are considering.

worzel May 25th 2008 10:39 am

Originally Posted by northernbird (Post 6390545)
St Stephens in Duncraig wouldn't even let me put Lauren down on the waiting list for Year 8 and she is only in pre primary. Scary scary. If I have to rent out our house and go and rent in catchment for a good high school is something we are considering.

We just need one volunteer to move next to Woodvale SHS then we can all claim to be Mormons living as one family;)

breezeboylan May 25th 2008 11:17 am

We put our daughters name down in March 2007 for the Feb 2008 intake and she was accepted although we did not accept in the end. We have friends who came over in Jan this year and both their girls got in straight away and another friends daughter started in another high school this year but did not settle so went to St Stephens from the start of term 2 with no problem. I keep hearing about the long waiting list but dont see evidence of it:confused:
Bet your daughter gets in nearer to the time;)
Quite a few of my daughters friends from Carramar all had places from early in the year but when the time came they didn't take them. The receptionist at the school told me that this was quite common. They are never sure of numbers till they ask for the deposits in the Oct prior to the start of year.
Tracie

worzel May 25th 2008 11:59 am

Originally Posted by breezeboylan (Post 6391547)
We put our daughters name down in March 2007 for the Feb 2008 intake and she was accepted although we did not accept in the end. We have friends who came over in Jan this year and both their girls got in straight away and another friends daughter started in another high school this year but did not settle so went to St Stephens from the start of term 2 with no problem. I keep hearing about the long waiting list but dont see evidence of it:confused:
Bet your daughter gets in nearer to the time;)
Quite a few of my daughters friends from Carramar all had places from early in the year but when the time came they didn't take them. The receptionist at the school told me that this was quite common. They are never sure of numbers till they ask for the deposits in the Oct prior to the start of year.
Tracie

Do I assume your friends had the valuable letter from a vicar? 2/3rds of places are held for churchgoers.

NKSK version 2 May 25th 2008 12:24 pm

I don't think that you're necessarily missing that much.

breezeboylan May 25th 2008 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by worzel (Post 6391689)
Do I assume your friends had the valuable letter from a vicar? 2/3rds of places are held for churchgoers.

TBH I did have a letter from my cousin the priest;) But the others didn't.
Tracie