Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

St Stephens, Carramar

St Stephens, Carramar

Old May 25th 2008, 2:52 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute
Default St Stephens, Carramar

Did anybody's kids get in?

0 from 3 for the people we know. You had to register by 2004 for 2010 intake for girls (2005 for boys for some reason) unless you are a happy-clapper! We weren't even in the country then.
Old May 25th 2008, 3:21 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: St Stephens, Carramar

Originally Posted by worzel

0 from 3 for the people we know. You had to register by 2004 for 2010 intake for girls (2005 for boys for some reason) unless you are a happy-clapper! We weren't even in the country then.
St Stephens in Duncraig wouldn't even let me put Lauren down on the waiting list for Year 8 and she is only in pre primary. Scary scary. If I have to rent out our house and go and rent in catchment for a good high school is something we are considering.
Old May 25th 2008, 10:39 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
St Stephens in Duncraig wouldn't even let me put Lauren down on the waiting list for Year 8 and she is only in pre primary. Scary scary. If I have to rent out our house and go and rent in catchment for a good high school is something we are considering.
We just need one volunteer to move next to Woodvale SHS then we can all claim to be Mormons living as one family
Old May 25th 2008, 11:17 am
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold

We put our daughters name down in March 2007 for the Feb 2008 intake and she was accepted although we did not accept in the end. We have friends who came over in Jan this year and both their girls got in straight away and another friends daughter started in another high school this year but did not settle so went to St Stephens from the start of term 2 with no problem. I keep hearing about the long waiting list but dont see evidence of it
Bet your daughter gets in nearer to the time
Quite a few of my daughters friends from Carramar all had places from early in the year but when the time came they didn't take them. The receptionist at the school told me that this was quite common. They are never sure of numbers till they ask for the deposits in the Oct prior to the start of year.
Tracie
Old May 25th 2008, 11:59 am
A former regular of BE

Originally Posted by breezeboylan
We put our daughters name down in March 2007 for the Feb 2008 intake and she was accepted although we did not accept in the end. We have friends who came over in Jan this year and both their girls got in straight away and another friends daughter started in another high school this year but did not settle so went to St Stephens from the start of term 2 with no problem. I keep hearing about the long waiting list but dont see evidence of it
Bet your daughter gets in nearer to the time
Quite a few of my daughters friends from Carramar all had places from early in the year but when the time came they didn't take them. The receptionist at the school told me that this was quite common. They are never sure of numbers till they ask for the deposits in the Oct prior to the start of year.
Tracie
Do I assume your friends had the valuable letter from a vicar? 2/3rds of places are held for churchgoers.
Old May 25th 2008, 12:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think that you're necessarily missing that much.
Old May 25th 2008, 2:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold

Do I assume your friends had the valuable letter from a vicar? 2/3rds of places are held for churchgoers.
TBH I did have a letter from my cousin the priest But the others didn't.
Tracie