Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sri Lanka - Ceylon, you Aussie losers!

Sri Lanka - Ceylon, you Aussie losers!

Old Feb 25th 2004, 5:33 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sri Lanka - Ceylon, you Aussie losers!

Heh heh!
Old Feb 25th 2004, 5:36 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sri Lanka - Ceylon, you Aussie losers!

Originally posted by pleasancefamily
Heh heh!
Spoken like an Aussie. Are you referring to the cricket?
Old Feb 25th 2004, 5:42 am
Don
Banned

A bit late with the news here...what a way to lose, to a rubbish team too.

And that's no dambulla
Old Feb 25th 2004, 6:01 am

This one is interesting

Innings
South Africa
259 for 7 (50.0 overs)
New Zealand
230 for 3 (44.0 overs) In Progress
Old Feb 25th 2004, 6:42 am

Innings
South Africa
259 for 7 (50.0 overs)
New Zealand
264 for 4 (49.0 overs)
Old Feb 25th 2004, 6:52 am
Ping Pong Wannabe

banjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud of

south african cricket is headed the same way as south african rugby. No news there.
Old Feb 25th 2004, 6:53 am

Originally posted by banjo
south african cricket is headed the same way as south african rugby. No news there.
Are they sending the cricketers to naked boot camps as well?
Old Feb 25th 2004, 8:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

A bit late with the news here...what a way to lose, to a rubbish team too.

And that's no dambulla
You mean a team which has won the World Cup, beaten Australia in the last test series in SL and beaten England recently is a rubbish team? What does that make England - no World Cups, no Ashes since 1987 etc?

OzTennis
Old Feb 26th 2004, 1:06 am
Ping Pong Wannabe

banjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud of

Originally posted by bondipom
Are they sending the cricketers to naked boot camps as well?

yeah...but it's ok. The cricketers enjoy it.
Old Feb 26th 2004, 1:18 am

Australia canter to victory

Third one-day international, Colombo
Australia 227-5 (48.3 overs) beat Sri Lanka 226-8 (50 overs) by five wickets
Old Feb 26th 2004, 11:31 am
Forum Regular

jezdavies is an unknown quantity at this point

Is this post serious? Aren't Australia 2-1 up? If this is an England supporter he/she should stick to giving Aussies a hard time about rugby. English cricket is a joke and the fact they celebrate a test draw against Sri Lanka as if they had won the world cup shows what a negative mentality the English players have.

England were completely embarrassed by the Sri Lankans in the tests and it should have been 3-0. They haven't beaten Australia in a test series in 17 years and haven't one any of their last 14 one day encounters.

Like I said, stick to banter about rugby - even though the Australian team is quite as strong as they were, England is never going to come close.
Old Feb 26th 2004, 11:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by jezdavies
Is this post serious? Aren't Australia 2-1 up? If this is an England supporter he/she should stick to giving Aussies a hard time about rugby. English cricket is a joke and the fact they celebrate a test draw against Sri Lanka as if they had won the world cup shows what a negative mentality the English players have.

England were completely embarrassed by the Sri Lankans in the tests and it should have been 3-0. They haven't beaten Australia in a test series in 17 years and haven't one any of their last 14 one day encounters.

Like I said, stick to banter about rugby - even though the Australian team is quite as strong as they were, England is never going to come close.
Even the rugby can be rocky ground - don't Australia lead England 2-1 on RWC's?

BTW I was in Carlisle city centre on Saturday and what should roll up but a big lorry bearing the Webb Ellis trophy. It was good to see all the young kids looking at the trophy and getting information on how to join a club, having their photo taken with it etc.

OzTennis
Old Feb 26th 2004, 12:04 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by banjo
SA cricket is fine (unlike the Rugby), so we have lost a few games in NZ. It happens. Let's see what happens in the tests.
Old Feb 26th 2004, 12:36 pm
Don
Banned

English cricket? Who gives a gnat's?

I guess we are 'waiting'. Might take a while.

A bit like the Welsh will have to keep on waiting with the rubgy: useless or what? at the weekend.

20 years and counting, so far, Ceri I guess you were only about 25 when Wales last were good.

Old Feb 26th 2004, 1:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

English cricket? Who gives a gnat's?

I guess we are 'waiting'. Might take a while.

A bit like the Welsh will have to keep on waiting with the rubgy: useless or what? at the weekend.

20 years and counting, so far, Ceri I guess you were only about 25 when Wales last were good.
Ah, I see your game. Start up a thread to point out a rare Aussie loss at one day cricket on the last ball or something (since rectified twice); make out the opposition are a poor team (which they aren't) and then when you get the obvious comeback about what does that make England you respond by who 'gives a gnat's' about English cricket!! Well I dare say you did give a gnat's prior to 1987 and you would do now if they were successful.

So then you move on to rugby and baiting the Welsh (and probably the Scots next). I could say who gives a gnat's about English rugby but I'm sure you do, justifiably, because it is one of the few things at which success has been achieved recently.

I guess you'll move on to telling children there's no such thing as Father Christmas next? But I've got it sussed now - pleasance family, it's the children who are posting, right?

OzTennis

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.