Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

springfield brisbane

springfield brisbane

Old Aug 4th 2007, 1:56 pm
Just Joined

reikiforme is an unknown quantity at this point
Default springfield brisbane

does anyone know what springfield in brisbane is like a good or bad place to bring up kids
Old Aug 4th 2007, 7:45 pm
Account Closed

p l d k is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: springfield brisbane

Everywhere in Brisbane is a good place for Kids Its the adults that have the problems settling , Springfield is undergoing a lot of development and is tipped to have its own CBD. House prices are obviously cheaper there.

Always a good Idea to look at as many areas as possible and I really would rent in an area before buying. I have heard of a lot of people who buy withing the first few weeks of arriving, risky
Old Aug 4th 2007, 10:16 pm

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by p l d k
Everywhere in Brisbane is a good place for Kids <snip>
Not true.
Old Aug 14th 2007, 2:22 pm
Forum Regular

BrisbaneBound2008 will become famous soon enough

Hiya,

We're moving to Camira/Springfield Lakes area next may.

My Auntie and 6 cousins live in Camira - the kids go to a great school in Augustine Heights I think.. Some areas around it are really nice, there's a Greg Norman golf course in Brookwater (I think), however Springfield/Camira good, not as far out as Ipswich.

We have looked specifically at moving to Springfield Lakes are as like the other post says is undergoing HUGE development, loads of new houses (not like in the UK - think massive detatched houses, all different facades - certainly not lile the lego-villages here! Also fantastic lakes etc.) Visited this May and fell in love with the place. Considering we live in a one bed annexe in UK and will go out and afford a 3bed mansion! We'll get lost in it!

They're building the biggest shopping Mall in southern hemisphere, the Orion centre, pretty good already, and they plan on having train lines etc there too soon.

Another area just starting to develop is Redbank Plains, not far from Springfield - again, lots of land released and trainlines planned.

Hope that helps a bit, not specific about schools but you can check them out in the area on http://www.ourbrisbane.com/

Are you planning a reccie trip at all? Have you vistited before?
Old Aug 15th 2007, 11:30 am
Just Joined

reikiforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for your reply and information no plans of a trip, a jump straight in
Old Aug 15th 2007, 3:47 pm
Forum Regular

owen709646 is just really niceowen709646 is just really niceowen709646 is just really niceowen709646 is just really niceowen709646 is just really niceowen709646 is just really niceowen709646 is just really niceowen709646 is just really niceowen709646 is just really niceowen709646 is just really niceowen709646 is just really nice

Me and my wife were at Springfield lakes in August last year, we thought it was fantastic. It has two schools already and there is a medical city to be built there starting soon.
You are on the intersection of the two main highways, south of Brisbane. The one thing it lacks is its own Rail link but i am lead to beleave that one should be completed by 2010.
Its where me and Carol will be heading when we have sold the house.
Best of luck.
Old Aug 16th 2007, 12:19 am
loz
this is home!!

loz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond repute

We've been here in Springfield Lakes since October last year and absolutely love it. The place is changing before our eyes but still manages to retain a 'community' feel about it.
There is plenty for everybody to do and as it develops more and more leisure facilities and groups are springing up.
As far as housing goes there are some gorgeous ones but the prices are steadily going up as it becomes more popular and the plots are not overly large however 10 minutes down the road at Camira you get a lot more for your money and can still get a 3/4 bed house on about 1/2 acre of land for under $350,000.
Good luck with your move

Loz x
Old Aug 16th 2007, 12:36 am
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

Depends on the age of the kid as well, I might get bored to tears in the burbs when older.

Originally Posted by Vim Fuego
Not true.
Old Aug 16th 2007, 12:37 am

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

How did you find the summer out that way, hear it get get hot out west.
Saying that though the last two summers have been really mild.

Originally Posted by loz
We've been here in Springfield Lakes since October last year and absolutely love it.
Old Aug 16th 2007, 3:38 am
Senior Stella Member

Plug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nice

Sorry, bored at work........
Attached Thumbnails springfield brisbane-springfiled.jpg  

Last edited by Plug; Aug 16th 2007 at 3:41 am.
Old Aug 16th 2007, 5:43 am

The block is too large
Originally Posted by Plug
Sorry, bored at work........
Old Aug 16th 2007, 12:36 pm
Forum Regular

BrisbaneBound2008 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by loz
We've been here in Springfield Lakes since October last year and absolutely love it. The place is changing before our eyes but still manages to retain a 'community' feel about it.
There is plenty for everybody to do and as it develops more and more leisure facilities and groups are springing up.
As far as housing goes there are some gorgeous ones but the prices are steadily going up as it becomes more popular and the plots are not overly large however 10 minutes down the road at Camira you get a lot more for your money and can still get a 3/4 bed house on about 1/2 acre of land for under $350,000.
Good luck with your move

Loz x
Hi Loz,
Nice to hear from someone actually there! Out of interest, did you build, buy new or buy an established house there? We're moving there next May but as I think I mentioned in previous post we are thinking for buying in Camira for more space, less money. But I love the lakes area! We were told by Delfin they will be building for next 10-15yrs so if prices go up we could sell and build our dream home - some of the ones in the display village are amazing!
Cat