Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Spring has sprung!

Spring has sprung!

Old Feb 25th 2004, 11:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Spring has sprung!

Just wanted to let you Southern Hemispherers know that spring is here at last. (Well, it seems to be in Pompey - not sure about the rest of the country!) I remember all the drizzly/grey posts in October/ November and how glad some of the leavers were about getting away from it all.
However, the evenings and mornings are getting lighter, the first daffs are out, we've got bluetits in the nest box and everything seems so much more bearable. You can go out the house without a big thick coat on, but only if you're gonna be quick!
It'll probably all turn cold later in the week, but hey, I'm looking forward to the summer already! I will miss this feeling in Aus, but not the freezing cold winters!
Must take lots of photos...
Old Feb 25th 2004, 12:02 pm
WBB

Default Re: Spring has sprung!

Originally posted by Larissa
Just wanted to let you Southern Hemispherers know that spring is here at last. (Well, it seems to be in Pompey - not sure about the rest of the country!) I remember all the drizzly/grey posts in October/ November and how glad some of the leavers were about getting away from it all.
However, the evenings and mornings are getting lighter, the first daffs are out, we've got bluetits in the nest box and everything seems so much more bearable. You can go out the house without a big thick coat on, but only if you're gonna be quick!
It'll probably all turn cold later in the week, but hey, I'm looking forward to the summer already! I will miss this feeling in Aus, but not the freezing cold winters!
Must take lots of photos...
same here in south wales, we went out yesterday without our thick winter coats!!!!!!!! we dared to run from the front door to the car in our spring type jackets.

blue sky today and a fresh (not bitterly freezing) breeze, i can even hear a neighbour's lawn mower going at this very moment....oh that reminds me, i better cut our grass.

Old Feb 25th 2004, 12:07 pm
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

I would agree with you there Larissa....it's certainly a luverly day here in Pompey....the sun is shining, but if I stay outside too long, my fingers match the lovely blue sky...
Old Feb 25th 2004, 4:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

Clear blue skies in Cheshire today, crocuses out, blackbirds on the lawn. 2 degrees and had a tiny flurry of snow ...can see snow on the hills over Macclesfield way. Hubby cycling to work every day and enjoying the cool air instead of trying to cycle in 30+ degrees (although he didn't feel this way when he slid off in minus 4 the other week!!)
Old Feb 25th 2004, 5:14 pm
What's he asking?

Fuzzyness is an unknown quantity at this point

best thing i find about this time of year is finishing work and getting in the car and it still being light. not long now till the clocks go forward.
Old Feb 25th 2004, 6:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road

bright blue skies and daffs out in Poole, but tonight it's supposed drop -4!! so spring may have sprung but i think its going again!
roll on the summer eh?!
kind regards
rach
Old Feb 25th 2004, 6:28 pm
Forum Regular

jwinch has a spectacular aura aboutjwinch has a spectacular aura aboutjwinch has a spectacular aura about

Well it's bloody freezing here, we have even had the odd snow/sleet flurry !!!
Old Feb 25th 2004, 6:43 pm
Go Banana's !!

Default Spring....

Sorry to p**s on the bonfire but yes we have the daffs coming through bit at -4C this morning and blizzards driving home last night I think we will have to wait a while longer up here in the frozen North !!

Warren
Perth 2004.....

Old Feb 25th 2004, 7:48 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Beautiful day here in the Derbyshire hills.
Snow on the ground,blue sky and sunshine all day.

A bit cold but I own a coat or two.
I will really miss days like this

G
Old Feb 25th 2004, 8:53 pm
WBB

we have just had a couple of inches of snow.....so much for spring.

Old Feb 25th 2004, 10:01 pm
I like kittens.

downunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by Larissa
we've got bluetits
Still chilly, then?
Old Feb 25th 2004, 10:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by downunderpom
Still chilly, then?

Old Feb 25th 2004, 10:55 pm
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

Can't seem to get anything to stay alive in my garden. Have to plant thick green grass looking plants that like to be burnt in full 40c sun!! Stop watering it for a minute and it all dies. We haven't had a proper rainfall for over 4 months now, nothing that would be beneficial to the growth of plants and nice garden flowers.

Old Feb 26th 2004, 12:05 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

I put my seedlings out so they could get a few rays of sunshine.
I forgot to take them in and when I got home they had totally shrivelled up and died. I burst into tears.....
Old Feb 26th 2004, 12:21 am
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

Originally posted by DianeOZ
I put my seedlings out so they could get a few rays of sunshine.
I forgot to take them in and when I got home they had totally shrivelled up and died. I burst into tears.....

Oh I'am laughing !!

Sorry Diane but it sounded so funny!!!

Poor seedlings

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.