Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Spouse visa....Medical?

Spouse visa....Medical?

Old Jul 6th 2006, 9:22 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Spouse visa....Medical?

When applying for a spouse visa, do you or your children have to have medicals and police checks?
Old Jul 6th 2006, 9:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

matt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse visa....Medical?

Originally Posted by shiels
When applying for a spouse visa, do you or your children have to have medicals and police checks?
Don't know about children, but if you are the spouse of the Australian, yes. It'd be quicker if you got them done with the rest of your application aswell. I can't rememeber the name of the police check form, but I'm sure someone on here will know.
Old Jul 6th 2006, 9:34 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by matt-and-jenny
Don't know about children, but if you are the spouse of the Australian, yes. It'd be quicker if you got them done with the rest of your application aswell. I can't rememeber the name of the police check form, but I'm sure someone on here will know.
Thanks for that, I will wait til OH gets the citizenship first as its going quicker than we thought as it is!!!! Scary!! :scared:
Old Jul 6th 2006, 11:10 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that, I will wait til OH gets the citizenship first as its going quicker than we thought as it is!!!! Scary!! :scared:
If the children are Australian citizens then they won't need medicals. Otherwise, yes, they will.
You definitely will.
Old Jul 7th 2006, 3:55 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

Originally Posted by Pollyana
If the children are Australian citizens then they won't need medicals. Otherwise, yes, they will.
You definitely will.
Thanks for the advice........We are all British born.....so medicals it is then!!!!!
Old Jul 7th 2006, 4:50 pm
Good news everyone...

davidclifford is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the advice........We are all British born.....so medicals it is then!!!!!
We are all British born but my wife became an Australian citizen before we met. Both our kids are Australian by decent, we had to register them first and then get Oz passports for them. I had to have a medical and get a police check for my PR visa.
Old Jul 7th 2006, 5:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Poppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond repute

Medicals and police checks if they are over 16
Old Jul 7th 2006, 7:11 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

Originally Posted by davidclifford
We are all British born but my wife became an Australian citizen before we met. Both our kids are Australian by decent, we had to register them first and then get Oz passports for them. I had to have a medical and get a police check for my PR visa.
OH is applying for citizenship at the moment, as his mom was an Australian, even though she lived here from the age of 18. Does that mean our kids will be able to be Australian by descent too? I thought we would have to live in OZ for the 2/3 years before they ould apply for citizenship.......
Old Jul 7th 2006, 7:13 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

Originally Posted by Poppett44
Medicals and police checks if they are over 16
Thanks for that they are both are under 16.......
Old Jul 8th 2006, 3:59 am
Good news everyone...

OH is applying for citizenship at the moment, as his mom was an Australian, even though she lived here from the age of 18. Does that mean our kids will be able to be Australian by descent too? I thought we would have to live in OZ for the 2/3 years before they ould apply for citizenship.......
As far as I know (you may want to check with DIMIA first) children born to Australian citizens by decent are NOT eligible for citizenship if their parent has never lived in OZ, sorry.
Old Jul 8th 2006, 6:18 am
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

As far as I know (you may want to check with DIMIA first) children born to Australian citizens by decent are NOT eligible for citizenship if their parent has never lived in OZ, sorry.
Yeh think that is correct, but we intend to live in OZ so they will get the citizenship after the 2/3 years won't they? C x
Old Jul 8th 2006, 1:47 pm
Good news everyone...

Yeh think that is correct, but we intend to live in OZ so they will get the citizenship after the 2/3 years won't they? C x
They won't get automatic citizenship like our kids did but they can apply for citizenship once they have lived in Oz for 2-3 years.
Old Jul 8th 2006, 4:38 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

They won't get automatic citizenship like our kids did but they can apply for citizenship once they have lived in Oz for 2-3 years.
Thats what I thought, thanks for that........C x
Old Jul 9th 2006, 10:17 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

In fact, children under 16 resident in Australia as PRs, with an Australian parent, can be granted Australian citizenship without needing a specific residence requirement.
Old Jul 10th 2006, 7:14 am
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

Originally Posted by JAJ
In fact, children under 16 resident in Australia as PRs, with an Australian parent, can be granted Australian citizenship without needing a specific residence requirement.
Even better!!! Thank you. C x