Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

spouse visa crowd

View Poll Results: how long did you guys wait??????
less than 1 week
20.00%
2 weeks
10.00%
3 weeks
20.00%
4 weeks
20.00%
more than a month
10.00%
we waited 2 years for our skilled visa, you spouse types have it easy
20.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

spouse visa crowd

Old Jan 26th 2004, 11:45 am
WBB

Default spouse visa crowd

the mrs is getting a little discomposed at the length of time it is taking to get anything back from AHC london.

in a futile attempt to assuage her concerns i want to know how long other spouse visa types (front loaded) waited to get the envelope through the letterbox.

i have had a sniff around the timeline site but just wanted to know how long you guys were neglected by DIMIA.

Old Jan 26th 2004, 11:55 am
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

Tell her not to panic Billy... we are living in Adelaide and it took them 5 weeks to acknowledge receipt!!!
Old Jan 26th 2004, 12:06 pm
Back in Brisbane!

fimart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: spouse visa crowd

We didn't front end load or whatever that is but it took us 2 weeks from sending everything after we were asked for more info etc. We were surprised becasue it came before Christmas. I definitely thought we would have gone into the pending basket until after Christmas parties etc but they processed it and we got it 16th December. We were expecting it to take a lot longer as friends and family who had been through process had waited months and months. I think we just got a very efficient case officer. Also it wasn't a yellow envelope as the legend goes. We were waiting desperately to see a yellow envelope and when a white one arrived we panicked and assumed that meant we hadn't got it. It is a horrible feeeling waiting isn't it?! you get paranoid about everything!

Good luck! It will happen soon!

Originally posted by welshboybilly
the mrs is getting a little discomposed at the length of time it is taking to get anything back from AHC london.

in a futile attempt to assuage her concerns i want to know how long other spouse visa types (front loaded) waited to get the envelope through the letterbox.

i have had a sniff around the timeline site but just wanted to know how long you guys were neglected by DIMIA.
Old Jan 26th 2004, 12:08 pm
Forum Regular

rich and debbie is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
We put ours in on 30th June 2003 and received our visas on 16th August. We didn't frontload them but got our police checks done and booked our medicals, received the instruction to have the medicals the day we were going!!
Ithink ours would have been quicker but when they called for our passports my son was on holiday in Spain so we couldnt send them till his return. Posted them on 14th August nearly passed out when Visas arrived on Sat 16th august!!
Debbie
Old Jan 26th 2004, 12:09 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I've voted for less than a week, but that was in the days when you could get an appointment and get the visa over the counter at Oz House. Took me 40 minutes! Sorry WBB, I hope yours comes through soooooon!
Old Jan 26th 2004, 12:40 pm
Forum Regular

Sammy G is an unknown quantity at this point

I hope you get some more votes I too have been checking out timeline but it seems a lot more people have applied in this category than actually log their details on the site.

I know I didn't send our application in till after you but I am on a tight time scale, currently pregnant and having the baby in OZ- I will be flying to Oz from london on the 15th Feb (can't wait much longer or they may not let me fly) and desperate for my other half to be able to come with me! We knew he might have to follow me afterwards so this was our only option I am just praying it gets here sooner rather than later.......

FINGERS CROSSED
Old Jan 26th 2004, 12:44 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Still waiting to apply!!!
Old Jan 26th 2004, 1:37 pm
WBB

Originally posted by Sammy G
I hope you get some more votes I too have been checking out timeline but it seems a lot more people have applied in this category than actually log their details on the site.

I know I didn't send our application in till after you but I am on a tight time scale, currently pregnant and having the baby in OZ- I will be flying to Oz from london on the 15th Feb (can't wait much longer or they may not let me fly) and desperate for my other half to be able to come with me! We knew he might have to follow me afterwards so this was our only option I am just praying it gets here sooner rather than later.......

FINGERS CROSSED
it would be nice if more people used the timeline site and updated their details when a milestone is reached.

i notice bundy is now over there.

Old Jan 26th 2004, 1:39 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by WBB
it would be nice if more people used the timeline site and updated their details when a milestone is reached.

i notice bundy is now over there.

Been there for a while WBB, although there's not much on it as I haven't applied yet. The only thing that annoys me is that you have to put in the date you applied, even if you are front-end loading and haven't therefore applied...minor point.

But it's a good reference point!
Old Jan 26th 2004, 1:42 pm
WBB

Originally posted by bundy
Been there for a while WBB, although there's not much on it as I haven't applied yet. The only thing that annoys me is that you have to put in the date you applied, even if you are front-end loading and haven't therefore applied...minor point.

But it's a good reference point!
yeah, i know what you mean, i had the same problem.
you can change it once you apply.

Old Jan 26th 2004, 1:45 pm
She's a bird, you know

Originally posted by WBB
yeah, i know what you mean, i had the same problem.
you can change it once you apply.
Whenever that is....
Old Jan 26th 2004, 1:45 pm
WBB

Originally posted by bundy
Whenever that is....

you are handing your notice in at work soon, are you not?

Old Jan 26th 2004, 1:49 pm
She's a bird, you know

Originally posted by WBB
Nearly did it today. Having a bad day to say the least. Evil boss made me cry (not like me at all). Trying to decide between handing in notice at end of Feb or mid-March to leave either end of May (more like beginning, with leave) or mid-June (again, end of May with leave). Three month's notice - it's a pain in the bum. Don't want to be employed here in June, the month from hell, but don't want to be without this job for too long (bills to pay) before going to Oz in July/Aug. In a dilemma.
She's a bird, you know

Originally posted by WBB
Nearly did it today. Having a bad day to say the least. Evil boss made me cry (not like me at all). Trying to decide between handing in notice at end of Feb or mid-March to leave either end of May (more like beginning, with leave) or mid-June (again, end of May with leave). Three month's notice - it's a pain in the bum. Don't want to be employed here in June, the month from hell, but don't want to be without this job for too long (bills to pay) before going to Oz in July/Aug. In a dilemma.
She's a bird, you know

Originally posted by WBB

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.