Reload this Page >

Spouse 457 Visa and my restrictions

Spouse 457 Visa and my restrictions

Old Jul 26th 2011, 10:15 am
Just Joined

Justinc21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spouse 457 Visa and my restrictions

Hi there,

My fiance and me have 457 visas. She is working for the company that organised the visas for us. My question however is, can I start a business in Australia on my 457 visa. I run a web business in the UK and there is a gap in the Australian market for this, so want to set it up there.
We will be applying for PR shortly and my fiance's company is happy to assist with this.
I just need to know if a 457 visa for me has any restrictions on starting a business?
Thanks
Old Jul 26th 2011, 2:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

steen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Spouse 457 Visa and my restrictions

Yes as long as there are no restrictions placed on your visa - which there shouldn't be. Never heard of that kind of restriction and ours doesn't have it. You would apply for an ABN then just work as self employed. Jobs a goodun.
Old Jul 26th 2011, 2:51 pm
Just Joined

Justinc21 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Steen. The next question I guess is whether I the Oz banks have any sort of restriction on someone with a 457 opening a bank account.
Old Jul 26th 2011, 10:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

lonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Justinc21
Thanks Steen. The next question I guess is whether I the Oz banks have any sort of restriction on someone with a 457 opening a bank account.
If you've got money to give them they'll take it.

Cheers

LG
Old Jul 27th 2011, 3:51 am
BE Enthusiast

steen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by lonndongeek
If you've got money to give them they'll take it.

Cheers

LG
Exactly. They'll all want your business. They can also be set up online from the UK, money transferred to them and then activated when you arrive and show ID etc. We're with ANZ - all good so far. However, we have moved to Coogee and they are the only major bank without an ATM here so it costs us $2 each time we withdraw if we are caught short. So that may be a consideration if you know where you want to move to.

Anyway we got an iPhone4 on contract from Optus after 2 weeks - proof of bank account showed one small deposit in and no withdrawals and certainly no pay packets going in. They didn't even ask for proof of job offer and just took our word for it what we would be earning when we did start working. So opening a bank account should be a doddle.
Old Aug 9th 2011, 5:19 am
Just Joined

Joseph Chan is an unknown quantity at this point

There is a no restriction for spouse of 457 visa holders.

Kind Regards

Joseph Chan

Last edited by moneypenny20; Aug 9th 2011 at 8:21 am. Reason: Please don't put your email addy in a post. Use your signature instead.