spouse 2nd stage

Wikiposts

spouse 2nd stage

Old Apr 18th 2005, 9:16 am
Sydneysider and lovin it!

Dinky is on a distinguished road
Default Re: spouse 2nd stage

Just to finish this off..

I front loaded my application in London at Australia House on the 21st March 2003. The 309 visa was granted within 45 minutes (all thta bloody work and effort for 45mins......).
In January 2005 DIMIA contacted me and said that it was almost 2 years from my 309 and I needed to completed more forms. Duly completed and returned to DIMIA on 7th March 2005. Permanent Visa confirmation arrived yesterday! DIMIA kindly returned all my none photocopied evidence (harder to get a JP this time so just sent originals).

Whoopeee! That's me in and I'm staying!
Old Apr 18th 2005, 2:01 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dinky
Just to finish this off..

I front loaded my application in London at Australia House on the 21st March 2003. The 309 visa was granted within 45 minutes (all thta bloody work and effort for 45mins......).
In January 2005 DIMIA contacted me and said that it was almost 2 years from my 309 and I needed to completed more forms. Duly completed and returned to DIMIA on 7th March 2005. Permanent Visa confirmation arrived yesterday! DIMIA kindly returned all my none photocopied evidence (harder to get a JP this time so just sent originals).

Whoopeee! That's me in and I'm staying!
Congratulations. But it's not quite finished until you get citizenship.

You'll be able to apply after 2 years. But keep an eye out for DIMIA bringing in a concession for spouses to allow up to 12 months on a temporary visa as allowable for citizenship. The legislation may be in place by the end of 2005 or mid 2006 (nothing has been tabled yet).

Jeremy
Old Apr 18th 2005, 2:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Un-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JAJ

You'll be able to apply after 2 years. But keep an eye out for DIMIA bringing in a concession for spouses to allow up to 12 months on a temporary visa as allowable for citizenship. The legislation may be in place by the end of 2005 or mid 2006 (nothing has been tabled yet).

Jeremy
Hi Jeremy,

Can I just claryfy this. I'm nearing the same stage (ish...my application went in December 2003) I haven't really been looking past the PR stage as that's huge enough to deal with. Is what you're saying that presently I'll be eligible for citizenship 2 years after that but that an amendment may be passed later in the year to reduce it to 12 months??
Old Apr 18th 2005, 2:29 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Un-Co
Hi Jeremy,

Can I just claryfy this. I'm nearing the same stage (ish...my application went in December 2003) I haven't really been looking past the PR stage as that's huge enough to deal with. Is what you're saying that presently I'll be eligible for citizenship 2 years after that but that an amendment may be passed later in the year to reduce it to 12 months??

Possibly, for those who have already been some time in Australia on temporary visas. But wait and see - plan for 2 years from PR and anything less will be a bonus.

Remember the 2 years on a temp visa starts from when you *applied* for the temp visa, not when it was granted. Lots of people are confused about this.

DIMIA should contact you a few months beforehand - if they don't call you on schedule, call them.

Jeremy
Old Apr 18th 2005, 2:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Un-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JAJ
Possibly, for those who have already been some time in Australia on temporary visas. But wait and see - plan for 2 years from PR and anything less will be a bonus.

Remember the 2 years on a temp visa starts from when you *applied* for the temp visa, not when it was granted. Lots of people are confused about this.

DIMIA should contact you a few months beforehand - if they don't call you on schedule, call them.

Jeremy
Thanks a million Jeremy, thats really useful to know. Just as well it's from the application - it took 6 months for them to approve me!
Old Apr 18th 2005, 11:49 pm
Sydneysider and lovin it!

Dinky is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by JAJ

Jeremy
Great news! I can't wait to reach that stage. How can I ensure I manage to arrange it for Bondi Beach on Australia Day?

Good luck to all those waiting#

D-