Reload this Page >

spouse 2nd stage

spouse 2nd stage

Old Dec 30th 2004, 1:35 pm
Just Joined

BOBBY075 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question spouse 2nd stage

Hi ,
I am on Spouse 309 visa ,Lodged the application on 3 rd of march 2003 .. Can Any one tell me when can I expect DIMIA to contact me for further information regarding PR ?IS there any one who went through this process ? IS there any futher interview involved ?How long does DIMIA it taketo Finalise the second stage .

THank you so very much
Old Dec 30th 2004, 1:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Trevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant future
Default Re: spouse 2nd stage

Expect a letter from DIMIA about February, as the second stage starts i year after the initial application.

You will just need to complete a form, submit a couple of stat decs, plus evidence of a continuing relationship (letters, photos, bank statements etc etc).

The turn-round is pretty quick, possibly a couple of weeks
Old Dec 30th 2004, 7:58 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BOBBY075
Hi ,
I am on Spouse 309 visa ,Lodged the application on 3 rd of march 2003 .. Can Any one tell me when can I expect DIMIA to contact me for further information regarding PR ?IS there any one who went through this process ? IS there any futher interview involved ?How long does DIMIA it taketo Finalise the second stage .

THank you so very much
I received my letters requesting info 3 months prior to a decision being due. Your decision is due 3rd March 2005. According to someone on the infamous DIMIA information line 3 months prior to decision date is what DIMIA aim for in regards to sending out the letters. You should already have your letter so give them a ring. Do they have your current address?

I went through the process a last year. I had the application off within 3 weeks of receiving the papers. All was OK but had to wait until the decision date to get the visa. DIMIA are very infexible regarding this. As I was going to be in the UK on this date DIMIA waited a couple of weeks before granting PR. You must be Australia for the grant date or tell DIMIA if you are going to be overseas.

DIMIA can and do ask couples for interview. I was not asked for interview or for any further infomation.

I was asked for an Australian PCC.
Old Dec 30th 2004, 10:50 pm
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bondipom
<snip>You should already have your letter so give them a ring. Do they have your current address?

I went through the process a last year. I had the application off within 3 weeks of receiving the papers. All was OK but had to wait until the decision date to get the visa. DIMIA are very infexible regarding this.
<snip>
BP,

It's a legal requirement for provisional spouse visa holders to update DIMIA on their current postal address at the very least.

DIMIA are inflexible about the 2-year period primarily because it's also a legal requirement that a permanent spouse visa applicant (presently holding a provisional spouse visa) must have been on that provisional visa for 2 years. Not a day earlier, unfortunately. They can commence processing and collating documents to allow for a decision on the permanent visa, but the permanent visa itself cannot be granted until the 2 years are up, except under certain circumstances that none of us would really want to be in.

Peter
Old Dec 31st 2004, 3:14 am
Just Joined

BOBBY075 is an unknown quantity at this point

First of all I thank to all for the quick response for my mail .

PETER, DId you mean in your letter that DIMIA will contact me after 2 yrs anniversary of the lodgement date of my Application . When DImia Approved me visa they handed me a letter stating that Close to 2 yrs anniversary of the lodgemnt date of application DIMIA will be contacting me for further information .

I have already applied for POlice clearance and hope fully it will be ready soon as I hoped DIMIA will contact me atleast in fJanuary or the beginning of february 2005 (Application Date 3 rd of march 2003) If DIMIA contact me late like april or June 2005 will I be able to use this clearance then . Usually Australian police clearance take 6 to 8 weeks .

HOw long it usually take to process the application for PR .

Thank you once again to for the reply.
Old Dec 31st 2004, 3:20 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

PETER, DId you mean in your letter that DIMIA will contact me after 2 yrs anniversary of the lodgement date of my Application . When DImia Approved me visa they handed me a letter stating that Close to 2 yrs anniversary of the lodgemnt date of application DIMIA will be contacting me for further information .
DIMIA will contact you slightly before the 2 years are up. You can then respond to their request for more information etc.

However, they will only decide on your permanent visa after the 2 years are up.

The process is very clearly laid out in the Partner Migration Booklet. You should re-read it for more information, assuming that you've read it once before when applying for your initial provisional spouse visa.

Peter
Old Dec 31st 2004, 3:42 am

First of all I thank to all for the quick response for my mail .

I have already applied for POlice clearance and hope fully it will be ready soon as I hoped DIMIA will contact me atleast in fJanuary or the beginning of february 2005 (Application Date 3 rd of march 2003) If DIMIA contact me late like april or June 2005 will I be able to use this clearance then . Usually Australian police clearance take 6 to 8 weeks .

HOw long it usually take to process the application for PR .

Thank you once again to for the reply.
Processing time seems to vary wildly but by the time my decision was due the visa was processed. I guess the quicker you get the application before the due date the more likely DIMIA are to process you visa by the due date.
Old Dec 31st 2004, 4:54 am
NJJ
BE Forum Addict

NJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond repute

I was asked for an Australian PCC.

my CO advised that you also meed a PCC for any country you may have visited since provisional spouse visa first granted e.g. i have been home to UK to visit rellies since my 1st stage visa was granted so when i get to 2nd stage i will need anotehr UK police check apparently.

regards

NJJ
Old Dec 31st 2004, 7:12 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

Originally Posted by NJJ
my CO advised that you also meed a PCC for any country you may have visited since provisional spouse visa first granted
Visited and resided in for 12 or more months, surely.

You might want to remind your case officer about the 12-month threshold.

Peter
Old Dec 31st 2004, 11:41 am
NJJ
BE Forum Addict

NJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ptlabs
Visited and resided in for 12 or more months, surely.

You might want to remind your case officer about the 12-month threshold.

Peter

I applied for and got spouse visa onshore beginning of 2004. I said to the case officer that I was planning to visit UK for a few weeks later in the year year (which I did for 5 1/2 weeks) she said when it came to applying for PR at second stage in a couple of years DIMIA would require a police check from any countries I had been to since the original temp residency was granted. I did ask her at my interview if she was sure and she said she was. I guess we'll sort it out when it comes to my 2nd/PR stage early 2006....

NJJ
Old Dec 31st 2004, 1:50 pm
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

Originally Posted by NJJ
I applied for and got spouse visa onshore beginning of 2004. I said to the case officer that I was planning to visit UK for a few weeks later in the year year (which I did for 5 1/2 weeks) she said when it came to applying for PR at second stage in a couple of years DIMIA would require a police check from any countries I had been to since the original temp residency was granted. I did ask her at my interview if she was sure and she said she was. I guess we'll sort it out when it comes to my 2nd/PR stage early 2006....
NJJ

Firstly, you don't need to "apply" for PR again after 2 years. You have actually applied for your spouse PR visa when you applied for your provisional spouse visa. It's a two-in-one package.

The policy today is that if you haven't lived in a country for more than 12 months, you will normally not be asked to provide that country's police clearance certificate. This policy still stands today.

Peter
Old Dec 31st 2004, 11:23 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

I went through the process a last year. I had the application off within 3 weeks of receiving the papers. All was OK but had to wait until the decision date to get the visa. DIMIA are very infexible regarding this. As I was going to be in the UK on this date DIMIA waited a couple of weeks before granting PR. You must be Australia for the grant date or tell DIMIA if you are going to be overseas.
Only if the original spouse visa application was made onshore (ie you have an 820 visa rather than a 309).

If the original application was made offshore, you can be either offshore or onshore at the time of grant of the permanent visa.

Jeremy
Old Dec 31st 2004, 11:52 pm

Originally Posted by JAJ
Only if the original spouse visa application was made onshore (ie you have an 820 visa rather than a 309).

If the original application was made offshore, you can be either offshore or onshore at the time of grant of the permanent visa.

Jeremy
Has that changed over the past year or was my CO just unaware of that?
Old Dec 31st 2004, 11:53 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Has that changed over the past year or was my CO just unaware of that?
It's not changed. But I thought you had an 820, not a 309?

Jeremy
Old Jan 1st 2005, 12:01 am

Originally Posted by JAJ
It's not changed. But I thought you had an 820, not a 309?

Jeremy
Nope I got a 309 at the London AHC and got myself a 100 last November. I was asked to inform DIMIA of any overseas trips. I was in the UK when the decision was due and informed DIMIA of that. With that info they delayed the grant to the first weekday after I returned from holiday. For me it is rather irrelevant now.

Maybe it was to stop me travelling on an inoperative visa. Maybe if one was oversas longer and able to get to an Australian embassy/HC then the visa could be granted whilst offshore.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.