Spousal Visa

Old Oct 8th 2002, 1:14 pm
Just Joined

T Gunn is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Spousal Visa

Hi All,

Received my visa yesterday through the post - so excited. I used 1st Contact Migration in London and can say that my consultant was excellent. The visa took approx 10 weeks (was expecting 6 months) and cost us £800 on top of the visa fee. Sounds expensive but peace of mind,etc well worth while. If anyone is unsure about agents - use one, well worth it. If you want contact details for 1st Contact reply and I will dig them out and post them.

Well we leave 16th Oct 2002 and plenty to do. With my wife being Australian doesn't we're going over blind but I'm sure there will be a few challenges!!

Good luck to everyone!
Old Oct 8th 2002, 4:56 pm
Just Joined

weesimbo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spousal Visa

Originally posted by T Gunn:
Hi All,

Received my visa yesterday through the post - so excited. I used 1st Contact Migration in London and can say that my consultant was excellent. The visa took approx 10 weeks (was expecting 6 months) and cost us £800 on top of the visa fee. Sounds expensive but peace of mind,etc well worth while. If anyone is unsure about agents - use one, well worth it. If you want contact details for 1st Contact reply and I will dig them out and post them.

Well we leave 16th Oct 2002 and plenty to do. With my wife being Australian doesn't we're going over blind but I'm sure there will be a few challenges!!

Good luck to everyone!
I personnaly don't think it is of any advantage on going through an agent if applying through the family stream, i
applied for a fiance visa doing all the work myself with a bit of research on this site and others it was quite simple.It cost me about £20 for a good folder (for all the techi stuff) and a photo album. It's given me peace of mind knowing that i have saved a minimum of £800, i dont think my case was anything special i have only been in a full relationship with my wife to be for the 3 months she visited me this year although we have known and met each other on previous visits.

London only took 13 days from posting my application to recieveing confirmation in the post. Anyway everyone to there own if it gives you peace of mind to go through an agent then go for it .

Good luck in oz by the way .
I won't be far behind you-2nd november and it's oz oz oz
Old Oct 8th 2002, 6:03 pm
Just Joined

T Gunn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spousal Visa

Originally posted by weesimbo:

I personnaly don't think it is of any advantage on going through an agent if applying through the family stream, i
applied for a fiance visa doing all the work myself with a bit of research on this site and others it was quite simple.It cost me about £20 for a good folder (for all the techi stuff) and a photo album. It's given me peace of mind knowing that i have saved a minimum of £800, i dont think my case was anything special i have only been in a full relationship with my wife to be for the 3 months she visited me this year although we have known and met each other on previous visits.

London only took 13 days from posting my application to recieveing confirmation in the post. Anyway everyone to there own if it gives you peace of mind to go through an agent then go for it .

Good luck in oz by the way .
I won't be far behind you-2nd november and it's oz oz oz
What I didn't mention was that we were refused a de facto visa in Nov last year on the ground that we had only been in a relationship for 50 weeks!! A DIMA adviser in Melbourne advised that would be ok when we applied for the application interview. However when we had the interview we were told that because we were only together for 50wks they would have to refuse visa!! $1200 wasted!!! We though we didn’t need an agent! Second time round and our final opportunity; we thought we would use an agent!

I agree £800 is a lot for peace of mind but we were in a situation where we could not allow anything to go wrong!! Otherwise my wife and I would be in an impossible situation!

I hope your move goes well good luck.

Tommy