Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sponsored skilled visa

Sponsored skilled visa

Old Feb 16th 2005, 1:32 pm
Forum Regular

Lunnons is a jewel in the roughLunnons is a jewel in the roughLunnons is a jewel in the roughLunnons is a jewel in the rough
Post Sponsored skilled visa

Sponsored skilled visa Anyone else currently in the process of a sponsored skilled visa (sub class 138 I think)
Would love to hear how it is going - any problems - how long its taking/taken?
Old Feb 16th 2005, 5:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

woody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant future
Default Re: Sponsored skilled visa

We have just been told by an agent that this would be the best way for us. I finish my qualifications in February next year. He has told us to start the process in January and we should have our visa's by August. Having read the threads on here, I find that hard to believe so I would be interestedto hear if anyone is going though it now like you.

Debs
Old Feb 16th 2005, 5:48 pm
Sydneysider & loving it!!

molloymj is a jewel in the roughmolloymj is a jewel in the roughmolloymj is a jewel in the roughmolloymj is a jewel in the roughmolloymj is a jewel in the rough

Hi,

My girlfriend and I are going on Skilled Designated Area Sponsored (139).

We started the application last April with an agent. Our skills assessment was lost twice (Royal Mail), which held us back about 3 months. Our Visa was lodged at the end of December and our agent tells us we should have the Visa by June (Touch Wood). We have requested our police checks and are waiting for the medical to be requested.

So all in all about 11-14 months. Depending on Royal Mail.

All the best.
Old Feb 16th 2005, 7:35 pm
toocheeky

Hi there and welcome to the site

We are also applying for a 138

Tbh DIMIA have been very good. Its Centrelink who are taking forever.
We sent in our application - Aug 2004....We are almost there, (AoS and bond cleared) although I have been saying that for the last 3 months! Oh well as the saying goes, 'All good things...

Good luck!
Karen
x

Originally Posted by Lunnons
Sponsored skilled visa Anyone else currently in the process of a sponsored skilled visa (sub class 138 I think)

Old Feb 16th 2005, 8:36 pm
Just Joined

gp18264 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Sponsored skilled visa

Hi there

We lodged our 138 application in May 04 and we are awaiting the outcome

Graham
Old Feb 17th 2005, 7:35 am
Forum Regular

jesta is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gp18264
Hi there

We lodged our 138 application in May 04 and we are awaiting the outcome

Graham
hi there

just about to start the process, so will be looking in on this thread quite a bit.
going to see aunt first too see if she sponsor me,

Good luck with your application. Jesta
Old Feb 17th 2005, 9:24 am
BE Forum Addict

cadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of light

We got our visas in Skilled sponsored designated area sub-class 139. Similar to yourselves but des. area. but either way I am led to believe it is priority processed.

Our application went in Sept. 03 and we got our visas Jan 04. !!!!!
Old Feb 17th 2005, 9:46 am
Forum Regular

leedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant future

I'm entering on visa 138. I began the process with my agent in Nov 03. I did my medicals before Christmas and am now at Assurer of support stage. My brother (my sponsor) who is a Permanent Resident over there is getting his friend to be my assurer. Waiting to be asked for the AOS bond now, anyone know how much this is?

I'm not sure if the sponsor needs to be a citizen or not. If so then i will have to wait until August 05 when my bro has been there 2 years. I was told by my agent that DIMIA are rushing people through now and that i would get my visa in 3-6 months. This was around Dec 04 time.

I've been addicted to this forum and the site below since my medicals
http://www.dpi.wa.gov.au/coastaldata/coastcam/live.html

hope this helps. PM me if you have any quastions regarding my case and i'll dig out my file with dates.

Last edited by leedslad; Feb 17th 2005 at 10:19 am.
Old Feb 17th 2005, 9:53 am
Forum Regular

Lunnons is a jewel in the roughLunnons is a jewel in the roughLunnons is a jewel in the roughLunnons is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by leedslad
I'm entering on visa 138. I began the process with my agent in Nov 04. I did my medicals before Christmas and am now at Assurer of support stage. My brother (my sponsor) who is a Permanent Resident over there is getting his friend to be my assurer. Waiting to be asked for the AOS bond now, anyone know how much this is?

I'm not sure if the sponsor needs to be a citizen or not. If so then i will have to wait until August 05 when my bro has been there 2 years. I was told by my agent that DIMIA are rushing people through now and that i would get my visa in 3-6 months. This was around Dec 04 time.

I've been addicted to this forum and the site below since my medicals
http://www.dpi.wa.gov.au/coastaldata/coastcam/live.html

hope this helps. PM me if you have any quastions regarding my case and i'll dig out my file with dates.
It all gets very confusing everybody on here seems to be getting their applications through very quickly but I have been told by my agent to expect about a 50 week wait for an answer from DIMIA which takes us until Christmas time -
we submitted our first part in Sep and got a postive assessment back four weeks later - we submitted our full application in January so I expect a long wait!!!
ho hum
Old Feb 17th 2005, 10:00 am
Forum Regular

leedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by jesta
hi there

just about to start the process, so will be looking in on this thread quite a bit.
going to see aunt first too see if she sponsor me,

Good luck with your application. Jesta
Jesta make sure your Aunt knows someone willing to be the assurer of support too. They will have to have 2 years tax returns and be willing to do a bit of paper work as well as an interview with centre link :scared:
Old Feb 17th 2005, 10:11 am
Is anyone listening

halflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nice

Hi Lunnons

We are also trying for a sponsored visa, lodged application 24/12/04 and have also been quoted 50 weeks by agent. Saying that I was in the chat room the other day and the person in there got their visa in 3 months and 18 days. Have you checked out the timeline, address below, people input their info and you can search for your visa type and see how other people are doing, and alot of oct/nov last year are starting to hear results. So is the 50 week thing just to cover them? so we don't start yelling at them?

www.austimeline.com

Cheers Halflinggirl
Old Feb 17th 2005, 10:19 am
Forum Regular

It all gets very confusing everybody on here seems to be getting their applications through very quickly but I have been told by my agent to expect about a 50 week wait for an answer from DIMIA which takes us until Christmas time -
we submitted our first part in Sep and got a postive assessment back four weeks later - we submitted our full application in January so I expect a long wait!!!
ho hum
sorry had to edit my first post got 03/04 mixed up oops