Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sponsored Designated Area

Sponsored Designated Area

Old Aug 20th 2003, 1:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

JayneS is a jewel in the roughJayneS is a jewel in the roughJayneS is a jewel in the roughJayneS is a jewel in the rough
Default Sponsored Designated Area

Hello there

Thanks to everybody that replied to my last question about timescales.

Has anybody recently been through the sponsored designated area application?

I am being told such a wide range of timescales from 2 months to 3 years!!

I'm using an agent and they have told me 4-6 months if my skills assessment comes back ok from TRA. However I know one person has been waiting since 2001. I'm just wondering (hoping!) this isn't the norm and perhaps some applications have hold ups for some reason.

Anybody else?

Cheers
Old Aug 20th 2003, 2:46 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Lodged ours 5th March 2002, had a small hitch with assurance of support which set us back about a month. Our bond has been lodged for 2 months but still no visa! I know of a few other people with the same time line. (yes i know 139 is supposed to be fastracked, hence thats the route we chose, ASPC seem to have forgotten what fast tracking means i think) Good luck with it though!
Old Aug 20th 2003, 3:11 pm
Forum Regular

desmund is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by h garrett
Lodged ours 5th March 2002, had a small hitch with assurance of support which set us back about a month. Our bond has been lodged for 2 months but still no visa! I know of a few other people with the same time line. (yes i know 139 is supposed to be fastracked, hence thats the route we chose, ASPC seem to have forgotten what fast tracking means i think) Good luck with it though!

h

would you recommend sending aspc an e-mail, we have only had our apllication in for 6 weeks but thought thast if no news recieved after 3 months then just send an e-mail as a reminder that these aplplications are supposed to be fast tracked, or do you think that this may get their back up and the apllication might get lost or go to the bottom of the pile

arlene
Old Aug 20th 2003, 3:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the rough
Lightbulb

Look at www.austimeline.com to see people's time lines for different PR visa classes.
Old Aug 20th 2003, 3:55 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Sunlover
Look at www.austimeline.com to see people's time lines for different PR visa classes.

done that average wait varies from 8 months onwards not exactly fast tracked, if i had known that it would be so slow then we would have applied under 136. but should i just give them a little nudge and remind them of their 4-6 month deadlines

arlene
Old Aug 20th 2003, 4:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

JayneS is a jewel in the roughJayneS is a jewel in the roughJayneS is a jewel in the roughJayneS is a jewel in the rough

Anybody know the email address off hand?
Old Aug 20th 2003, 4:36 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by JayneS
Anybody know the email address off hand?

jayne

on our acknowledgement e-mail we had i presume our case officers name then @immi.gov.au so i presume u write your case officers name followed by that address not much help im afraid

arlene
Old Aug 20th 2003, 7:09 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

h

would you recommend sending aspc an e-mail, we have only had our apllication in for 6 weeks but thought thast if no news recieved after 3 months then just send an e-mail as a reminder that these aplplications are supposed to be fast tracked, or do you think that this may get their back up and the apllication might get lost or go to the bottom of the pile

arlene

What did your letter say re. processing times when they sent it back? Ours said 50 weeks and we got the med and police check request at 51 weeks We wish we'd have gone skilled ind now too
Good luck with whatever you decide.
Old Aug 21st 2003, 9:19 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by h garrett
What did your letter say re. processing times when they sent it back? Ours said 50 weeks and we got the med and police check request at 51 weeks We wish we'd have gone skilled ind now too
Good luck with whatever you decide.
yeah ours said that to but also only 4-6 months for modl jobs wish i had gone done that route too hey ho, did you get the name with your acknowledgemnt e-mail is that my case officer then

arlene
Old Aug 21st 2003, 10:42 am
High in the Dandenongs

I didn't get a name untill i did police and meds! But if theres a name on there it could be your case officer.