Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Spiders in your House

Wikiposts

Spiders in your House

Old Sep 28th 2003, 2:59 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Originally posted by bondipom
An experimantal treatment for people with persistently festy wounds is using maggots (bred in a sterile environment) to eat the dead skin.

For certain types of wound it is a very effective and safe treatment as anaesthetics are not required. Imagine feeling them wriggling in your wound!!

:scared:
In Britain .. Bondipom I asked for maggots here in Aus. I asked the surgeon in hospital after my first op failed... Iwas desperate. He said that they don't do it here. I told him "geeze your behind aren't you... Britain they do"... He was most impressed with me I can tell you ..lol . Bl**dy doctors!
I wanted to go home to the UK at the time but couldn't fly like that, my lower limb (ankle) was swollen because of the necrosis further up blocking the blood supply to the rest... I was strongly advised not to fly. If I could have, I would of been on the next plane home to get some decent treatment.
Old Sep 28th 2003, 7:20 pm
Semper Vigilante

ButtonMoon is an unknown quantity at this point

Seems that the furthrer up north you get, the bigger the beasties.In Melbourne I haven't seen a huntsman for 3 years and the last white tail was about the same.
That's the price of living in the tropics all you Brisbanites.
Is it true the blowflies are as big as golf balls ?
Old Sep 28th 2003, 7:57 pm
Nov 27th 2003: Brisbane

BrisbaneBrummie is an unknown quantity at this point

Sera has got mesh covers for the windows and doors, so you can have them open for fresh air but nothing can come in....doesn't mean nothing is there in the first place!

I'm not very good with spiders....not sure how i'll react when I see one, the thing is, ignorance is bliss, I'll not know which one is which and will probably see all of them in the same mould........ie, spider=possible danger=kill the Mo Fo.

Saying that, when I was there last year, I was aware of the all the usual checks, toilet seat, shoes etc.....but didn't do it once........

That picture of the arm was disgusting.......eughhhhhhh