Spiders in your House

Wikiposts

Spiders in your House

Old Jul 22nd 2003, 2:00 am
Forum Regular

scallywag is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spiders in your House

Hi

Migrating to Perth soon, the wife went on this board and seen the post on SPIDERS i think she is a shivering reck now, do you get many of these huntsman spiders in your house, in fact do you get spiders of any kind in your house, what about hiding in your bed, what checks do you need to make, look forward to your answers.

Phil & Terri
Old Jul 22nd 2003, 2:02 am
Purveyor of Beaches

DavidT has a spectacular aura aboutDavidT has a spectacular aura aboutDavidT has a spectacular aura about

I'm not, sounds like a way to talk yourself outta this bother.
Old Jul 22nd 2003, 2:31 am
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spiders in your House

Originally posted by scallywag
Hi

Migrating to Perth soon, the wife went on this board and seen the post on SPIDERS i think she is a shivering reck now, do you get many of these huntsman spiders in your house, in fact do you get spiders of any kind in your house, what about hiding in your bed, what checks do you need to make, look forward to your answers.

Phil & Terri
Look on the rest of the site as well, but I am a complete Arachnophobe........nope you can cope, believe me I wasn't moving here full stop on the basis I moved from Ireland to the UK, and those silly buggers have snakes and that coloured my decision to start!

My UK husband told me I would get use to it (so I moved to UK and got used to sitting on grass there)..............nope have not in AUS still waiting for them all to drop down from sun visor in car, jump at me from garden...needless to say it has not happened...and despite all my dire warnings kids are still living and laughing at me especially after them come back from the bush and get the odd tick removed (yes I still check my sunscreen). But I have loads of spiders outside I ignore, cause they do not like me either!!!

Forget it, lots more to enjoy....
Old Sep 24th 2003, 12:20 pm
Can't re member

welshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nice

Meet my new friend...

http://www.hartill.net/Oz/Pages/IMG_1634.html
Old Sep 24th 2003, 12:39 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by scallywag
Hi

Phil & Terri
My daughter has been bitten by a white tail. I had one jump out of my boxers as I was putting them on and the other night, whilst I was on the phone to the UK I spotted a MASSIVE redback crawling out from behind the skirting.
Old Sep 24th 2003, 12:42 pm
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by renth
My daughter has been bitten by a white tail. I had one jump out of my boxers as I was putting them on and the other night, whilst I was on the phone to the UK I spotted a MASSIVE redback crawling out from behind the skirting.

Renth

What do you mean by a massive redback? They are usually quite small?

http://www.qmuseum.qld.gov.au/featur...backSpider.asp
Old Sep 24th 2003, 12:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

We have had 2 redbacks in the house and a few in the garden. Funnily enough it's always Aussies who point them out to us, I think one had been living quite happily behind our pot belly heater till we extrminated it.

We get loads of slaters in the house too and a good few hoppers and other types of spiders.

Old Sep 24th 2003, 12:44 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

I am very disappointed that I have still not seen something more dangerous than a giant huntsman.
Old Sep 24th 2003, 12:50 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by jayr
Renth

What do you mean by a massive redback? They are usually quite small?

http://www.qmuseum.qld.gov.au/featur...backSpider.asp
I meant MASSIVE, for a redback.
Old Sep 24th 2003, 12:53 pm
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Has anyone seen a snake on the loose (as it were)? I live near a creek and nighbours all have their 'carpet python sliding down the window' stories but I have yet to see any? Not in any rush mind you, and much more relaxed about it than when first arrived. Any got any tips on what to do if you do see one - should I invest in a shovel?
Old Sep 24th 2003, 12:54 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

what do you do when these maneating beasts rear their ugly heads?
m'fraid I would have to beat the bloody thing to a pulp....is that acceptable etiquette, or would I have the save-our-spiders campaigners on my back?

sue
Old Sep 24th 2003, 12:56 pm
(It's not my real name)

Originally posted by jayr
Has anyone seen a snake on the loose (as it were)? I live near a creek and nighbours all have their 'carpet python sliding down the window' stories but I have yet to see any? Not in any rush mind you, and much more relaxed about it than when first arrived. Any got any tips on what to do if you do see one - should I invest in a shovel?
When I was working on a banana farm in the Kimberley I pulled a dead leaf back and was about to chop it off with my machete when the green tree snake I disturbed slithered out and over my arm, dropping down on to the ground.

It seemed to go on for ever, I was frozen with fear.

I definitely wouldn't try to kill a snake, that's when it's most likely to attack you.
Old Sep 24th 2003, 12:58 pm
Karma Comedian

I would kill anything that was indoors, don' want them to encourage their mates inside. Also always kill redbacks, you are meant to shove a stick in the web, twirl it around then stamp on it or something. Mostly it's the black spiders to watch out for. I remember, getting on the bus once and saw a small black thing creep inside my shirt. Too scared to whip off my shirt and look like a twat and too scared too move!
Old Sep 24th 2003, 1:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

I went outside last night and walked into a spiders web. It was all over my face & hair (what hair). Yeeeuuukkkk, it was orrible.
No spiders thankfully

Diane
Old Sep 24th 2003, 1:02 pm
Karma Comedian

Originally posted by DianeOZ
I went outside last night and walked into a spiders web. It was all over my face & hair (what hair). Yeeeuuukkkk, it was orrible.
No spiders thankfully

Diane

You probably swallowed it then.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.