Spiders

Old Nov 26th 2006, 2:31 am
BE Forum Addict

brissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to behold
Default Spiders

Read various articles on when you arrive in Oz you should go on a first aid course etc. If you get bitten by a spider what do you do and how long have you got? :scared:
Old Nov 26th 2006, 3:22 am
BE Enthusiast

wintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to all
Default Re: Spiders

Originally Posted by brissydeb
Read various articles on when you arrive in Oz you should go on a first aid course etc. If you get bitten by a spider what do you do and how long have you got? :scared:
u never see them only if you go looking
Old Nov 26th 2006, 3:29 am
Banned

Lord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by brissydeb
Don't you think you are worring about nothing, no one has been killed by a spider bite in OZ in 30 years, your 10 times more likely to be killed by a falling tree in OZ ,but people don't worry about that, l've been bitten by bees and wasps in OZ, but never a spider.

Last edited by Lord Pom Percy; Nov 26th 2006 at 3:41 am.
Old Nov 26th 2006, 3:57 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lord Pom Percy
Don't you think you are worring about nothing, no one has been killed by a spider bite in OZ in 30 years, your 10 times more likely to be killed by a falling tree in OZ ,but people don't worry about that, l've been bitten by bees and wasps in OZ, but never a spider.
Well I have been bitten by a White Tail spider and it bloody hurt, not much more than a bee sting, but the pain lasts longer.
Old Nov 26th 2006, 6:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Well I have been bitten by a White Tail spider and it bloody hurt, not much more than a bee sting, but the pain lasts longer.

I'v had two of these buggers in my house the past week, luckily they've both been squished before they could do any harm.

I HATE spiders

Last edited by Wendy; Nov 26th 2006 at 7:58 am.
Old Nov 26th 2006, 7:36 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

I hate the things too, but this one came to visit and he was very pretty ;
Attached Thumbnails Spiders-100_0949_0001.jpg  
Old Nov 26th 2006, 7:48 am
Freedom!

Jockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond repute

We were working on a job the other week. My TA started to dig some loose soil up which we had unearthed the day before. Then these 2 spiders came out. Not huge but big. Anyway we gave them the body swerve and they didnt attck. We never thought anymore about it. Then i was driving behind my mates van and we stopped at a garage. JUst as i pulled up. My mate jumped out his van and kicked off his shoe. Out pops a spider that had just bitten him. Luckily it wasn't poisonous but he said it hurt like hell. It must have crawled into his boot and he didnt notice.
Old Nov 26th 2006, 7:48 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Wendy
I'v had two of these buggers in my house the past week, luckily they've both been squished before they could so any harm.

I HATE spiders
We have lots of Tarantula Wasps here and I regularly see them dragging paralysed Huntsmen off to bury.. the Huntsmen definately come off second best to those brutes.
Old Nov 26th 2006, 7:53 am
Forum Regular

Wilso16 is just really niceWilso16 is just really niceWilso16 is just really niceWilso16 is just really niceWilso16 is just really niceWilso16 is just really niceWilso16 is just really niceWilso16 is just really nice

Originally Posted by wintersgills
u never see them only if you go looking
My OH sister found this on her tent whilst camping. It came looking for them! If had been me I would have left the tent there!!

Hope the attachment works!
Attached Files
File Type: doc
Spider.doc (272.5 KB, 314 views)
Old Nov 26th 2006, 7:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
We have lots of Tarantula Wasps here and I regularly see them dragging paralysed Huntsmen off to bury.. the Huntsmen definately come off second best to those brutes.
:scared:

Glad I've married a spider hunter
Old Nov 26th 2006, 9:21 am
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

We've had a couple of white tip/tails and red backs and a huge huntsman. Funnily enough we didn't have any spiders when we had the huntsman, then hubby got a bit carried away with the ant spray !
Old Nov 26th 2006, 9:23 am
www.perthcrest.com.au

The Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud of

We have had a few redbacks around the house recently, but this morning was freaky! I got my hat from the car, and was about to pop it on my head and there nestled inside was a huge huntsman - scared the life out of me!!!

It must have crawled in last night, while we had the boot of the car open watching a outdoor movie in Kingsley.

:scared:

Nicola
Old Nov 26th 2006, 9:34 am
BE Forum Addict

hilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond repute

I hate them, but weve not had too many really ...this one was kinda nice that was by the front door ....check out the web!!!!

Had a cricket on my washing line today and this fella landed on the chair outside

Old Nov 26th 2006, 11:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Caroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really nice

Here's a pic of a dead white-tail.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/11418025@N00/306471231/

And here's a pic of a baby huntsman which we are looking after. They eat the nasty spiders and the silverfish.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/11418025@N00/306474442/
Old Nov 26th 2006, 11:16 am
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hilary6
I hate them, but weve not had too many really ...this one was kinda nice that was by the front door ....check out the web!!!!

Had a cricket on my washing line today and this fella landed on the chair outside

WHAT is the yellow spider? eeeek!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.