spider scarers

Old Mar 7th 2006, 3:40 am
BE Enthusiast

don544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond repute
Default spider scarers

hi
i've seen an ultra sonic gizmo for sale in newspapers which plugs into a normal electric socket, and claims to send out ultra sonic sound, which makes spiders and pests leave the area for upto 500 yds!
anybody got one/used one, any comments for or against?
cheers, dom
Old Mar 7th 2006, 4:59 am

Bella Donna is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: spider scarers

Originally Posted by don544
hi
i've seen an ultra sonic gizmo for sale in newspapers which plugs into a normal electric socket, and claims to send out ultra sonic sound, which makes spiders and pests leave the area for upto 500 yds!
cheers, dom

I've seen them for mossies, but not for spiders. I'm not sure of the effectiveness of the mossie ones either....

In theory, I suppose....but it would assume that all pests are responsive to the same frequency.

I'll be interested to hear what others have to say.

Sue
Old Mar 7th 2006, 5:17 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Ive got one, it just plugs into the normal supply.

This morning after finishing my nightshift got home at 5.15 am, was making some toast when I heard something fall onto the floor tiles.
I looked round & there was a huge brown huntsman running across the floor.
My size 10 came down on it just before it got under the fridge.

So not sure how good those plug in things are but they are not 100%.
Old Mar 7th 2006, 5:38 am
surfer chic from Teesside

lauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond repute

my mate had one in England and she still got spiders, although not as many!

We had a white tail in our house last night, it scared me to death, JC had to kill it in one swoop with his shoe before our puppy tried to eat it...it was a scarey little f*ker :scared:
Old Mar 7th 2006, 7:20 am
New South Welshie

<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by don544
hi
cheers, dom
No amount of sonic aftershock is gonna shift spiders like this hunts-mother I found on our patio

Brown trousers time.
Old Mar 7th 2006, 7:22 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

We had a snake in the garage the other day only about 8 inche slong, feisty little buggar though
Old Mar 7th 2006, 1:05 pm
Forum Regular

Northern-Monkey is a name known to allNorthern-Monkey is a name known to allNorthern-Monkey is a name known to allNorthern-Monkey is a name known to allNorthern-Monkey is a name known to allNorthern-Monkey is a name known to allNorthern-Monkey is a name known to allNorthern-Monkey is a name known to allNorthern-Monkey is a name known to allNorthern-Monkey is a name known to allNorthern-Monkey is a name known to all
Wink Re: spider scarers

thats what the wife says all the time,,,,
Old Mar 7th 2006, 1:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Louise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond repute

OMG Did you have to post such a big picture.......? Nearly fell off my chair!!!

Hysterical
Old Mar 7th 2006, 6:08 pm
Forum Regular

flapsterhp has a brilliant futureflapsterhp has a brilliant futureflapsterhp has a brilliant futureflapsterhp has a brilliant futureflapsterhp has a brilliant futureflapsterhp has a brilliant futureflapsterhp has a brilliant future

My mother had one here in the u.k. If you ask me i think it encouraged the little buggers not scared em off. Andy
Old Mar 7th 2006, 7:04 pm
Former Resident Visa

Jaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond repute

My mate has a plug in to deter ants. She was infested in her kitchen, now with the plug in they just march right past her house....maybe to the neighbours?
Definately works on ants.
But big mutha f***ers like that Huntsman now your asking questions. Haven't seen one since I was a kid....
SLOWLY getting over fear and New South Welshie person makes me feel like a 6 year old :scared: all over again... and I'm coming over in 4 weeks :scared:
p.s did you just leave it there or throw it in the garden?....
Old Mar 8th 2006, 7:24 am
BE Enthusiast

don544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond repute

thanks to all above posters. i will buy one, won't hurt to try!
cheers, dom
Old Mar 8th 2006, 10:04 am
karma? You make your own!

adriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant future

I read a review somewhere for these, specifically to test against mozzies, and the result was that they made no difference.

I've I remember where, I'll try to track it down and if it's in English, post it