Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

A SPIDER POST! (not again!)

A SPIDER POST! (not again!)

Old Aug 24th 2004, 3:50 pm

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default A SPIDER POST! (not again!)

Quick question for those of you in Oz who have a spider situation in your houses. Have you had your homes sprayed to try and stop them? I was under the impression that once you got your house sprayed, you wouldnt have any problems?

The BE ARACHNOPHOBE
Old Aug 24th 2004, 3:58 pm
Just Joined

Dunc&Sam is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: A SPIDER POST! (not again!)

Lucyb

Sorry cant help with the spider post, but am interested to know what you applied via, qualifications wise, for the quick turnaround you have from SA.

Regards
Sam
Old Aug 24th 2004, 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by Dunc&Sam
Lucyb

Sorry cant help with the spider post, but am interested to know what you applied via, qualifications wise, for the quick turnaround you have from SA.

Regards
Sam

Hi Sam

We are going the SIR route under my husbands skill ASCO 1299-19, Sports Administrator. We were very surprised that SA took such a short time to nominate us.

Lucy
Old Aug 24th 2004, 4:14 pm
Just Joined

Dunc&Sam is an unknown quantity at this point

Lucy

Thanks and good to know the turnaround is so quick - we will be applying under Duncans qualification of Civil Engineer (once he finishes his degree in May next year)!

Sam
Old Aug 24th 2004, 4:16 pm
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Lucy

I used to work for a pest control company in Albury for a while a few years back. In theory, you shouldnt have a problem if you spray and then continue to spray regularly. This company I worked for suggested just once a year. Some other companies will push for a little more often.

You will still find them in the garden, but the house should be pretty ok. Plus good screens on all your doors and windows will help a bit as well...

Old Aug 24th 2004, 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by Hels
Hi Lucy

I used to work for a pest control company in Albury for a while a few years back. In theory, you shouldnt have a problem if you spray and then continue to spray regularly. This company I worked for suggested just once a year. Some other companies will push for a little more often.

You will still find them in the garden, but the house should be pretty ok. Plus good screens on all your doors and windows will help a bit as well...

Perhaps a suit of armour?! :scared:
Old Aug 24th 2004, 4:22 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Hi Lucy

Theres a few Pests on this site you could try & control.
Old Aug 24th 2004, 5:08 pm
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bordy
Theres a few Pests on this site you could try & control.

Is that your way of hinting at your preference for bondage??
Old Aug 24th 2004, 5:21 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Is that your way of hinting at your preference for bondage??

Your mind works in a weird way. Its scary sometimes.