Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Spider Hypnotherepy

Spider Hypnotherepy

Old Apr 13th 2005, 2:54 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spider Hypnotherepy

Hi I started my hypnotherepy today.

Not really much to report yet as its gonna take about 4 sessions, but he made me feel really relaxed and I have a tape to listen to every day until i meet with him next week.

Kay
Old Apr 13th 2005, 2:56 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spider Hypnotherepy

Do you have a proper phobia or just scared of them? (I fall into the latter category!!!)
Old Apr 13th 2005, 2:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

natty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to all

Hi Kay

Thanks for the info, did he talk about whether is was a specific event that led to your fear or just an irrational fear caused by nothing in particular.

The reason I ask is that we bought a tape but it kept asking you to visualise an event where you were really scared of spiders and then imagine yourself going through it again but this time not feeling scared.

It didnt seem to work because I dont think there was a single event that made me scared. I think i developed the phobia because my mum was scared and just passed that fear on to me.

Anyway hope the tape works and good luck with the next session..

Nat xxx
Old Apr 13th 2005, 3:05 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

I have had a few encounters with spiders (the tiny english varieties) recently. On Monday I got into work and started tapping away on the keyboard and one crawled out from between the "Q" and "W" keys. Obviously it couldn't spell. He stayed around all day and I was going to keep him as a pet but I haven't seen him since. Last night I was playing badminton and one ran across the service court behind me. It didn't have any clothes on so you could say it was a streaker.

I am not scared of any animal really but not keen on them either (apart from our cats). But I have to say the tiny / safe spiders we get in the UK no longer bother me at all when I think about what I will be facing in Australia.
Old Apr 13th 2005, 3:06 pm
crazy, sexy,cool member

Jessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by possoms
Hi I started my hypnotherepy today.

Not really much to report yet as its gonna take about 4 sessions, but he made me feel really relaxed and I have a tape to listen to every day until i meet with him next week.

Kay
Hi Kay, Please could you tell me more? Like how you feel, it is just that I am really frightened of spiders (although i dont have a phobia) and it really makes my palms sweat when I think of the giant huntsmen. We are moving to Oz next year and I dont know how I will cope if a spider is in our house. I will need a kind of mosquito net around my bed just so I can sleep at night. If the hypnotherapy really helps then I would consider having it myself. How much does it all cost? (if you dont mind me asking)

Good luck to you Kay
Julie
Old Apr 13th 2005, 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by natty
Hi Kay

Thanks for the info, did he talk about whether is was a specific event that led to your fear or just an irrational fear caused by nothing in particular.

The reason I ask is that we bought a tape but it kept asking you to visualise an event where you were really scared of spiders and then imagine yourself going through it again but this time not feeling scared.

It didnt seem to work because I dont think there was a single event that made me scared. I think i developed the phobia because my mum was scared and just passed that fear on to me.

Anyway hope the tape works and good luck with the next session..

Nat xxx
Hi Bridie its a phobia I have.

Nat he put me in deep relaxation, and told me to go back to the first time I knew i was frightened. Trouble was I couldnt remember a first time only that I have always been frightened of them.

He was saying to visulize the fear and make it small and that I was stronger than it etc but my inner voice was saying 'no way mate I'm scared'

told him this afterwards and he says its normal because my unconsious side is frightened of letting go but in time it will.

Hope this makes sense its hard to explain it all.

Kay
Old Apr 13th 2005, 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by Jessica Rabbit
Hi Kay, Please could you tell me more? Like how you feel, it is just that I am really frightened of spiders (although i dont have a phobia) and it really makes my palms sweat when I think of the giant huntsmen. We are moving to Oz next year and I dont know how I will cope if a spider is in our house. I will need a kind of mosquito net around my bed just so I can sleep at night. If the hypnotherapy really helps then I would consider having it myself. How much does it all cost? (if you dont mind me asking)

Good luck to you Kay
Julie

Hi it costs £40 a session, some people only need one others more, he thinks I will need 3/4.

Yep its expensive but worth it if it works.

The idea is to turn your fear down, not that you will suddenly love spiders but be able to cope with them.

Kay
Old Apr 13th 2005, 3:21 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Stick with it Kay!
Old Apr 13th 2005, 3:24 pm
crazy, sexy,cool member

Jessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond repute

Hi it costs £40 a session, some people only need one others more, he thinks I will need 3/4.

Yep its expensive but worth it if it works.

The idea is to turn your fear down, not that you will suddenly love spiders but be able to cope with them.

Kay
Good Luck with it all Kay. Hope we hear from you again to see how you are getting on.
Julie
Old Apr 13th 2005, 3:27 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

OK....I thought I needed it before I came here but for those really really frightened you did not die in the UK cause of spiders and you are not going to die here.

You are only getting afraid of the fear of spiders, and I agree big time for hypnotherapy cause you are only going to persuade yourself of something you already know But I am not being mean cause pay for it it works!

Best of luck to all of youse!
Old Apr 13th 2005, 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by Sandra
OK....I thought I needed it before I came here but for those really really frightened you did not die in the UK cause of spiders and you are not going to die here.

You are only getting afraid of the fear of spiders, and I agree big time for hypnotherapy cause you are only going to persuade yourself of something you already know But I am not being mean cause pay for it it works!

Best of luck to all of youse!
Its nothing to do with if I will die or not, I have been having nightmares about the bloody things and I lived in Australia for 6 months and still frightened of them.

I'm not getting into an argument on whether its rational or irrational I'm trying to get over my fear.

Kay
Old Apr 13th 2005, 3:46 pm
crazy, sexy,cool member

Its nothing to do with if I will die or not, I have been having nightmares about the bloody things and I lived in Australia for 6 months and still frightened of them.

I'm not getting into an argument on whether its rational or irrational I'm trying to get over my fear.

Kay
So you were there 6 months and still no better?? That really worries me. I have a friend in Queensland and she has been there 7 months and she keeps telling me I will get used to them and that she has but I just cant see myself getting used to them. I am frightened to death of the small ones here so god knows what I will be like with the biggies. Did you come across many when you lived in Oz Kay?? :scared:
Julie
Old Apr 13th 2005, 4:00 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Kay
Hey reread my post......I have no issue with you doing whatever .....Fear of Fear is so real it stops you in your tracks....watch me with a cockroach.

All I am saying is your fear is real....but for the majority of people coming to Aus spiders are not a big factor and they do not need to be cause they do not kill people. (gosh all ruch in with the single case please.....sharks are a bigger worry here OK)

So please get help....and when it works get back on the site and tell other about the help you got and how well it works. Cause that was all I meant.

AND....I got hypno about my smoking so I am all for it

BUT....I haven't found a person going to help me with my fear of cockies yet???

Cheers Sandra
Old Apr 13th 2005, 4:57 pm
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Already told my husband that when we get to Oz, I won't ever enter the garage (ours here is definitely spider country :scared: - but at least they are smallish).

Gina
Old Apr 13th 2005, 5:02 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

A year in oz cured me of my fear of spiders you just get used to them in the end

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.