Reload this Page >

Speeding while on holiday in Australia from UK

Speeding while on holiday in Australia from UK

Old Feb 24th 2011, 9:51 am
Just Joined

Lisa Cameron is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Speeding while on holiday in Australia from UK

Hi,
We were on holiday over in Australia (Perth), returned home and found out my husband was speeding while using my brothers car out there, has anyone been in the same situation? Will he have to send his licence away? I know he'll have to pay a fine, just wondered was else?
Regards
Lisa
Old Feb 24th 2011, 10:34 am
Forum Regular

seanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really nice
Default Re: Speeding while on holiday in Australia from UK

same thing happened to friends of ours whist they were visiting, they got the fine through the post once back in the UK, paid it butdidn't have to send off their license, they didn't hear any more about it
Old Feb 24th 2011, 10:52 am
BE Enthusiast

fairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud of

Happened me while we were validating and sent them an email saying I got confused with motorway speed limits as our's back at home was 120klms and I thought I was under the speed limit. Told them I would be happy to pay the fine and they waved the point on my licence.

Paddy
Old Feb 24th 2011, 10:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

pay up but explain youre on holiday... dont think they can put point on a uk license... not sure tho
Old Feb 24th 2011, 11:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Was a Londoner in Edinburgh... was a Jockney, now in Brisbane....I'm an ocker cockney
derren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Lisa Cameron
Hi,
We were on holiday over in Australia (Perth), returned home and found out my husband was speeding while using my brothers car out there, has anyone been in the same situation? Will he have to send his licence away? I know he'll have to pay a fine, just wondered was else?
Regards
Lisa
I don't see how they can. What are they going to do if you don't send it over?
Have you extradited. Reminds me of when I got a fine in Qld whilst on a WHV many years ago because the cop said that the tow bar on my car was obscuring my number plate. Well it was if you happened to be standing on your head. I gave him no lip whatsoever, very yes sir, no sir, three bags full sir but he was surly and arrogant and had a massive chip on his shoulder, so I felt quite justified in not paying it. Looks like I may have to spend a night in jail when I eventually move out there!
Old Feb 24th 2011, 12:15 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eddie007
pay up but explain youre on holiday... dont think they can put point on a uk license... not sure tho
They can't put points on a UK licence. Best to pay the fine though or it may well catch up with the OP if she applies for a visa in the future.
Old Feb 24th 2011, 7:14 pm
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute

My (ex) hubby got caught speeding while on holiday there back in 2004. The cop issued a speeding ticket and said that if we had no intentions of returning to Australia then don't bother paying the fine! But if we thought we would be back one day then it would be wise to pay otherwise it would catch up with us.
As we had intended to live there, he paid the fine. Just did it online. Simple.
Old Feb 24th 2011, 11:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

lonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond repute

Points can't be added to a UK licence as such, but I believe that some states (QLD???) will give foreginers a 'virtual' licence to which poiints are added.

If at some point you exchange your UK licence for a local one and the points on your virtual licence haven't expired they'll be added to your shiny new local drivers licence.

Cheers

Steve
Old Feb 25th 2011, 1:56 am
Rhino with a big horn!

Rambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond repute

Just to let you know that in most states if you are less than 10kph over and you have a good record then you can write them a letter saying you are really sorry and they'll just issue a caution (no point, no fine).
Old Feb 25th 2011, 2:50 am
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rambi
Just to let you know that in most states if you are less than 10kph over and you have a good record then you can write them a letter saying you are really sorry and they'll just issue a caution (no point, no fine).
Where did you get this info from ? Sounds to me like you've just made it up.
Old Feb 25th 2011, 3:01 am
BE Enthusiast

geordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond repute

Certainly not WA
Old Feb 25th 2011, 3:07 am
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by asprilla
Where did you get this info from ? Sounds to me like you've just made it up.
Check here for Victoria.
Old Feb 25th 2011, 3:33 am
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by roaringmouse
Thanks for that
Old Feb 25th 2011, 11:34 am
Rhino with a big horn!

Rambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by asprilla
Thanks for that
Maybe I didn't make it up

Last edited by Rambi; Feb 25th 2011 at 11:39 am.
Old Mar 17th 2011, 12:35 pm
Just Joined

Lisa Cameron is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

Thanks for advice.

Update....
we paid the fine, they sent a letter out here (UK) after my sister-in-law in Australia sent them our details, he was driving their car and wouldn't want them to take the points etc, only fair as he was driving, paid online, stated 4 points but never asked for his documents etc.

we are hoping to return and hopefully to live one day, not yet applied for Visa's etc, does that mean if we did move, he would get the points put onto his licence there?
Lisa

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.