Wikiposts

Speed Limits

Old Sep 29th 2011, 3:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Speed Limits

Originally Posted by spartacus
I think you can say flucking or ****ing but no, not ****ing
Oh apparently I can.

Last edited by moneypenny20; Sep 29th 2011 at 11:07 pm. Reason: Really????/
Old Sep 29th 2011, 3:09 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

I think you can say flucking or ****ing but no, not ****ing
Just because you can doesn't mean you should

Besides, think of the children.

No, not in that way.

Last edited by moneypenny20; Sep 29th 2011 at 11:07 pm. Reason: edited quote
Old Sep 29th 2011, 3:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim
Just because you can doesn't mean you should

Besides, think of the children.

No, not in that way.
You're right of course. It is the school holidays.
Old Sep 29th 2011, 3:15 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

You're right of course. It is the school holidays.
Yup they'll all be on here.

Facebook? What's that?
Old Sep 29th 2011, 3:23 pm
...giving optimism a go?!

DadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud of

In other news my wife got pinged yesterday!

The road in question was until recently (no excuse I know) a rough pot-holed dirt track, with sharp blind bends with a 60kmh limit. A recent bit of construction saw them repace the dirt track with a fresh smooth widened bitumen, straightened corners with clearer views - a HUGE improvement (lovely bit of road now, gentle sweeping bends, views across the bushland)

The speed limit change after this improvement in road safety? REDUCED to 50kmh....

Wife now has 4 points and we're $330 lighter.... (72 in a 50)
Old Sep 29th 2011, 3:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by DadAgain
http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/family_decals.png

In other news my wife got pinged yesterday!

The road in question was until recently (no excuse I know) a rough pot-holed dirt track, with sharp blind bends with a 60kmh limit. A recent bit of construction saw them repace the dirt track with a fresh smooth widened bitumen, straightened corners with clearer views - a HUGE improvement (lovely bit of road now, gentle sweeping bends, views across the bushland)

The speed limit change after this improvement in road safety? REDUCED to 50kmh....

Wife now has 4 points and we're $330 lighter.... (72 in a 50)
Bollocks . . . is that Gap Creek Road?
Old Sep 29th 2011, 4:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

In Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond repute

[URL]The speed limit change after this improvement in road safety? REDUCED to 50kmh....
that makes perfect australian sense.

Also, after all the advancements they've made in road vehicle safety in the last few years, maybe its high time they brought that down to 30.
Old Sep 29th 2011, 4:43 pm

DadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud of

Bollocks . . . is that Gap Creek Road?
Yep...

If current trends continue I estimate that in 40 years time cars will be capable of driving safely at 200kmh, roads will all be perfectly maintained 6 lanes in either directions with extensive gravel traps, run off areas and tire walls...
..and the law will compel us to drive no faster than 5kmh (and be backed up by cameras or handheld hairdrier radars every 200m)

The net effect of this will be? .... People will still crash more frequently as they further 'switch off' from the decreasingly demanding task of driving....
Old Sep 29th 2011, 4:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Yep...

If current trends continue I estimate that in 40 years time cars will be capable of driving safely at 200kmh, roads will all be perfectly maintained 6 lanes in either directions with extensive gravel traps, run off areas and tire walls...
..and the law will compel us to drive no faster than 5kmh (and be backed up by cameras or handheld hairdrier radars every 200m)

The net effect of this will be? .... People will still crash more frequently as they further 'switch off' from the decreasingly demanding task of driving....
I drove up it the other day, lots of traffic calming and speed humps, obviously there to placate the local NIMBY resident who opposed it being upgraded in the first place.
Old Sep 29th 2011, 5:25 pm

I drove up it the other day, lots of traffic calming and speed humps, obviously there to placate the local NIMBY resident who opposed it being upgraded in the first place.
The speed humps however, are the most gentle you've ever come across - you can glide over them at about 80kmh without troubling your car suspension. (or so I've heard ) - and the chicanes are great fun - they really add to the roads entertainment value. My kids seem to have developed a habit of singing, "Weeeeeee... Weeeeeee" as they sway gently from side to side going through them!

(..and the NIMBYs in question I'm sure were all on the Kenmore side - trying to stop us 'Gappies' from having a pleasant drive to the shops at Indooroopilly and wanting us instead to join the already horrendous traffic fuckup that is Bardon! )

Last edited by DadAgain; Sep 29th 2011 at 5:31 pm.