Speed Cameras

Old Jun 8th 2007, 6:21 am
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Speed Cameras

Originally Posted by Siren & Brian
Not 100% sure but I think that if two cars side by side in photo that neither will get a ticket.
Really. Hope so. Looks like i will have to wait months though to find out.
Old Jun 8th 2007, 6:30 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulrachel
Really. Hope so. Looks like i will have to wait months though to find out.
Well I heard it on Talkback radio only a few days ago from one of the top cops in WA.
Old Jun 8th 2007, 6:34 am

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by andrew63
As far as I know, in the UK it is a given that your speedo can be 5% out and the police camera can be 5% out thus you can typically get away with 10% over the speed limit.

Over here, they can fine you for doing 102 kmh in a 100 limit. You are very welcome to contest the accuracy of your speedo and/or the police camera in Court. Smart eh!

I personally know how to outsmart the police and their sneaky revenue raising hidden camera tactics - I stick to the speed limit!

That makes me smarter!

Andrew
I'm not questioning your logic Andrew, for me the best way of avoiding the fine is not to speed ... but ...

Given the 5% error margin on the speedo and 5% on the gun then how do you know you are sticking to the limit? Surely the only safe course of action is to do 10% below the limit?

This begs the question, are speedos (not budgie smugglers!)/guns calibrated more strictly in Oz compared to the UK?
Old Jun 8th 2007, 6:35 am

Not 100% sure but I think that if two cars side by side in photo that neither will get a ticket.
I've just spotted a gap in the market for side-car-cars ... coming soon to a Supercheap near you ...
Old Jun 8th 2007, 6:37 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Vim Fuego
I've just spotted a gap in the market for side-car-cars ... coming soon to a Supercheap near you ...
Gonna need bigger roads
Old Jun 8th 2007, 6:45 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

When I'm using TomTom, once I am going faster than 60, the speedo on the car is different from the speed shown on tomtom. Would tomx2 be more correct than the car? It's what I assume anyway.
Old Jun 8th 2007, 6:53 am

Originally Posted by moneypen20
When I'm using TomTom, once I am going faster than 60, the speedo on the car is different from the speed shown on tomtom. Would tomx2 be more correct than the car? It's what I assume anyway.
TomTom? I still navigate by the stars ... it's got me into some awful scrapes I can tell you (like the time I followed that comet, how we laughed) ... and I tend to be a nocturnal creature.

Gut feeling? I'd say GPS + more technology than the shuttle = more accurate than speedo. BUT is it straight line speed averaged over a period of time? These questions need to be answered ... or not
Old Jun 8th 2007, 7:34 am
BE Enthusiast

leigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud of

I have been lucky so far....apart from yesterday, got flashed by a camera for the first time in a year in OZ...

What will happen now? how many points will i get? and how much will the fine be?

I was doing 75km in a 70km area.
Don't worry about it, they'll see you were the nice person that handed $400 to their fund the other day & let you off
Old Jun 8th 2007, 7:37 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vim Fuego
TomTom? I still navigate by the stars ... it's got me into some awful scrapes I can tell you (like the time I followed that comet, how we laughed) ... and I tend to be a nocturnal creature.

Gut feeling? I'd say GPS + more technology than the shuttle = more accurate than speedo. BUT is it straight line speed averaged over a period of time? These questions need to be answered ... or not
You must have come unstuck when you got down here. Frantically looking for the north star
Old Jun 8th 2007, 8:06 am
Forum Regular

kmtsst has a brilliant futurekmtsst has a brilliant futurekmtsst has a brilliant futurekmtsst has a brilliant futurekmtsst has a brilliant futurekmtsst has a brilliant future

thats what my sis told me but if the car on the outside is quite a bit in front then they will get the ticket.But how far is quite a bit suppopse it depends what type of mood the guy looking at the photos in
Old Jun 8th 2007, 9:56 am
BE Enthusiast

lonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond repute

I (currently) have 3 points on my UK driving licence.

Does anybody know if these will be transferred to my Australian dirving licence when we move, or do I get to start with a clean slate?

Cheers

LG
Old Jun 8th 2007, 10:03 am
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by lonndongeek
I (currently) have 3 points on my UK driving licence.

Does anybody know if these will be transferred to my Australian dirving licence when we move, or do I get to start with a clean slate?

Cheers

LG
OH had points on his licence coming over and he got a clean licence over here
Tracie

Last edited by breezeboylan; Jun 8th 2007 at 10:15 am.
Old Jun 8th 2007, 10:11 am
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

I have been lucky so far....apart from yesterday, got flashed by a camera for the first time in a year in OZ...

What will happen now? how many points will i get? and how much will the fine be?

good job you don't live in Noosa - hubby would get ya!
Attached Thumbnails Speed Cameras-mark-alexworkinghard-.jpg  
Old Jun 9th 2007, 8:51 am
youngy73

youngy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond repute

the wife had a woman in tears today. she clocked her at 112 kms in a 60 zone. $700 fine and automatic 6 month licence suspension. traffic branch show no mercy.
Old Jun 9th 2007, 8:57 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by youngy73
the wife had a woman in tears today. she clocked her at 112 kms in a 60 zone. $700 fine and automatic 6 month licence suspension. traffic branch show no mercy.
Very harsh, no mercy shown there

(whats that on your Avatar, are my eyes blurred)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.