Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Special Needs Children

Special Needs Children

Old Oct 19th 2005, 7:38 pm
Just Joined

lizzyN is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Special Needs Children

My family and i are thinking of relocating to Oz, the only problem we seem to have is that we have heard that it would be near impossible to do as our daughter has Special Needs. Our daughter is 8 years old and has Downs Syndrome, she requires no treatment apart from Speach and Language which i would presume other children also have to have. Any help or information recieved on this matter would be gratefully appreciated. Thanks
Old Oct 19th 2005, 9:04 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Special Needs Children

Originally Posted by lizzyN
My family and i are thinking of relocating to Oz, the only problem we seem to have is that we have heard that it would be near impossible to do as our daughter has Special Needs. Our daughter is 8 years old and has Downs Syndrome, she requires no treatment apart from Speach and Language which i would presume other children also have to have. Any help or information recieved on this matter would be gratefully appreciated. Thanks
Hi Lizzy.

I don't know much about the medicals. You say there are no health problems with her, I would hope that would go in your favour.

Might be worth checking either with an agent, I think there is one agent that deals with health related problems/issues.

I can't remember his name but George Lombard might know, he hangs out in the Aussie Immigration forum on the site.

I always think Downs children are so special and are underestimated in life.

They are exceptionally bright children and I really hope you get to where you want to be so your wonderful girl can experience something truly fantastic.

I have cared for children with DS before and it was one of the nicest areas ever.

I am doing my learning disability nursing training at the moment and if I can find anything out to help you then I will let you know.

You give your little girl a hug from me.

Love Sam