Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sparks required in Mackay

Sparks required in Mackay

Old Nov 17th 2005, 10:41 am
BE Enthusiast

ossigeno has a brilliant futureossigeno has a brilliant futureossigeno has a brilliant futureossigeno has a brilliant futureossigeno has a brilliant futureossigeno has a brilliant future
Default Sparks required in Mackay

A work colleague just returned from a visit to Mackay, Queensland. Jobs for sparks were been advertised at $130k per annum. Seems to be a shortage up there and plenty of constuction work going on. Obviously do your own research before making a decision but it might be worth a look.
Old Nov 17th 2005, 11:12 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sparks required in Mackay

Originally Posted by ossigeno
A work colleague just returned from a visit to Mackay, Queensland. Jobs for sparks were been advertised at $130k per annum. Seems to be a shortage up there and plenty of constuction work going on. Obviously do your own research before making a decision but it might be worth a look.
only thing is Mackay is a shite hole
Old Nov 17th 2005, 12:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond repute

Any idea who to contact??

Due you reckon its FIFO??

Cheers
Old Nov 17th 2005, 10:09 pm
Forum Regular

Latona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ossigeno
hi ,would be interested in your colleagues opinion of mackay if poss,as we are going out on an sir visa and mackay is one of our options .any info would be great many thanks
peter.
Old Nov 18th 2005, 11:47 am

Originally Posted by Latona
hi ,would be interested in your colleagues opinion of mackay if poss,as we are going out on an sir visa and mackay is one of our options .any info would be great many thanks
peter.

Mackay itself is a shit hole.......surrounding areas a little better...yes there r plenty jobs there but the housing is expensive..........and it is not only very touristy but is a huge industrial area
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 10:44 pm
Forum Regular

Latona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by biggy
Mackay itself is a shit hole.......surrounding areas a little better...yes there r plenty jobs there but the housing is expensive..........and it is not only very touristy but is a huge industrial area

thanks for the info and your opinion ,was hoping to hear its great ,best place ever but we know its not going to be an easy ride
thanks again
peter / denise
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 11:09 pm

Originally Posted by Latona
thanks for the info and your opinion ,was hoping to hear its great ,best place ever but we know its not going to be an easy ride
thanks again
peter / denise

that was only my opinion.....ther is another thread about Mackay...others love it so dont just go on what I said....just wasnt for me.

perhaps we just saw the wrong parts of it......it is a city after all, wasnt impressed by the CBD I will look for other thread
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 11:11 pm

Originally Posted by biggy
that was only my opinion.....ther is another thread about Mackay...others love it so dont just go on what I said....just wasnt for me.

perhaps we just saw the wrong parts of it......it is a city after all, wasnt impressed by the CBD I will look for other thread

here u go http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=338744