Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

spanner in the works - maybe?

spanner in the works - maybe?

Old Oct 7th 2005, 7:49 pm
Forum Regular

marcbolam is a jewel in the roughmarcbolam is a jewel in the roughmarcbolam is a jewel in the roughmarcbolam is a jewel in the roughmarcbolam is a jewel in the rough
Default spanner in the works - maybe?

just received an email from my agent with a request from the DIMIA asking for

- a company organogram from past and present employers with my position / upward reporting positions and who i was responsible for
- further detailed employment references - as if the ones i submitted werent an extreme struggle and were very detailed to the letter of what i did and used etc.. as per the TRA requirement
- detailed duty statements from my exisiting emplyer for a 2 year period and signed by the company CEO or legal representative? they dont want much do they, but my company is a multinational and the CEO or legal rep. wont have a scooby doo what i do.

this has put a bit of dent in my confidence in getting things sorted in the current timeline norm, but "i will not let the bastards grind me down!"

anyway, enough said. anyone else had a similiar spanner in the works?
cheers.
Old Oct 7th 2005, 7:52 pm
Happy Member

kris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: spanner in the works - maybe?

No, no spanners for us yet our application has only just been sent!!

Good Luck hope you get everything you need !!

Kris xx
Old Oct 7th 2005, 7:55 pm

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by marcbolam
just received an email from my agent with a request from the DIMIA asking for

- a company organogram from past and present employers with my position / upward reporting positions and who i was responsible for
- further detailed employment references - as if the ones i submitted werent an extreme struggle and were very detailed to the letter of what i did and used etc.. as per the TRA requirement
- detailed duty statements from my exisiting emplyer for a 2 year period and signed by the company CEO or legal representative? they dont want much do they, but my company is a multinational and the CEO or legal rep. wont have a scooby doo what i do.

this has put a bit of dent in my confidence in getting things sorted in the current timeline norm, but "i will not let the bastards grind me down!"

cheers.
Similar to what was asked of us except now that husband is self-employed they not only want all that stuff from his last employed job but also audited accounts and tax returns etc. Sent it all off on Wednesday.

Good luck to you.

Anne
Old Oct 7th 2005, 7:59 pm
Forum Regular

marcbolam is a jewel in the roughmarcbolam is a jewel in the roughmarcbolam is a jewel in the roughmarcbolam is a jewel in the roughmarcbolam is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Anne4Terry
Similar to what was asked of us except now that husband is self-employed they not only want all that stuff from his last employed job but also audited accounts and tax returns etc. Sent it all off on Wednesday.

Good luck to you.

Anne
anne4terry,
thanks for the reply. in astrange way it makes you think that theyre picking fault - did you feel the same?

after all that work in getting the original documents sorted, i need this like a hole in the head.

good luck to you also.
Old Oct 7th 2005, 8:43 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

cheers.

Hi marc just emailed you mate

regards

steve
Old Oct 8th 2005, 1:21 am
BE Enthusiast

BenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond repute

Mark - I didn't use an agent but was expected to supply the same thing. I kinda cheated. I sent a letter with my application explaining that as I worked on projects and the organisation of these projects was forever changing with multiple dotted reprting lines etc the charts were no longer available. I then talked one of my former bosses into giving me a 'personal' reference explaining my duties (that way it was nothing to do with the company's official viewpoint) but done on company headed notepaper.

My company official reference simply stated mny name, job role and employment dates (I guess they missed rank and serial number). So I also explained in this letter that ion the UK this is all companies are legally able to ive in a reference.

And we've been living in Melboiurne on permanent visas for the last 6 months - so I must have provided them with enough info.

Hiope this helps - you should ask your agent for some help here - I mean what else are you paying them for?

Pam.
Old Oct 8th 2005, 7:25 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BenandPam
Mark - I didn't use an agent but was expected to supply the same thing. I kinda cheated. I sent a letter with my application explaining that as I worked on projects and the organisation of these projects was forever changing with multiple dotted reprting lines etc the charts were no longer available. I then talked one of my former bosses into giving me a 'personal' reference explaining my duties (that way it was nothing to do with the company's official viewpoint) but done on company headed notepaper.

My company official reference simply stated mny name, job role and employment dates (I guess they missed rank and serial number). So I also explained in this letter that ion the UK this is all companies are legally able to ive in a reference.

And we've been living in Melboiurne on permanent visas for the last 6 months - so I must have provided them with enough info.

Hiope this helps - you should ask your agent for some help here - I mean what else are you paying them for?

Pam.
pam,
thanks for the reply. i did send all the info as you have described. i sent my last 3 employers requests for references. they sent back what you have stated plus an actual detailed job description and duties. my other 2 firms went bust so i even sent official companies house documentation stating the fact. i simply cant understand what the additional info is needed for. i am now wondering if the info was sent as i sent it to my agent in the first place, because i made every effort to follow to the letter exactly what the agent needed on behalf of the DIMIA. i thought all the shitty paperwork chase had come to an end!!

never mind, i will do as they ask and see what happens. it is a bit of a ball ache going down the same road again though. i am speaking to my agent on Monday and wil be asking a few questions.
ps. hows Melbourne?
Old Oct 8th 2005, 9:41 pm
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by marcbolam
pam,
thanks for the reply. i did send all the info as you have described. i sent my last 3 employers requests for references. they sent back what you have stated plus an actual detailed job description and duties. my other 2 firms went bust so i even sent official companies house documentation stating the fact. i simply cant understand what the additional info is needed for. i am now wondering if the info was sent as i sent it to my agent in the first place, because i made every effort to follow to the letter exactly what the agent needed on behalf of the DIMIA. i thought all the shitty paperwork chase had come to an end!!

never mind, i will do as they ask and see what happens. it is a bit of a ball ache going down the same road again though. i am speaking to my agent on Monday and wil be asking a few questions.
ps. hows Melbourne?
Marc,
I thinks it's all about the paperwork

It must be hell

Bye
Mark
Old Oct 8th 2005, 10:30 pm
visa granted 16/5/06

soonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
Good luck keep your chin up! can't understand why they would ask for more info if the TRA passed you? are you doing a different job to the one assessed by TRA? (sorry to be thick but what is organogram???I copied and pasted from your post!! ) keep us posted on how you get on, as I say good luck I think they seem very picky??
Old Oct 9th 2005, 4:03 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by soonbethere
Hi
Good luck keep your chin up! can't understand why they would ask for more info if the TRA passed you? are you doing a different job to the one assessed by TRA? (sorry to be thick but what is organogram???I copied and pasted from your post!! ) keep us posted on how you get on, as I say good luck I think they seem very picky??
soonbethere,

been trying to determine why they may ask for more info all weekend - bloody sad i know but there you go. after passing the TRA as a general electrician(this being myy time served trade) in May 2005, i am actually employed as a contract engineer but in the same industry, electrical installation services. i was in this position when being assessed for the TRA and yu may have a point as the cntract engineer role is basically a natural progession of promotion from electrician as i was until June 2003, then i was a supervisor (still working as a spark but with more responsibility) then onto my current position as contract engineer (this is more of a contract / project management position looking after supervisors / electricians and ultimately clients) i do get my hands dirty on occassons as its a needs must industry. Still this career progression in the UK cannot or should not be seen as insufficient in the eyes of the DIMIA - i thought they were looking for quality tradesmen???

i'm as puzzled as a the next man.

ps. an organogram is a page of boxes with lines connecting these from the top of the page to the bottom - these show the chain of command.

basically, from the chiefs at the top, to the indians at the bottom.

Last edited by marcbolam; Oct 9th 2005 at 4:12 pm.
Old Oct 9th 2005, 4:16 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soonbethere
Hi

i too cannot understand why DIMIA ask for more information once the skills assessment has been passed. prospective migrants usually get their letter off past employers by begging/stealing/borrowing, it is no mean feat.

so, if and when DIMIA ask for more information from past/present employers, what more can be given (if indeed will be given, as i know one of our past employers (the one where hubbie served his apprenticeship), were not too happen to give what they did in the first place!!). they refused to do it at first, and then said they would, but it wasnt great. we had to explain in the stat dec that the letter was all we could get off them

i hope you get what you need and that DIMIA are happy with what you have sent them.