Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Spanish Speakers

Spanish Speakers

Old Jul 24th 2007, 8:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Gjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Spanish Speakers

Originally Posted by rossifumi
Scorchio.
eh fa fa fa eh fa fa fa fa Chris Waddle Damn I miss good comedy shows here........
Old Jul 24th 2007, 4:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really nice

Interesting thread. I live in Aruba, a small Caribbean island and my daughter who is four speaks 4 languages - one of which is Spanish. We are hoping to move to Auz in early 2009 and I was hoping there was the opportunity for her to continue speaking her Spanish as I know that if she doesn't use it, she will loose it. Looks like there may be a chance.....

Interesting......

Nix
Old Jul 24th 2007, 4:12 pm
Forum Regular

Wilso16 is just really niceWilso16 is just really niceWilso16 is just really niceWilso16 is just really niceWilso16 is just really niceWilso16 is just really niceWilso16 is just really niceWilso16 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Emiric
Could anyone tell me is there much demand for lessons in Spanish?
Also is there much of a community of south American people in Oz?
I am hoping to maybe start doing a language when I arrive in Brisbane and was thinking of doing Spainish. Thought it might help to make friends!
Old Jul 24th 2007, 6:31 pm
Forum Regular

Emiric is a glorious beacon of lightEmiric is a glorious beacon of lightEmiric is a glorious beacon of lightEmiric is a glorious beacon of lightEmiric is a glorious beacon of lightEmiric is a glorious beacon of lightEmiric is a glorious beacon of lightEmiric is a glorious beacon of lightEmiric is a glorious beacon of lightEmiric is a glorious beacon of lightEmiric is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by debsy
Hi
Are you a Spanish teacher or are you referring to private conversation lessons?
Both Griffith and Bond Uni on the GC offer Spanish so I am sure there would be a demand it.
Private conversation was thinking for my wife...she would like to teach spanish then maybe become part time teacher..Was thinking around W/A
Old Jul 24th 2007, 6:35 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

El bollox o to this conversation o,just answer the damn question !!!!:curse:
Old Jul 24th 2007, 7:06 pm
Forum Regular

Emiric is a glorious beacon of lightEmiric is a glorious beacon of lightEmiric is a glorious beacon of lightEmiric is a glorious beacon of lightEmiric is a glorious beacon of lightEmiric is a glorious beacon of lightEmiric is a glorious beacon of lightEmiric is a glorious beacon of lightEmiric is a glorious beacon of lightEmiric is a glorious beacon of lightEmiric is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Nix and Mike
Interesting thread. I live in Aruba, a small Caribbean island and my daughter who is four speaks 4 languages - one of which is Spanish. We are hoping to move to Auz in early 2009 and I was hoping there was the opportunity for her to continue speaking her Spanish as I know that if she doesn't use it, she will loose it. Looks like there may be a chance.....

Interesting......

Nix
Can i ask why your leaving Aruba sounds ideal...
Old Jul 24th 2007, 7:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really nice

Aruba is amazing - a wonderful lifestyle. But we need to think about the future....be responsible. And there are two key problems for us:
1. The permits here are annually renewable agfter 7 years, we still do not have permanent residency, let alone citizenship. And that concerns us for the long term future. We are not getting younger and I do not want to invest everything here only to be told to leave years down the line. And that is a possibility.
2. The primary education system is AMAZING!!! Really amazing. But the secondary is questionable, and the tertiary is an off island activity. When we came here, we did not have a child (she is now 4) and we need to think about her future.......
So, time to think about where we will spend the rest of our life (we are South Africans) and Aus is the natural fit.

Nix
Old Jul 24th 2007, 11:11 pm
Made the move -

Fiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NedKelly
entonces, dos cervezas por favor!
ok, here you go
Old Jul 24th 2007, 11:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

mbike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting......

Nix
If you are heading for Perth, this association is a good staring point.

http://www.geocities.com/bilingualfamilies/

Mark
Old Jul 25th 2007, 5:26 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mbike
If you are heading for Perth, this association is a good staring point.

http://www.geocities.com/bilingualfamilies/

Mark
Many thanks ill give that a try...
Old Jul 25th 2007, 10:39 pm
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

Ohhhhh, not about sub woofers after all.
Old Jul 27th 2007, 8:44 am
sunshinesarah

sunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud of

Interesting......

Nix
Bit of a diversion on the thread but I give French lessons. Thought there would be no demand for it here on the Sunshine Coast as it's only really taught in the private schools. Put a little notice on the village notice board in January and I now have 5 clients!! - all of whom are adults. They're all learning for different reasons but I'm chuffed at the response as it keeps me fluent.

Sunshine Sarah
Old Jul 27th 2007, 8:52 am
BE Forum Addict

NedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sunshinesarah
Bit of a diversion on the thread but I give French lessons. Thought there would be no demand for it here on the Sunshine Coast as it's only really taught in the private schools. Put a little notice on the village notice board in January and I now have 5 clients!! - all of whom are adults. They're all learning for different reasons but I'm chuffed at the response as it keeps me fluent.

Sunshine Sarah
Everyone should learn how to speak the language of their natural enemies.
Old Jul 28th 2007, 12:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

olauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by sunshinesarah

Sunshine Sarah

Hi Sarah
Do you need to register to deliver private tuition.
I also speak and write French and I might want to do the same thing here in Perth? but i don't have any uni qualification to teach this language..

Karen
Old Aug 7th 2007, 1:17 am
sunshinesarah

sunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by olauf
Hi Sarah
Do you need to register to deliver private tuition.
I also speak and write French and I might want to do the same thing here in Perth? but i don't have any uni qualification to teach this language..

Karen
Hi Karen
Sorry for the delay in replying.
I have no idea if you need to register to teach privately - I haven't. I don't have a teaching qualification but my degree is in Business Studies with French and people don't seem to have any problem with that. It boils down to if they feel comfortable with me and are learning well.
Good luck

Sunshine Sarah

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.