Southport QLD??

Old May 3rd 2008, 9:23 pm
Forum Regular

Claire Bear is just really niceClaire Bear is just really niceClaire Bear is just really niceClaire Bear is just really niceClaire Bear is just really niceClaire Bear is just really niceClaire Bear is just really niceClaire Bear is just really niceClaire Bear is just really niceClaire Bear is just really niceClaire Bear is just really nice
Smile Southport QLD??

Hi every one.

Just wondered if anyone has any opinions on what Southport is like on the whole? Just trying to get some ideas as getting a lil bit closer to finding out where me and OH can both work. Thanks Claire
Old May 3rd 2008, 10:26 pm

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Southport QLD??

Originally Posted by Claire Bear
Hi every one.

Just wondered if anyone has any opinions on what Southport is like on the whole? Just trying to get some ideas as getting a lil bit closer to finding out where me and OH can both work. Thanks Claire
Claire you hit the nail on the head, except you added an unneccesary 'W'!!!

Just my opinion of course, but can't even bear to visit the place for a day trip, it's that bad!
Old May 3rd 2008, 10:30 pm
Forum Regular

Claire Bear is just really niceClaire Bear is just really niceClaire Bear is just really niceClaire Bear is just really niceClaire Bear is just really niceClaire Bear is just really niceClaire Bear is just really niceClaire Bear is just really niceClaire Bear is just really niceClaire Bear is just really niceClaire Bear is just really nice
Smile Re: Southport QLD??

Originally Posted by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer
Claire you hit the nail on the head, except you added an unneccesary 'W'!!!

Just my opinion of course, but can't even bear to visit the place for a day trip, it's that bad!
Oh so its nice then. Thanks for the tip, whys it such a HOLE then?
Old May 3rd 2008, 10:31 pm
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

Hi every one.

We've got friends who live in a really nice quiet street in Southport. Its only a 5min drive to the beach, and whenever we are down that way, I'm always a bit jealous !

Having said that - there are lots of dodgy areas in Southport, and lots of dodgy characters too. It always seems to pop up on the news.

http://www.goldcoast.qld.gov.au/atta.../southport.pdf

Also go here and in the search-box at the top right, type "southport"
http://www.police.qld.gov.au/News+an...edia+Releases/

Hopefully you'll get a few responses from people that live in/nearby the area,
cheers
Old May 3rd 2008, 10:32 pm

Oh so its nice then. Thanks for the tip, whys it such a HOLE then?
Crime, drunks, bums, degenerates, ho's, yadda yadda yadda!
Old May 3rd 2008, 10:39 pm
Forum Regular

Ok cheers for the input
Old May 4th 2008, 1:31 am
Decreased member

Carbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer
Crime, drunks, bums, degenerates, ho's, yadda yadda yadda!

A little bit OTT but I tend to agree. The feel to Southport does seem to be different to many GC suburbs - this might be because there is a TAFE in central Southport with lots of students 'hanging around', the shops have an inner city feel to them also the main watchouse is situated there. That being said the position only a few minutes from the Boardwater, Spit & beaches do make up for some downsides.
Old May 4th 2008, 3:42 am
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Carbery
A little bit OTT but I tend to agree. The feel to Southport does seem to be different to many GC suburbs - this might be because there is a TAFE in central Southport with lots of students 'hanging around', the shops have an inner city feel to them also the main watchouse is situated there. That being said the position only a few minutes from the Boardwater, Spit & beaches do make up for some downsides.
and saying that Robina is Milton Keynes isn't

Southport does have the busiest Police Station on the Gold Coast, which says something!!!
Old May 4th 2008, 5:30 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I guess it depends on what you want. There are lovely areas of Southport and it's going through major cleanup/renovations to appeal to all types of people but appears to be being marketed for the young singles with a bit of money. You'd get a fair amount for your money and be right in the centre of things. Yes there are some not so great bits and Southport High is not the greatest of schools but again it's improving and let's face it, if there was a choice between Southport, QLD and Southport, UK I know where I'd rather live.
Old May 4th 2008, 6:52 am
BE Enthusiast

chris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud of

From moneypen,"let's face it, if there was a choice between Southport, QLD and Southport, UK I know where I'd rather live."

yeah me too,

Perth

or anywhere without scousers................................
ONLY JOKING
Old May 4th 2008, 7:56 am

Originally Posted by moneypen20
I guess it depends on what you want. There are lovely areas of Southport and it's going through major cleanup/renovations to appeal to all types of people but appears to be being marketed for the young singles with a bit of money. You'd get a fair amount for your money and be right in the centre of things. Yes there are some not so great bits and Southport High is not the greatest of schools but again it's improving and let's face it, if there was a choice between Southport, QLD and Southport, UK I know where I'd rather live.
Hell yeah!!!!
Old May 4th 2008, 10:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Hi every one.

I don't like Southport either, it's really scruffy I haven't come across any nice parts of it! oh yes forgot the bit by the sea's ok
Old May 4th 2008, 11:09 am
Jan4kids

Jan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond repute

Yes Southport IS a bit rough and ready, but that gives it a spark of life. I have seen more weird people there than alot of places I've been in Australia LOL!.... but then again it makes for a colourful enviroment.

Choose your road/house well and I reckon you could be onto a winner. The area can only go up, the 'high rise tide' has to spread somewhere and the parkland/playground on the foreshore is having some major money pumped into it.

The Shops are fantastic, even if the 'Australia Fair' shopping centre is somewhat tired (especially from the exterior) There's a good selection of cheap and expensive and I particularly like the way that the shops outside feel alot like an English High Street. I prefer shopping here to many of the other look a like indoor centres....although keep a careful eye on my bag at all times

Can't report on the schools, but I have heard some bad things about the High School

The Vast Gold Coast Hospital is on your doorstep and glorious beaches within a 20 minute walk/5 minute drive.

It's very much a come and have a look around when you get here kind of a situation.....sorry

I can take some snaps next week if you like?
Old May 4th 2008, 12:15 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jan3kids
Yes Southport IS a bit rough and ready, but that gives it a spark of life. I have seen more weird people there than alot of places I've been in Australia LOL!.... but then again it makes for a colourful enviroment.

Choose your road/house well and I reckon you could be onto a winner. The area can only go up, the 'high rise tide' has to spread somewhere and the parkland/playground on the foreshore is having some major money pumped into it.

The Shops are fantastic, even if the 'Australia Fair' shopping centre is somewhat tired (especially from the exterior) There's a good selection of cheap and expensive and I particularly like the way that the shops outside feel alot like an English High Street. I prefer shopping here to many of the other look a like indoor centres....although keep a careful eye on my bag at all times

Can't report on the schools, but I have heard some bad things about the High School

The Vast Gold Coast Hospital is on your doorstep and glorious beaches within a 20 minute walk/5 minute drive.

It's very much a come and have a look around when you get here kind of a situation.....sorry

I can take some snaps next week if you like?
Thanks that would be really good. I think ur right, were startin to realise u cant really get a feel for a place just by lookin on the net, and are gonna have to have a good look when we can actually come over there.
Old Jul 9th 2008, 4:40 pm
Banned

Keith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond repute

I liked Southport. I like the rough lived in feel, probably because i have lived and grew up in a city which many on here would probably never want to visit.

From Coventry to Southport, is like winning the lotto for me, but if you come from a more desireable part of the UK, and want the lifestyle for the kids then maybe Southport is not for you.

But me, i like a beer, will probably drive a taxi, maybe do some security work or something, it cannot be any worse than back here at present.

I will give Southport a go, if i lose a limb, i will come back on here and let you know!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.