Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Southall Travel - anyone used them?

Southall Travel - anyone used them?

Old May 6th 2007, 3:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

DianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud of
Default Southall Travel - anyone used them?

Hi all,
I was just looking at booking flights from UK to Melbourne and Southall Travel are offering a flight 100 pound cheaper than all the other companies I've looked at for the time I want to go.
I've rung them, got the details and it definitely is the priced as advertised.
But it seems too good to be true!
Has anyone booked through them? Are they trustworthy?
Thanks
Dianne
Old May 6th 2007, 3:13 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Southall Travel - anyone used them?

Originally Posted by DianneH68
Hi all,
I was just looking at booking flights from UK to Melbourne and Southall Travel are offering a flight 100 pound cheaper than all the other companies I've looked at for the time I want to go.
Thanks
Dianne
Is it a reputable airline? Thats probably more important than the travel agent flogging it.
Old May 6th 2007, 3:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

DianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud of

No probs with the airline - Qantas - but I worry about the agent messing up the booking/printing wrong name on tix etc.
I've googled them and there have been a few complains but often you don't know if it's the customer who messed up or the agent!
I'm more likely to trust what people on here say!
Old May 6th 2007, 4:17 pm
Former Resident Visa

Jaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond repute

No probs with the airline - Qantas - but I worry about the agent messing up the booking/printing wrong name on tix etc.
I've googled them and there have been a few complains but often you don't know if it's the customer who messed up or the agent!
I'm more likely to trust what people on here say!
If you don't find anyone who has used them you could print off the quote and go into Thomas Cook or a high street travel agent and see if they will price match. My friend works at Thompsons and they do this all the time.
J x
Old May 6th 2007, 5:55 pm
Forum Regular

Neelam is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,
Thanks
Dianne
Yes, they are trustworthy - i would buy it, i have in the past. Go to their office in Southall (London) and do it face to face.
Old May 6th 2007, 6:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

joeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud of

We went through southhall travel, when we went to Brisbane last month. Everything went like clockwork,no complaints at all. They got us flights with Singapore airlines,cheaper then any one else.

John.
Old May 7th 2007, 1:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Cool, thanks people.
I'm less worried now anyway because Asda seem to have the same flight available at a similar fare, so I'm sure it's legit.
I'm amazed by the price difference between the usual suspects (Austravel, Travelbag etc) and these 'smaller' agents though.
All the bigger companies are offering this particular flight with Qantas at between 750 and 800 pounds.
Asda and Southall have it at 620
That's a huge difference.
Old May 7th 2007, 5:50 pm
Just Joined

Lainey is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi just wanted to let you know we used them when we went to dubai a couple of years back & everything went smoothly no probs at all.