Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

South Wales meet up......By Yur!

South Wales meet up......By Yur!

Old Sep 30th 2003, 8:52 pm
Nov 27th 2003: Brisbane

BrisbaneBrummie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default South Wales meet up......By Yur!

Isn't it wasn't it.......LOL......

Ok.....

The Birmingham meet up and the thread to introduce yourself has thrown up the idea of a few of us down here in the Valleys getting together.

So, how about it.......

First things first, just say where your from for now, dates and stuff can come into it if this thread actually generates enough interested parties.

I'll start the ball rolling here:

I'm Trevor, 33, a Brummie living in Neath. My girlfriend is Sera which is short for Seraphim, she is from Brisbane, and we have been together since last November when I went to Brisbane to see England v Australia in the fiirst ashes test. She came here at the beginning of the year to live with me, and we are in Love Big time! (ahhhhhh aint that sweet!)

We are returning to Brisbane on November 25th.

So, lets get it on!

Old Sep 30th 2003, 9:12 pm
WBB

Default Re: South Wales meet up......By Yur!

Originally posted by BrisbaneBrummie
Isn't it wasn't it.......LOL......

We are returning to Brisbane on November 25th.

So, lets get it on!

you lucky fu£$er novermer 25th

my application is not going in untill january, but we hope to leave in may/june

good idea for a meet though trev, as you know im from port talbot and wrok weird 12 hour shifts but i would love to arrange a meet/piss up.

Old Oct 1st 2003, 8:48 am

I did 12 hour shifts last year for the best part of 10 months......occasionally working 7 day weeks too......I know how difficult it is......

Whether we get a group together or not, we'll defo meet up for a couple of jars WBB.

I know there are more of us here in South Wales.......just need to Bump this occasionally.

As Jasper Carrott once said, " I know your out there, I can hear you breathing!"

LOL
Old Oct 1st 2003, 8:52 am
Homeward Bound

spuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond repute

Shmae mate!
I'm here, I'm here! And being a true Taff always up for a beer or 6 !!

I am Emma, 24 from Penarth and my husband, Neil, 38 and I are off to Oz on Oct 18th, sadly not with PR but in an effort to try it out while we wait the long wait!

That doesn't leave very much time to arrange a meeting but if anyone has any dates then I will certainly try to be there - with corks on.

Em.
Old Oct 1st 2003, 9:04 am

Fair play to you Emma......going out there to see what it's like. I hope you have a great time.......maybe we'll be able to have that get together as a group before you go, who knows!

How long are you out there for, where you going?
Old Oct 1st 2003, 9:11 am
Homeward Bound

spuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond repute

Hello,
We are off to Melbourne and are soooooooooooo excited. We are actually hoping to stay until our visa comes through (my agent assurers me it should be through in the next few months but I won't hold my breath!) so could be anything up to a year but hopefully PR will be through by then!

My brother has just flown out on a working holiday visa too - should land on Fri he is staying with a friend and I also have a great mate in Melbourne so hopefully settling in shouldn't be too bad - can't be as bad as the bloody packing anyway!

I am not trying to gloat but am v excited and my friends are sick of my talking about it but this is where we are staying for the first few months -
http://www.rent-a-home.com.au/proper...ropertyID=1394

What do you think?
Em.
Old Oct 1st 2003, 9:30 am

Looks really nice! dont apologise for being excited! Most of us are!

Good luck! and keep your eye on this thread! LOL

Trev
Old Oct 1st 2003, 9:31 am
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by emmahafryn
Hello,
We are off to Melbourne and are soooooooooooo excited. We are actually hoping to stay until our visa comes through (my agent assurers me it should be through in the next few months but I won't hold my breath!) so could be anything up to a year but hopefully PR will be through by then!

My brother has just flown out on a working holiday visa too - should land on Fri he is staying with a friend and I also have a great mate in Melbourne so hopefully settling in shouldn't be too bad - can't be as bad as the bloody packing anyway!

I am not trying to gloat but am v excited and my friends are sick of my talking about it but this is where we are staying for the first few months -
http://www.rent-a-home.com.au/proper...ropertyID=1394

What do you think?
Em.
Hi Emma!

Good luck, hope everything works out for you. Your accomodation looks nice....that web site looks like it may come in handy for me and my brood for when we arrive in melb next year!!
Old Oct 1st 2003, 9:48 am
Homeward Bound

Artep, it's great!

You can arrange everything over the net and then look forward to your new accommodation when you get there! They are really professional and efficient too.

Good luck.
Old Oct 1st 2003, 11:04 am
Forum Regular

Location: From Port Talbot, South Wales to Ascot Vale, Melbourne
jonah66 is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool

Well ... G'day to you all!

We're off to Melbourne on the 17th Nov. :scared:

My name is Ian ... wife is Michele ... daughters are Rebecca (10) & Abigail, who will be 7 on 12th Nov.

Born & bred in Port Toilet ... sorry Talbot ... been rentin' an 'ouse in Pyle for the last year.

Pickfords are collectin' our stuff on 24th Oct ... & then stayin' with my bruvver-in-law.

Regards

Ian

Last edited by jonah66; Oct 1st 2003 at 12:37 pm.
Old Oct 1st 2003, 11:12 am
Forum Regular

dobbo is an unknown quantity at this point

we are definitely up for a meet/drink I am Juliet 38, hubby marty 41 and 4 boys but we can leave them at home . We are living near Talbot Green ,not that far down the m4. I am busy sorting out the house at the moment shouold be moving out on Oct 25th and
flying out to Oz on nov 24th via stopover in singapore
let us know what date you decide

cheers

juliet
Old Oct 1st 2003, 11:27 am
Homeward Bound

Shall we come up with some dates then? Sounds like WBB is the most awkward
So maybe he could suggest something?
Old Oct 1st 2003, 12:19 pm

Dobbo,

I've had many a drink in the Castle Mynach near Llantrissant.....thats near you isn't it?

Meeting place........somewhere in the middle.......suggestions?
Old Oct 1st 2003, 12:22 pm
Forum Regular

Location: From Port Talbot, South Wales to Ascot Vale, Melbourne
jonah66 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by BrisbaneBrummie
Dobbo,

I've had many a drink in the Castle Mynach near Llantrissant.....thats near you isn't it?

Meeting place........somewhere in the middle.......suggestions?
Pantruthin Farm, Pencoed?? Junction 35 off M4.

Its either a Harverster or a Brewsters type pub. Indoor & outdoor play area for the kids!

Last edited by jonah66; Oct 1st 2003 at 12:25 pm.
Old Oct 1st 2003, 12:34 pm
Forum Regular

Luke1011 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: South Wales meet up......By Yur!

Hi to all the Taffs
We would love to come along, living in Merthyr at the moment, hoping to be in Perth next May (Visa's already granted)
Luke (13yrs) and my mam (Old) and dad (Older)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.