Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

south of perth reccie, anyone free to meet?

south of perth reccie, anyone free to meet?

Old Sep 12th 2007, 1:45 pm
Forum Regular

flump is a jewel in the roughflump is a jewel in the roughflump is a jewel in the roughflump is a jewel in the roughflump is a jewel in the rough
Smile south of perth reccie, anyone free to meet?

HI all

Visa arrived in adelaide aug 28th so now the wait..anyway we have booked a trip (me and Hubby) to visit australia in a few wks and just had a thought about whether anyone would be free to parhaps meet us on our travels. We are landing in perth 3 oct and then heading south to various locations(none of which i'm definatley sure of yet) , we will be staying in motels or similar en route as we are not sure of where we will be on any given day.(hope that makes sense?) We would like to research places to live, prices, facilities (schools in particular as we have 4 children, 16,11,8,7) and most importantly where the work is for hubby ( he is a wall and floor tiler). We just thought it would be great to speak to anyone who is settled there to give us their opinions, advice etc.
I am presuming that we can buy phone cards once we arrive to make it easier to call home and maybe anyone who is intersted in giving us a mini guided tour(even if its just an hour or so).

Hope all that made sense and you don't think i am completely bonkers for wanting to meet total strangers!!??

Oh and whats the weather doing there at the moment, i need to know what to pack? will i need woolies?

THanks to anyone who replies. you can PM me to.

Claire and Paul
Old Sep 12th 2007, 6:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

marvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: south of perth reccie, anyone free to meet?

Originally Posted by flump
HI all

Visa arrived in adelaide aug 28th so now the wait..anyway we have booked a trip (me and Hubby) to visit australia in a few wks and just had a thought about whether anyone would be free to parhaps meet us on our travels. We are landing in perth 3 oct and then heading south to various locations(none of which i'm definatley sure of yet) , we will be staying in motels or similar en route as we are not sure of where we will be on any given day.(hope that makes sense?) We would like to research places to live, prices, facilities (schools in particular as we have 4 children, 16,11,8,7) and most importantly where the work is for hubby ( he is a wall and floor tiler). We just thought it would be great to speak to anyone who is settled there to give us their opinions, advice etc.
I am presuming that we can buy phone cards once we arrive to make it easier to call home and maybe anyone who is intersted in giving us a mini guided tour(even if its just an hour or so).

Hope all that made sense and you don't think i am completely bonkers for wanting to meet total strangers!!??

Oh and whats the weather doing there at the moment, i need to know what to pack? will i need woolies?

Claire and Paul
Hi Claire/Paul

Would be interested to hear what you think/find out. We're taking in Bunbury and surrounding areas on our reccie in November, seems to be a lot of work for trades in that area as well.
Old Sep 13th 2007, 8:18 am
Forum Regular

flump is a jewel in the roughflump is a jewel in the roughflump is a jewel in the roughflump is a jewel in the roughflump is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by marvinc
Hi Claire/Paul

Would be interested to hear what you think/find out. We're taking in Bunbury and surrounding areas on our reccie in November, seems to be a lot of work for trades in that area as well.
Hi marvinc,

i will post a thread once we have been and let you know what we find out. a bit nervous about going. Have you sent your visa off?

Claire
x
Old Sep 13th 2007, 8:23 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

HI all

Claire and Paul
It will probably still be a tad chilly down south in October, not shorts and tshirt weather thats for sure. Jeans and fleece and a raincoat just in case. Although when the sun comes it may be quite warm so layers are good.
Old Sep 13th 2007, 9:36 am
Forum Regular

Peter & Karin is just really nicePeter & Karin is just really nicePeter & Karin is just really nicePeter & Karin is just really nicePeter & Karin is just really nicePeter & Karin is just really nicePeter & Karin is just really nicePeter & Karin is just really nice

HI all

Claire and Paul
Hi Claire & Paul

We're in Secret Harbour we've only been here 2 weeks so far, but seems to be going well. I am not working at the minute so I could meet up when you're over here. We've got 2 kids here girl(11) and boy(9).

Karin
(Peter & Karin)