Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

South Bank - Brisbane

South Bank - Brisbane

Old Sep 12th 2004, 12:54 pm
Hello from Brisbane

irishmolly is an unknown quantity at this point
Default South Bank - Brisbane

We went to South Bank in Brisbane today and must say it was excellent and highly recommended for families with smaller kids.

The place is so clean and friendly, even 4 lifeguards on duty for safety. The sun was out and most people were in for a swim - incredible to think this is a man-made beach in the middle of a busy city. Loads of BBQ's and a market with street perfomers made it a great day, beats spending an hour in the car going to Sunshine or Gold coast where we are heading next weekend.

Life is great in Brisbane !
Old Sep 12th 2004, 3:02 pm
Banned

mutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nice
Default Re: South Bank - Brisbane

Originally Posted by irishmolly
We went to South Bank in Brisbane today and must say it was excellent and highly recommended for families with smaller kids.

The place is so clean and friendly, even 4 lifeguards on duty for safety. The sun was out and most people were in for a swim - incredible to think this is a man-made beach in the middle of a busy city. Loads of BBQ's and a market with street perfomers made it a great day, beats spending an hour in the car going to Sunshine or Gold coast where we are heading next weekend.

We went in April and would defo go again, the only problem we had was finding somewhere to park the car but we did get it sorted in the end.
Old Sep 12th 2004, 3:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

KatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to behold

I definately agree. I love the Southbank. Someone in another post (sorry I forget who) was saying they screen films there as well so you can swim and watch a film at the same time, which sounds good.
Old Sep 12th 2004, 8:49 pm
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KatieStar
I definately agree. I love the Southbank. Someone in another post (sorry I forget who) was saying they screen films there as well so you can swim and watch a film at the same time, which sounds good.
Don't quite know about showing a movie at the lagoon while swimming , but I do know that they show movies and concerts at the piazza (think I spelt it right) auditorium at Southbank. They do have "Dive-in Movies" at the Wet & Wild Waterworld theme park near Comera (right next to Movie World) during summer.
Old Sep 12th 2004, 8:56 pm
Forum Regular

wombat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by irishmolly

we went to southbank yesterday aswell, the kids had a great time playing in the water even if it was a bit cold ! its a lovely place and it only cost us $16 for the train from cleveland to there.

lucy
Old Sep 13th 2004, 5:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Billabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really nice

IrishMolly,

Where abouts in Brizzie have you settled?
Old Sep 13th 2004, 6:42 am
Forum Regular

Location: Currently in Southampton leaving for Brisbane on the 14th of April 05!!
qkeoty is an unknown quantity at this point

Southbank is absolutely wonderful it is always open for people to walk though. it was the old Expo 88 location. and yes they do do filming there. Inspector Gadget was filmed there not long ago, and they have open air movies showing in the summer out on the grass..under the southern cross.
---> this address has some photos of brisbane and tangalooma island

http://groups.msn.com/Australiaherew...nbrisbane.msnw

Jessica and James
Old Sep 13th 2004, 11:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Edens Landing, half way between Brisbane and Gold coast
Paul&Ann-Marie will become famous soon enough

I had to step forward and assist one of those perfomers to mount a ten foot unicycle with a goldfish bowl on his head juggling machete's.Not exactly somewhere i wanted to be at the time lol, still, kids loved the adrenalin rush wondering if dad would have to get taken to the local A&E with a knife sticking out of his head

Have to agree though, southbank is a lovely walk,swim,view etc etc.

Paul