Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

South Australia to Queensland shipping costs

South Australia to Queensland shipping costs

Old Dec 2nd 2010, 9:33 am
Forum Regular

lickylady is a name known to alllickylady is a name known to alllickylady is a name known to alllickylady is a name known to alllickylady is a name known to alllickylady is a name known to alllickylady is a name known to alllickylady is a name known to alllickylady is a name known to alllickylady is a name known to alllickylady is a name known to all
Default Re: South Australia to Queensland shipping costs

Hi All, Can I ask why you have decided to move from Adelaide to Brisbane, also those that have, how are you feeling over there. Are you more settled, is there a bit more life etc??? I am gradually beginning to like Adelaide but after 3 years still feel that maybe it would all be so much better in another state. Your feelings please. Thanks
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 10:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Cookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud of

Hey, we moved because I always thought that there was something missing in SA. Just was`nt the Australia I was looking for. Here in Qld its so totally different. More what I expected. palm trees clean beaches etc.... its hard to explain. Send me your email address and i will send you some pictures. They say more than words!!!!!
Angela
Old Dec 3rd 2010, 12:01 am
Jan4kids

Jan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Seabird! Weren't you friends with Elaine? think I have met you (Marion swimming pool?).

I much prefer here to Adelaide....but found it easier to make friends in Adelaide.

Husband drove (twice!) once towing the caravan and again with the second car and the dogs. Furniture went with Pickfords and I went with 4 kids on the plane.....sorted

Best Wishes,

Jan
Old Dec 3rd 2010, 12:11 am
Forum Regular

sunnyj has a brilliant futuresunnyj has a brilliant futuresunnyj has a brilliant futuresunnyj has a brilliant futuresunnyj has a brilliant futuresunnyj has a brilliant future

Hi, it cost us around $7k and $900 of that was to have the van moved up.
We used allied Pickfords and they arranged for the van to be sent up via another company.
We drove up in the car with 3 kids and 2 dogs and camped on the way up.
Our first stop was Hay, then Dubbo and then Armidale. It was a bit of a pain putting the tent up and taking it down 3 times but we did ok.

We left Adelaide as there wasn't enough for us there.
Queensland is the "Australia" that we imagined.

People that are moving up to QLD from Adelaide with kids should be advised that your children will jump up a year in school. My eldest jumped from year 7 primary straight into year 8 high school, which was a bit of a shock but he has caught up.
Old Dec 3rd 2010, 5:27 am
Forum Regular

simsy is just really nicesimsy is just really nicesimsy is just really nicesimsy is just really nicesimsy is just really nicesimsy is just really nicesimsy is just really nicesimsy is just really nicesimsy is just really nice

Does that depend on what part of Qld you go to then, as we moved up to Brissy and my kids went into exactly the same years that they were in in Adelaide. However, the teachers here in brissy said that as the kids were from adelaide they could see that they were at least 6 months ahead of what they were doing here in brissy.
Old Dec 3rd 2010, 1:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

milly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to all

Just an update on a move from Adelaide to Gold coast, Container arrived on the Friday morning , and it would not fit on the drive, the driver put it on the street at the side of us, ( we had no permits or council permission), It was picked up on the following Wednesday 5 days in total, and all good . We drove the first car over last weekend 2 day trip, then flew back to Adelaide, we fly up again next weekend to unpack the container, Then we will be driving the second car over on boxing day, All in all container ,travel and airfares, cost so far $3600. The drive was fine , Adelaide to Mildura to Sydney then up the highway to the Gold Coast.
Old Dec 3rd 2010, 10:40 pm
Forum Regular

ellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by milly123
Just an update on a move from Adelaide to Gold coast, Container arrived on the Friday morning , and it would not fit on the drive, the driver put it on the street at the side of us, ( we had no permits or council permission), It was picked up on the following Wednesday 5 days in total, and all good . We drove the first car over last weekend 2 day trip, then flew back to Adelaide, we fly up again next weekend to unpack the container, Then we will be driving the second car over on boxing day, All in all container ,travel and airfares, cost so far $3600. The drive was fine , Adelaide to Mildura to Sydney then up the highway to the Gold Coast.
thats really helpful info for when we make the move

thanks so much
Old Dec 6th 2010, 8:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Seabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by milly123
Hi Milly

Who did you get your container from?

Seabird
Old Dec 6th 2010, 8:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Seabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Jan4kids
Hey Seabird! Weren't you friends with Elaine? think I have met you (Marion swimming pool?).

I much prefer here to Adelaide....but found it easier to make friends in Adelaide.

Husband drove (twice!) once towing the caravan and again with the second car and the dogs. Furniture went with Pickfords and I went with 4 kids on the plane.....sorted

Best Wishes,

Jan
Hi Jan

Remember the 40C day under the shade round Marion pool well! How you doing? Not seen much of Elaine, but daughter is still friends with Vicky almost five years on. Moving up for job and have a prospective partner there amongst other factors. Perhaps we can meet up for a coffee once we get settled - arrive on the 10th Jan and start new job on the 17th..

How are the family? Glad you made the right decision, I remember you struggled with the weather at first?

Speak soon

Seabird...
Old Dec 6th 2010, 8:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Cookster
Hey, we moved because I always thought that there was something missing in SA. Just was`nt the Australia I was looking for. Here in Qld its so totally different. More what I expected. palm trees clean beaches etc.... its hard to explain. Send me your email address and i will send you some pictures. They say more than words!!!!!
Angela
Hi Angie. Will PM. Seabird.