Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sounds like its OK to thwack those cane toads!

Wikiposts

Sounds like its OK to thwack those cane toads!

Old Apr 11th 2005, 8:03 pm
Banned

kiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sounds like its OK to thwack those cane toads!

Originally Posted by Briz-chick
Who'd want a disgusting toad in their freezer?

When they're dead on the road they stink!
Anything that dies and the body remains at air temp is bound to stink. It;s called rigour mortis!

They wont stink in the freezer. That said you wouldnt want to get pissed and curry one up by mistake would you? LOL

Maybe buy a cheapie second hand freezer for the process (one not used for food)
Old Apr 11th 2005, 8:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=kiwichild]Anything that dies and the body remains at air temp is bound to stink. It;s called rigour mortis!

They wont stink in the freezer. That said you wouldnt want to get pissed and curry one up by mistake would you? LOL

Maybe buy a cheapie second hand freezer for the process (one not used for food)

.................................................. .................................................. ....

Now that is a good idea and what I`d really do (I was just kidding about the air gun ) a cheap 2nd hand freezer just for cane toads I`ll make sure that no one thinks it a secret ice cream stash

Sue x
Old Apr 11th 2005, 8:37 pm
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Carruss
I think someone should let Jimclevs know that his mystery has been solved.

Stick a wooden skewer up their arse, freeze them.........instant *SNAGS* ready for the barbie!

R.

LOL

Good stuff - you may be right!!

Jim
Old Apr 11th 2005, 9:00 pm
wombat42

Cover it in Chocolate and give it to your worst enemy who will mistake it for a large version of those chocolate freddo frogs.

Old Apr 11th 2005, 9:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Even the teachers at my son's camp encouraged the kids to go 'Cane toad batting'!!!! It seems to b Aussie tradition, though I was shocked at first I must admit I have given the odd 1 or 2 a swift kick up the ar** since! Especially since seeing all the real cute native frogs in the zoo, that the Canes have almost killed off.
Old Apr 11th 2005, 9:35 pm
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tinaj
Even the teachers at my son's camp encouraged the kids to go 'Cane toad batting'!!!! It seems to b Aussie tradition, though I was shocked at first I must admit I have given the odd 1 or 2 a swift kick up the ar** since! Especially since seeing all the real cute native frogs in the zoo, that the Canes have almost killed off.
Has anyone see the episode of the Simpsons where it is Whackin' day - the entire population of Springfield go out and batter the crap out of snakes....... strangely familiar.......