Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

SOS..MAYDAY..MAYDAY..!! PLease help Mr. Lombard...ACS RPL assessed as unsuitable

SOS..MAYDAY..MAYDAY..!! PLease help Mr. Lombard...ACS RPL assessed as unsuitable

Old Mar 5th 2002, 6:24 pm
ams
Forum Regular

ams is an unknown quantity at this point
Default SOS..MAYDAY..MAYDAY..!! PLease help Mr. Lombard...ACS RPL assessed as unsuitable

Dear Mr. George Lombard,

I have received my ACS RPL assessment for ASCO 2231-17 and assessed as unsuitable. Here how it goes in the ACS letter:

"I have examined the documentation submitted in support of Mr. Sen's application of 10 December 2001 and have reached the conclusion that his experience together with his educational qualifications would equate with the level of knowledge of an Australian Bachelor degree with a minor in computing.

I would judge that this level of attainment could be inferred from 09/01.

Based on the Assessor's RPL Assessment, the applicant has the equivalent of an Australian Bachelor degree with a minor in computing, but does not satisfy the requirements for relevant information technology experience of 4 years.

The applicant's work experience has been calculated as follows:

04/99 - 12/01 Programmer/Software Engineer
08/98 - 04/99 Programmer/Software Engineer

For the purpose of your application your qualifications have been assessed as unsuitable under 2231-17 of the ASCO code.

Should you wish to appeal against this assessment you may apply in writing to the Director, Membership Board, at the above address. The time limit on the acceptance of appeals is 60 days from the date of this letter of advice. Appeals received after this date will not be accepted.

I thank you for your application and trust that the information provided herewith is satisfactory.

Yours sincerely

Sarah G Paul
Immigration & Examination Manager"

Here are few questions that if answered might give me a lot of relief and a direction as to how to go ahead from here:

1) Does the above assessment mean that if I apply again after August 2002, I'll be favourably assessed?

2) What does "I would judge that this level of attainment could be inferred from 09/01" actually mean?

Does it mean that all work experiences must count to atleast 4 years after this date? However in the Procedures Information Manual ACS has enclosed it is written that for the above assessment the experience criteria is "Applicants in this Group are required to have at least four (4) years of relevant IT experience in prior to the date of their application for PASA".

Could this please be explained?

3) My previous employer reference says that:

"This is to certify that Mr. Amitava Sen has been a full-time employee of Peerless Technologies Ltd. from 05/11/1997 to 07/04/1999. His official designation has been Management Trainee since 01/09/1998. He joined this company as a Project Trainee. His job responsibility has been of that of a Programmer. His initial induction was without a formal appointment letter that was later granted to him in August 1998 due to his demonstrated level of competence with software application development and programming abilities."

By the ACS's calculation of my work experience it is suggestive that they have considered only that part for which an appointment letter was issued to me. Is it really the case?

4) Is there any other information in the letter that does not seem to be apparent to me?

5) If I apply after August and enclose this letter, will ACS give consider their above assessment of "equivalent of an Australian Bachelor degree with a minor in computing" and grant me positive result since by that time I'll have 4 years experience that can be visible from my appointment letters? I shall however complete the whole set of required documentation.

Looking forward to one of the most valuable advices of my life.

Regards....Ams
Old Mar 6th 2002, 7:13 am
ams
Forum Regular

ams is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: SOS..MAYDAY..MAYDAY..!! PLease help Mr. Lombard...ACS RPL assessed as unsuitable

Just to throw it up on top again....

Mr. George Lombard, Allen Collet, any experts ??....are you there?

Rgds....Ams
Old Mar 6th 2002, 10:05 am
George Lombard

Default Re: SOS..MAYDAY..MAYDAY..!! PLease help Mr. Lombard...ACS RPL assessed as unsuitable

Hi Ams,

You are asking me for professional advice which involves more than a helping hand.
Please email me and we can discuss.

Cheers

George Lombard

www.austimmigration.com.au

ams wrote in message <[email protected]>...
    >Dear Mr. George Lombard,
    >
    >I have received my ACS RPL assessment for ASCO 2231-17 and assessed as unsuitable.
    >Here how it goes in the ACS letter:
    >
    >"I have examined the documentation submitted in support of Mr. Sen's application of
    >10 December 2001 and have reached the conclusion that his experience together with
    >his educational qualifications would equate with the level of knowledge of an
    >Australian Bachelor degree with a minor in computing.
    >
    >I would judge that this level of attainment could be inferred from 09/01.
    >
    >Based on the Assessor's RPL Assessment, the applicant has the equivalent of an
    >Australian Bachelor degree with a minor in computing, but does not satisfy the
    >requirements for relevant information technology experience of 4 years.
    >
    >The applicant's work experience has been calculated as follows:
    >
    >04/ 99 - 12/01 Programmer/Software Engineer
    >5/ 98 - 04/99 Programmer/Software Engineer
    >
    >For the purpose of your application your qualifications have been assessed as
    >unsuitable under 2231-17 of the ASCO code.
    >
    >Should you wish to appeal against this assessment you may apply in writing to the
    >Director, Membership Board, at the above address. The time limit on the acceptance
    >of appeals is 60 days from the date of this letter of advice. Appeals received after
    >this date will not be accepted.
    >
    >I thank you for your application and trust that the information provided herewith is
    >satisfactory.
    >
    >Yours sincerely
    >
    >Sarah G Paul Immigration & Examination Manager"
    >
    >Here are few questions that if answered might give me a lot of relief and a
    >direction as to how to go ahead from here:
    >
    > 6) Does the above assessment mean that if I apply again after August 2002, I'll be
    > favourably assessed?
    >
    > 7) What does "I would judge that this level of attainment could be inferred from
    > 09/01" actually mean?
    >
    >Does it mean that all work experiences must count to atleast 4 years after this
    >date? However in the Procedures Information Manual ACS has enclosed it is written
    >that for the above assessment the experience criteria is "Applicants in this Group
    >are required to have at least four
    >(4) years of relevant IT experience in prior to the date of their application for
    > PASA".
    >
    >Could this please be explained?
    >
    > 8) My previous employer reference says that:
    >
    >"This is to certify that Mr. Amitava Sen has been a full-time employee of Peerless
    >Technologies Ltd. from 05/11/1997 to 07/04/1999. His official designation has been
    >Management Trainee since 01/09/1998. He joined this company as a Project Trainee.
    >His job responsibility has been of that of a Programmer. His initial induction was
    >without a formal appointment letter that was later granted to him in August 1998 due
    >to his demonstrated level of competence with software application development and
    >programming abilities."
    >
    >By the ACS's calculation of my work experience it is suggestive that they have
    >considered only that part for which an appointment letter was issued to me. Is it
    >really the case?
    >
    > 9) Is there any other information in the letter that does not seem to be apparent
    > to me?
    >
    >10) If I apply after August and enclose this letter, will ACS give consider their
    > above assessment of "equivalent of an Australian Bachelor degree with a minor in
    > computing" and grant me positive result since by that time I'll have 4 years
    > experience that can be visible from my appointment letters? I shall however
    > complete the whole set of required documentation.
    >
    >Looking forward to one of the most valuable advices of my life.
    >
    >Regards....Ams
    >
    >
    >
    >--
    >Posted via http://britishexpats.com