Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

sorting the TROLLS

sorting the TROLLS

Old Sep 5th 2005, 1:00 pm
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: sorting the TROLLS

Originally Posted by hevs
DON'T ASK :scared:
oppss sorry.
Old Sep 5th 2005, 1:06 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ptlabs
Good suggestions - but you forget that some moderators don't spend their entire lives online.

I might suggest to Sue that this forum be totally unmoderated, maybe it's best to let you guys sort out the trolls yourselves. Mods have never been appreciated here during PB's time and I suspect we aren't appreciated now.

I've received a bit of personal "abuse" (for lack of better word) and was also told that I'm not helpful enough to be a moderator. Go figure.

Peter

P.S. Anyone who doesn't reply to this will be banned.
Very emotional post there Peter.

Pity the same emotion wasn't shown when perfectly good posters DD, Flutter and Megs got banned in a very cold way. They feel emotional too.

Yes, mods are generally very appreciated but there seems to be a fault with the buttons for ban and delete thread of late.

If a thread was considered inappropriate it used to be moved to the lounge or TIO. Seems the goalpost have been moved too.

The most difficult thing to achieve in all life is consistency and that is what we have been lacking just recently.

An example......how can you have some mods helping people to create avatars and anothers banning the poster for it's use ?

A very "lose : lose" situation if ever there was one.

I am really sorry about all this crap as I know being a mod must be a thankless task.

IMO it would have helped had the injustices been put right. We all get things wrong from time to time........it does the soul good to admit it.
Old Sep 5th 2005, 1:10 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by downunderpom
But slapping them is SUCH good fun!

TROLLS, before anybody says anything!
Hey....DUP

How's it going buddy ?
Old Sep 5th 2005, 1:11 pm
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

I agree, the role of a mod is a thankless task...
Old Sep 5th 2005, 1:11 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix

Pity the same emotion wasn't shown when perfectly good posters DD, Flutter and Megs got banned in a very cold way. They feel emotional too.

Yes, mods are generally very appreciated but there seems to be a fault with the buttons for ban and delete thread of late.

If a thread was considered inappropriate it used to be moved to the lounge or TIO. Seems the goalpost have been moved too.

The most difficult thing to achieve in all life is consistency and that is what we have been lacking just recently.

An example......how can you have some mods helping people to create avatars and anothers banning the poster for it's use ?

I am really sorry about all this crap as I know being a mod must be a thankless task.

IMO it would have helped had the injustices been put right. We all get things wrong from time to time........it does the soul good to admit it.
What he said ^^^^^^
Old Sep 5th 2005, 1:13 pm
Just Joined

Happy Hayley has a brilliant futureHappy Hayley has a brilliant futureHappy Hayley has a brilliant futureHappy Hayley has a brilliant futureHappy Hayley has a brilliant futureHappy Hayley has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Bix

Superb post

Is it not better to be happy than right all the time? A need to be consumed by "rightism" can cause more heartache and trouble than its worth.
A person also attracts a lot more respect in admitting when they are wrong.
Old Sep 5th 2005, 1:18 pm
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
<snip>
<snip>
I was the sole moderator here for a long time. Recently, I've moderated less often while the "newer" mods took the lead. Consistency is easier when one's flying solo.

I did ban DD as she ignored a direct instruction from me in the immigration forum. The old timers here (plus those who bother to read the guidelines and my instructions) will know that I'm more intolerant of off-topic chatter in the immi forum.

Peter
Old Sep 5th 2005, 1:28 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Originally Posted by ptlabs
I was the sole moderator here for a long time. Recently, I've moderated less often while the "newer" mods took the lead. Consistency is easier when one's flying solo.

I did ban DD as she ignored a direct instruction from me in the immigration forum. The old timers here (plus those who bother to read the guidelines and my instructions) will know that I'm more intolerant of off-topic chatter in the immi forum.

Peter
Agreed, if only one mod it would lead to better consistency.
But we don't have one so guess it's a lottery.

Everyone reads all the small print in contracts, insurance policies, software licences and of course forum guidelines
Old Sep 5th 2005, 1:33 pm
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
Agreed, if only one mod it would lead to better consistency.
But we don't have one so guess it's a lottery.

Everyone reads all the small print in contracts, insurance policies, software licences and of course forum guidelines
why can't I be a mod, I'm on here quite a lot, live in Australia and am good at sniffing out trolls
Old Sep 5th 2005, 1:35 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Originally Posted by walla1
why can't I be a mod, I'm on here quite a lot, live in Australia and am good out sniffing out trolls

,,,,,,,,,and I thought you lived in Perth
Old Sep 5th 2005, 1:37 pm
Keeping it fairly real

Originally Posted by Bix
,,,,,,,,,and I thought you lived in Perth
walla for mod!!
Old Sep 5th 2005, 1:42 pm
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
For that case, I issued an explicit public instruction which was ignored. Short of using a pop-up warning, I don't think an instruction can be more obvious or explicit.

I'm going to close this and the other parallel thread now.

Peter