Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sorry for yet another shipping question!

Sorry for yet another shipping question!

Old Sep 6th 2005, 10:41 am
In The Sunshiiiiinnnnnne

Comer has a brilliant futureComer has a brilliant futureComer has a brilliant futureComer has a brilliant futureComer has a brilliant futureComer has a brilliant future
Default Sorry for yet another shipping question!

Apologies if this has been done to death but I have searched honest

I'm thinking of shipping a few bits of furniture rather than losing money. But I don't really want to book a company until I've exchanged on my house and then I may complete 2-3 weeks later.

Ideally I want to exchange and then book someone and I wouldn't mind if the available date was anytime before completion because I could always move in with my parents.

Has anybody booked a shipper at very short notice?

Thanks in advance.
Old Sep 6th 2005, 10:53 am
BE Enthusiast

BettyBoop has a spectacular aura aboutBettyBoop has a spectacular aura aboutBettyBoop has a spectacular aura about
Talking Re: Sorry for yet another shipping question!

Originally Posted by Comer
Apologies if this has been done to death but I have searched honest

I'm thinking of shipping a few bits of furniture rather than losing money. But I don't really want to book a company until I've exchanged on my house and then I may complete 2-3 weeks later.

Ideally I want to exchange and then book someone and I wouldn't mind if the available date was anytime before completion because I could always move in with my parents.

Has anybody booked a shipper at very short notice?

Thanks in advance.
yes we booked ours at 14 days notice...but we had a quote from them a month prior to this...the quotes usually last 3 months...phone them and ask, that way you can get the estimates in, and then move on the one you think is best at short notice....ours double booked us and had to give us the day after i requested...however for the inconvenience i negotiated two extra weeks free storage....

BB
Old Sep 6th 2005, 11:48 am
kneading my cushion

webgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Sorry for yet another shipping question!

Ditto above poster. We gave about 12 days notice but had a quote done a month previously. It was Easter, a 'busy time' for the shipping industry (?) but we got everything we wanted.

Our stuff was shipped 5 days after leaving our house.
Old Sep 6th 2005, 11:55 am
In The Sunshiiiiinnnnnne

Comer has a brilliant futureComer has a brilliant futureComer has a brilliant futureComer has a brilliant futureComer has a brilliant futureComer has a brilliant future

Excellent! It can be done. Thanks for that, time for some quotes methinks
Old Sep 6th 2005, 1:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

parkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of light

Hi
Our shippers are coming on thursday. Our buyers wanted to exchange at the end of august but our shippers pss say they need about a months notice. We had to delay our completion until 12/9. It has taken a month from exchange to completion. Get a quote first from the shippers, then book tentative dates without a deposit, when you exchange get your solicitor to call you prior to exchange so you can check with the shippers if the date is still available. if it is then confirm with the solicitor so they can then exchange. Well this is what I did anyway.
hope this helps
irene
Old Sep 6th 2005, 1:52 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

We're using John Masons, they need a couple of weeks notice so rang them yesterday to check they have availability as we hope to exchange on Friday but I refuse to book anything until that's done!