Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sorry Sad Question? Is There A Tkmax In Oz?

Sorry Sad Question? Is There A Tkmax In Oz?

Old May 3rd 2005, 12:02 pm
Forum Regular

WHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really nice
Question Sorry Sad Question? Is There A Tkmax In Oz?

Was just wondering if Oz had a TKMAX or equivalent. Need some new picture frames and remember these were good for this kind of thing.
Old May 4th 2005, 2:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

TopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Sorry Sad Question? Is There A Tkmax In Oz?

Originally Posted by WHEEZY
Was just wondering if Oz had a TKMAX or equivalent. Need some new picture frames and remember these were good for this kind of thing.
I don't know what you mean, so I guess the answer is "no". Is it a shop or something?
Old May 4th 2005, 3:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

gdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to all

Hi

maybe you could try Ikea!
Old May 4th 2005, 3:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

I know what you mean. No, there is not TKMax here, but there is loads of equivalents,

'Target' springs to mind,

Cheers,
JTL
Old May 4th 2005, 3:12 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

God, I hope not
Old May 4th 2005, 3:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
God, I hope not
SNOB!

JTL
Old May 4th 2005, 3:22 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
SNOB!

JTL
Nope. It's a shop with crowded rails and I don't like shops especially ones with crowded rails
Old May 4th 2005, 3:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Nope. It's a shop with crowded rails and I don't like shops especially ones with crowded rails
Crowded rails? Sorry I'm not a woman and therefore have no idea what you are talking about.

Cheers,
JTL
Old May 4th 2005, 3:34 pm
Not two zombies

Mongrol will become famous soon enough

Crowded rails? Sorry I'm not a woman and therefore have no idea what you are talking about.

Cheers,
JTL
TKMaxx is a god of a shop but when I was over for a month last November there was no such thing. Don't mistake TK as being similar to Target or other budget shops. TKmaxx is a shop with seriously awful designer gear the designers couldn't sell. 99% of the stuff is shocking to look at but no and again you get a pure gem in it. It's great. I don't believe there's an Oz equivalent.
Old May 4th 2005, 3:37 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

Cheers,
JTL
Not rocket science Big shop, loads and loads of rails holding millions of coat hangers from which dangle, generally by one strap, millions and millions of so called bargain discount designer clothing with all the sizes mixed up - I have nightmares about that shop. I really really need to get myself a life
Old May 4th 2005, 3:41 pm
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

Not rocket science Big shop, loads and loads of rails holding millions of coat hangers from which dangle, generally by one strap, millions and millions of so called bargain discount designer clothing with all the sizes mixed up - I have nightmares about that shop. I really really need to get myself a life
Just got to agree with you about it being a nightmare. I cannot bring myself to go in there, once was enough. Mind you I absolutely detest shopping. I like to know what I am going for, where it is in the shop and I go first thing in the morning or last thing at night as I hate crowds of people too.

I wasn't always like this, I reckon 3 years in Hong Kong, where lots of shops were like this and there were lots of people at all hours of the day and night, tipped me over the edge!
Old May 4th 2005, 3:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sounds like hell.

Also reminds me of an episode of 'the simpsons' where Marge found a designer dress for $10 in a discount store.

JTL