Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

sorry - recommended shipping company request!

sorry - recommended shipping company request!

Old Aug 2nd 2005, 7:27 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: sorry - recommended shipping company request!

Originally Posted by lynnlovessun
Same happened to us Donna - we were also skint and our shippers, Crown, had packed our stuff up 2 days before our move out date - by the time you get the cheque from the solicitors and put it in the bank to clear you are looking at a week to getting your house sale money. I phoned Crown and they agreed to let us pay the balance once we had this money - in the end my bank gave me a loan within 48 hours which we paid off a week later - I decided this might be easier even though Crown said it was ok - that may of been because Crown were storing our stuff free for 6 weeks - if you were wanting them to ship right away they might want payment 1st. Just phone your shipper and ask - they will be used to that - not everyone has £3500 lying around!

Lynn
One possible solution might be to offer your shippers a irrevokable undertaking from the solicitor handling your sale to pay the bill once your sale goes through if it looks as if its being delayed. At least its legal security for them and a solicitor should not charge much for drafting it - its a simple letter document. Just a thought