Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

sorry...nursing....AGAIN!!

sorry...nursing....AGAIN!!

Old Nov 1st 2003, 9:00 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute
Default sorry...nursing....AGAIN!!

hello again,
Arlene, theresa.....anyone!!??
oh dear, I dont seem to be able to get my head round this ANC assessment thingy.
I have just been on the nmc website which says it can provide verification of my registration for £34. I have requested this by email. However, will this include the transcript of my training, or is this a separate form? i couldnt find on the nmc website anything about transcripts, yet the ANC form specifically states it needs a transcript of the training syllabus, verification of registration AND a cert copy of the nursing graduation certificate - whats that? is it the certificate i got from the ukcc (or wasit enb) that was handed to me at the graduation ceremony?? (god knows what I did with that, its 13 years since I graduated!!)
Any advice gratefully received!!

many many many thanks.......!!

Sue

just an afterthought - did you take your anc application AND your application for immigration documents all to be verified together? With the excetption of the medicals I hope to submit everything up front...will going en masse to get everything certified at the solicitors save time (and money?)
cheers

Last edited by tiredwithtwins; Nov 1st 2003 at 9:03 am.
Old Nov 1st 2003, 9:53 am
BE Forum Addict

arlene is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: sorry...nursing....AGAIN!!

[QUOTE]Originally posted by tiredwithtwins
hello again,
Arlene, theresa.....anyone!!??
oh dear, I dont seem to be able to get my head round this ANC assessment thingy.
I have just been on the nmc website which says it can provide verification of my registration for £34. I have requested this by email. However, will this include the transcript of my training, or is this a separate form? i couldnt find on the nmc website anything about transcripts, yet the ANC form specifically states it needs a transcript of the training syllabus, verification of registration AND a cert copy of the nursing graduation certificate - whats that? is it the certificate i got from the ukcc (or wasit enb) that was handed to me at the graduation ceremony?? (god knows what I did with that, its 13 years since I graduated!!)
Any advice gratefully received!!

many many many thanks.......!!

Sue

1. sue transcript of your training means all the syllabusses you covered whilst a student and if you passed them, the college you went to should be able to send them to you for about 20 poundullies, (if the uni or college where you trained dosnt have it then phone the nmc and they will sort it for you)

2. when you pass the whole training course you should have been sent a copy of a letter with your pin number on it, thats the certification of registation,

3. when you completed your taining, you got a certificate, where it was a dipmloma or bsc, that was what you handed at the graduation ceremony

4. before applying for the whole immi process, you have to had your skills assessed by anci but you can take everything in to be certified beforehand saves time and money, your anci assesment must be included though in the application

just as aprecaution i triple copied everything, one for anci, one for the application and one for myself,

anything else i can help with sue just ask

arlene
Old Nov 2nd 2003, 2:40 pm
We arrived november 2004

kentcoast is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Sue

As you have been qualified for over ten years you should be able to get your transcript from the NMC, that's what I did as my training hospital no longer exists.

If you qualified on old style training and have since completed diploma or degree you must get course transcript from the uni/unis involved, again NMC advied me that the uni must send these off and not you otherwise the ANC will not accept the information. From the information that Arlene has given (2) the NMC will be able to send you a statement of entry to the professional register. I will be taking Arlenes advice and copy everything in triplicate. I plan to have medicals and police checks done whilst waiting for the ANC so everything is ready to go as soon as I hear back from them. I have found them very helpful so far, I was concerned that they may charge extra if something is not included but they say no they will just let you know what else you need to send.

Sarah
Old Nov 2nd 2003, 3:26 pm
Just Joined

nipper is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by kentcoast
Hi Sue

As you have been qualified for over ten years you should be able to get your transcript from the NMC, that's what I did as my training hospital no longer exists.

If you qualified on old style training and have since completed diploma or degree you must get course transcript from the uni/unis involved, again NMC advied me that the uni must send these off and not you otherwise the ANC will not accept the information. From the information that Arlene has given (2) the NMC will be able to send you a statement of entry to the professional register. I will be taking Arlenes advice and copy everything in triplicate. I plan to have medicals and police checks done whilst waiting for the ANC so everything is ready to go as soon as I hear back from them. I have found them very helpful so far, I was concerned that they may charge extra if something is not included but they say no they will just let you know what else you need to send.

Sarah

hi, I qualified almost 20 years ago, my school of nursing no longer existed but i obtained standard transcripts from the local university which were sent to me directly and were accepted without any problem by the anc. i wasnt charged for this process and the transcripts were made available within a week! hope this is useful.
regards
tracy
Old Nov 2nd 2003, 4:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

arlene is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by nipper
hi, I qualified almost 20 years ago, my school of nursing no longer existed but i obtained standard transcripts from the local university which were sent to me directly and were accepted without any problem by the anc. i wasnt charged for this process and the transcripts were made available within a week! hope this is useful.
regards
tracy

i did exatly that tracy and got my transcripts sent directly to me from my uni and sent them off directly to anci and i was assessed within 2 weeks
Old Nov 2nd 2003, 5:01 pm
We arrived november 2004

kentcoast is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by arlene
i did exatly that tracy and got my transcripts sent directly to me from my uni and sent them off directly to anci and i was assessed within 2 weeks

I think I will do the same. I have the transcripts it was the nmc that told me I could not send them it had to be the uni I was going to take then back tomorrow and ask them to send them. This way at least I'll know when they have been sent now.

Many thanks

Sarah
Old Nov 2nd 2003, 5:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

parkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of light
Default sorry nursing again

Hello Sue
I dont usually browse this forum as Im on the immigration site more often. I have found that a great help for completing forms etc. Both forums are brilliant.
In answer to your question having just done those recently and in the process of submitting my skills assessment.
I asked nmc to confirm that I am a nurse that costs £34.00 and they send you a reply to confirm that its been done. You can request that they send this verification to as many states as you wish. I am hoping to go to victoria but I also requested nsw and south australia in case we change our mind. You have 6 options so you can in theory apply for all six.

I then contacted my old college where I trained. They no longer train nurses but have to keep all records in the archives. They have sent direct to Australia the transcripts of my training. I have not yet received verification that this has been done but they apparently do it via email. If I requested a copy sent to me it would have cost me £25.00. I did not request it and hope that it has been done. I have the ladies name etc etc.

You will also need references professional for the last 5 years.

You will need copies of any other certificates nursing courses eg 997/998 and get transcripts for those too.

You need marriage, birth certificates.

I think thats all. I am doing the same as you getting the solicitor to verify documents for my visa application at the same time as the majority of documents are the same. Just the additional ones for the family.

Hope this of some help.
Irene
Old Nov 2nd 2003, 6:24 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

hello!
Thanks for all the info guys....I will ring the nmc tomorrow to get a transcript of my training. I have emailed a request for verification.
Once you get the assessment back from the anci, what do you then do to register in the state you intend to work? Should I get a couple of copies of all my documents, certified, and keep them for future use?
its a complicated process - do other professions go through all this too!?
I have just noticed too that the fee has gone up by $100!!! It is now $630!!!

Sue:scared:
Old Nov 2nd 2003, 7:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

rumbletum will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by tiredwithtwins
hello!
Thanks for all the info guys....I will ring the nmc tomorrow to get a transcript of my training. I have emailed a request for verification.
Once you get the assessment back from the anci, what do you then do to register in the state you intend to work? Should I get a couple of copies of all my documents, certified, and keep them for future use?
its a complicated process - do other professions go through all this too!?
I have just noticed too that the fee has gone up by $100!!! It is now $630!!!

Sue:scared:
Hi Sue

I actually got my registration sorted out first and then sent off for the skills assessment which meant I could do a modified assessemnt for a fraction of the cost!! Verification from the NMC costs £34 and this will allow you 5 verifications in a three month period. By the way, I was never asked for transcripts as I completed my RGN training in 1987 and then my RSCN in 1990. I think it depends on the time that you trained. When registering with the NSW board, they requested the names of the Colleges of Nursing and copies of my registration and course certificates, but transcripts not required. Took 8 weeks for my registration to come through and about the same time for the skills assessment