Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sorry guys but need some more assistance!!!

Sorry guys but need some more assistance!!!

Old May 30th 2002, 8:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the rough
Default Sorry guys but need some more assistance!!!

Okay so I am going through my panic phase and after investigation believe I have just cause for this...its quite a long message but would really really appreciate any advice.

Right here goes....

I got assesssed by the ACS with the terms 'The applicant has a National Diploma and an MCSE which have been assessed as comparable to an Australian AQF Diploma in computing'. I DO NOT have a deem date mentioned anywhere on my ACS letter. Okay thats fine so far....

I need the 10 points for the work experience thingy, I got my MCSE in June 1999 and my BTEC OND Diploma in 1989, I understand that they wont count experience that went towards my qualification ie 4 years prior to my MCSE (cant be 4 years after my MCSE) or 4 years post Diploma, for the Related Work Experience.

A few questions then....
Have they assessed my qualifications solely on my Diploma and therefore counted 4 years after that date as my experience (and just mentioned the MCSE as it was on my form), therefore giving my plenty of experience for the RWE?
Have they assessed me on my MCSE and counted the experience prior to this qualification, therefore meaning that as I got the MCSE in June 1999 I havent got the required 3 years experience (until June this year)?
Or...finally....
As there is no mention of a deem date anywhere will they just look at the date I got my most recent qualification (MCSE) and base the experience after that date?

Your help would be really really appreciated.

Thanks yet again
Old May 31st 2002, 2:49 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sorry guys but need some more assistance!!!

Flibble,

What's "OND" ? I'm not from the UK, so I'm unfamiliar with some UK qualifications, so forgive my ignorance.

It seems that the ACS recognized your National Diploma as well as your MCSE, so that probably explains why you never got a deeming date, as your Diploma's dated 1989, you've definitely more than 4 years of IT experience after that :-)

Just a guess.

Cheers,
Peter

Originally posted by MrFlibbleUK
I got assesssed by the ACS with the terms 'The applicant has a National Diploma and an MCSE which have been assessed as comparable to an Australian AQF Diploma in computing'.

...I got my MCSE in June 1999 and my BTEC OND Diploma in 1989...
Old May 31st 2002, 11:20 am
Thunder Ace

Default Re: Sorry guys but need some more assistance!!!

MrFlibbleUK <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > Okay so I am going through my panic phase and after investigation believe I have
    > just cause for this...its quite a long message but would really really appreciate
    > any advice.
    >
    > Right here goes....
    >
    > I got assesssed by the ACS with the terms 'The applicant has a National Diploma and
    > an MCSE which have been assessed as comparable to an Australian AQF Diploma in
    > computing'. I DO NOT have a deem date mentioned anywhere on my ACS letter. Okay
    > thats fine so far....
    >
    > I need the 10 points for the work experience thingy, I got my MCSE in June 1999 and
    > my BTEC OND Diploma in 1989, I understand that they wont count experience that went
    > towards my qualification ie 4 years prior to my MCSE (cant be 4 years after my
    > MCSE) or 4 years post Diploma, for the Related Work Experience.
    >
    > A few questions then.... Have they assessed my qualifications solely on my Diploma
    > and therefore counted 4 years after that date as my experience (and just mentioned
    > the MCSE as it was on my form), therefore giving my plenty of experience for the
    > RWE? Have they assessed me on my MCSE and counted the experience prior to this
    > qualification, therefore meaning that as I got the MCSE in June 1999 I havent got
    > the required 3 years experience (until June this year)? Or...finally.... As there
    > is no mention of a deem date anywhere will they just look at the date I got my most
    > recent qualification (MCSE) and base the experience after that date?
    >
    > Your help would be really really appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks yet again

First off MrFlibble, stop panicking. I've been there, it doesn't help.

My assessment did not have a deeming date either and it just made the statement about
having 12 months experience in C++ even though I had enough experience to claim the
10 points. I simply claimed the ten points on the visa application and included all
the information that I had given to the ACS. Even though the ACS had only verified 12
months experience, I still got the ten points, so I think that Adelaide assess your
eligibility for bonus points and not the ACS.

Anyone else?

Thunder Ace