Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sorry all; another shipping query??

Sorry all; another shipping query??

Old Sep 20th 2009, 7:48 pm
Forum Regular

Andrews2oz is a name known to allAndrews2oz is a name known to allAndrews2oz is a name known to allAndrews2oz is a name known to allAndrews2oz is a name known to allAndrews2oz is a name known to allAndrews2oz is a name known to allAndrews2oz is a name known to allAndrews2oz is a name known to allAndrews2oz is a name known to allAndrews2oz is a name known to all
Default Sorry all; another shipping query??

Hi All,

I've had 4 shipping companies out to give us a quote on a 20' container to Perth.
3 of these companies had similar prices and the other one was quite a lot cheaper.
Without giving the other companies names; we were very impressed with the chap from Doree Boner, even the quotation was really impressive when it arrived (Note: not the price but the actual presentation).

Pretty much decided that we were going to use Doree Boner but then read somewhere on British Expats that someone had been fined for using the wrong wrapping???? surely a shipping company wouldn't be that daft!!

I know that "you can't please all the people...etc etc" but if there is anyone who has used D.B and would like to pas comment; at least I can't say I wasn't warned.

Oh... and my other half wants to know... can she bring feather pillows/duvets?
I'm a bit gutted... just brought a new Mower and it looks like i'm gonna have to leave it here...bum!!

Thanks to all in advance; looking forward to arriving in Perth this December.

From Mark, Tracey, Katie and Becca xxx
Old Sep 21st 2009, 7:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sorry all; another shipping query??

Have you tried using the advanced search facility to look up Doree Bonner? If you limit the search to the Aus forums, you should get some useful threads.

Alternatively, ask one of the mods to change the title of your thread to something like Doree Bonner...opinions please! You may get more replies.

Good luck!
Old Sep 21st 2009, 8:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold

All my featherbeds, pillows and duvets have made it no problem.
Old Sep 21st 2009, 4:05 pm
Forum Regular

LouB is just really niceLouB is just really niceLouB is just really niceLouB is just really niceLouB is just really niceLouB is just really niceLouB is just really niceLouB is just really niceLouB is just really nice

Shipper told us that feathers are fine unless you have plucked your own bird and stuffed your pillow with 'unsterile' feathers. They should be ok. We have packed pillows and cushions so hope they are!
Lou
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 1:25 am
Just Joined

LookingNOW is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Andrews2oz
Hi All,

I've had 4 shipping companies out to give us a quote on a 20' container to Perth.
3 of these companies had similar prices and the other one was quite a lot cheaper.
Without giving the other companies names; we were very impressed with the chap from Doree Boner, even the quotation was really impressive when it arrived (Note: not the price but the actual presentation).

Pretty much decided that we were going to use Doree Boner but then read somewhere on British Expats that someone had been fined for using the wrong wrapping???? surely a shipping company wouldn't be that daft!!

I know that "you can't please all the people...etc etc" but if there is anyone who has used D.B and would like to pas comment; at least I can't say I wasn't warned.

Oh... and my other half wants to know... can she bring feather pillows/duvets?
I'm a bit gutted... just brought a new Mower and it looks like i'm gonna have to leave it here...bum!!

Thanks to all in advance; looking forward to arriving in Perth this December.

From Mark, Tracey, Katie and Becca xxx
One thing to be aware of is what sort of packaging is used. You mentioned something about a fine. I actually import goods from Europe and the UK and our Australian regs are quite tough on incoming shipments. Wood for example must be treated and declared to be so with supporting documents. It would have to be quite a bad breach to be fined, in most cases your goods will be delayed whilst they are fumigated and you will be charged for the privilage. Most shipping companies will also charge storage etc for any hold ups such as this. I would be going for a specific freight company that deals in house removals and you should be ok if they have experience